AI MISSIONS?

Diceman

Ive got the ai working just fine, but the static boxes are a thing...

howd you get the ai working just fine. How did you get them to do damage. when player loading in it sets to no damage so unless you die and start fresh on server after the ai have spawned the don't do damage. whats the trick to get around it?

howd you get the ai working just fine. How did you get them to do damage. when player loading in it sets to no damage so unless you die and start fresh on server after the ai have spawned the don't do damage. whats the trick to get around it?

Magic.

Well they are standing around before you shot at them, but the time they spotted you.. you will have a hard time^^

Tryed out some new ways, they worked out pretty well, AI is fully functional now and the crate is persistant

unfortunately I have a little problem with the cleanup...

How to scan if all units of a group are dead? 

Otherwise I would need to scan if a player was in range of the markerpos (guess this would be easier but still idk how to do it from a HC is it going to work using forEach playableunits ? using the CIV faction aas argument for the playable units)

DZMS's successor will come when the Epoch devs allow the server files to be open. Battleeye filters are a pain, and I rather see everything I'm working with when I do work on it, instead of trying to write code that nulls out code in other files that I'm not allowed to modify. Missions should be server code, and should be on the server side IMO.

As for running code on the server side from the client, you can do so without needing to touch any server files. There are isServer/isClient commands for a reason.

Other than the incompatibilities that DZMS has with Arma3, and the limitations the Epoch Dev's have coded in, you could almost just stick the DZMS launch in the Init and just throw an isServer IF around it and call it a day.

You could also just create a 2nd pbo on the server side and throw it in the addon's folder. Like you could just throw all the dzms code into a new pbo, change file paths and create a .cpp file

Tryed out some new ways, they worked out pretty well, AI is fully functional now and the crate is persistant

Otherwise I would need to scan if a player was in range of the markerpos (guess this would be easier but still idk how to do it from a HC is it going to work using forEach playableunits ? using the CIV faction aas argument for the playable units)

You have a server side only solution?

To cleanup, are you assigning your units to a group? Can you set a counter and maybe new pvar for the ai-alive-count. On unit killed -1 from pvar til 0 or til timer runs out and then cleanup/end mission?

My script is based on a HC (likely serverside), and I can tell that there is only a minimal less performance/fps, I could barely tell if there was any ..

Iam adding my units to a group so that would communicate and also its a bit easier to handle

Thanks for your suggestion! I will try to add a eventhandler if thats possible.

My current cleanup only works for the mission time which counts down and then despawn the whole thing.

currently Iam trying to solve the cleanup first then I will work on the messages to show up, which is a bit tricky as a HC as of what I found out yet.

The only bug that currently accrued was the heal-from-actionmenu shown up again, but that only happened once, idk why.

The rest does not throw up any error, not on HC not on client (cuz there isnt any code on client side)

It would be nice if anybody had a list of static guns, guns that are used in Epoch and Epoch items since I will need them for the rewards :S

_units = units group;

Returns an array of all the units in the group which you can then feed into a foreach.

One thing I would like with current AI missions and future AI missions is a way to adjust/lower the Aimbot on them >_>. No need to have them running around with crappy sub machine guns and getting a head-shot from 100m away instantly. What fun is that when you cant even have a little battle with them? lol Go into action, hide in spot get ready to shoot them and boom dead with a head-shot each time within the first 2 sec. Even when in good cover. 

Maybe my AI system is just bugged idk.

It will return all units in the group, then you would put them through a foreach that removes dead units to get what you want.

{ if (alive _x) then {}; } foreach units group;

etc

deleteing the dead units wouldnt be good for the loot..

so why shouldnt we do it this way:

{ if !(alive _x) then {_x leaveGroup _groupname }; } foreach units _groupname;

if ((count units _groupname) < 1) then {_running=false };

Yep, when Its done.

@drsubo There is a weired thing... I can run it serverside w/o any problems but when I try to put it on another server, the bug occurs. You can switch the whole thing to a HC without aby error to prevent it. Atm Iam adding a convoy script, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet.

Today's plan is to get vehicles to work