@ Dev Team - Ask IceBreaker for permission to include Panthera

Richie

Dear Dev Team,

IceBreaker will release an updated ArmA 3 version of Panthera on November 20th :)

Any chance one of you guys could ask him for permission to use his map to be part of Epoch ? IceBreaker is a pretty cool guy, he helped the Dayz team loads in the past so he might agree.

Another map is more choice for players and good publicity for all involved, I know a port won't be too hard but it'll make it easier for players to join who don't understand manually launching addons.

Just a thought anyhow :)

Dear Dev Team,

IceBreaker will release an updated ArmA 3 version of Panthera on November 20th :)

Any chance one of you guys could ask him for permission to use his map to be part of Epoch ? IceBreaker is a pretty cool guy, he helped the Dayz team loads in the past so he might agree.

Another map is more choice for players and good publicity for all involved, I know a port won't be too hard but it'll make it easier for players to join who don't understand manually launching addons.

Just a thought anyhow :)

Shotgun!

@Epoch;@Panthere (a)

I actually briefly(using the term loosely) spoke with Icebreakr earlier in the weekend.  I noted that server operators would be interested running A3 Epoch on his revamped Panthera island.
This was his reply.

IceBreakr: "Hey, I won't allow any use of my maps in the future by guys collecting money for running their servers. Period."

jeah well u could say that everytime, so basically he is making a map without giving out files or what? xD

Shouldn't it work like it did in Arma2 - Start custom map as addon?

I'm as confused as you are, lol.. this whole witch hunt is breaking the community apart, nowdays a lot of modders are afraid to release their content, you know... might mysteriously appear in A3L mod or something along those lines, lol

tbh map does not need to be added into the mod as long as people have means to obtain it easily... like Six launcher and alike... you know.. the whole DZC nonsense all over again. I don't see Epoch ever supporting this on their launcher, so yeah. That...

The problem is caused by the likes or Arma Life and Dayz origins setups, they raked in thousand and thousands of £/$ without giving a penny back :(

See This Thread for what's been going on.

So while some communities (Not mine) give out small perks for donations, they basically all get tarred with the same brush as them making thousands.

The whole making money crap thats going on is the whole problem!

it shouldnt be a question anymore...

all this conversation is causing is that players won't be able to get the mods together they want to have together

Iam blaming anyone who is just doing more then having an donationbutton on their website.

Guess the human race forgot what 'donate' meant again...

If you got your own add-ons you should act the way that ones you published it, it should be on the users hands how to use it, since like I said a simple donation as it meant to be is for the servercosts itself!

There shouldn't be statements like:

ohhh I don't want my mod together with this cuz I don't like the modmakers...

(not a question of profit as allready mentioned)

If the modmakers don't want their files to be edited, they should keep em private..

Iam so sick of all of this don't mod cuz we will get false results. Just state: no support for nodded files, 100% than having files for just running them.

A quick example:

try out six Launcher.. there are more modcollections then mods..

the right combination sometimes does the favor..

I like the way that the epoch devs are trying to build up the mod, but I don't understand, why we are not allowed to use what we want to use because its about the fun ingame.

same with all the other mods in the contest or elsewhere.. its not a fault of the modmakers if missed versions of their mod appear, the mod they can sumbit counts..

I would love to make my own map. However I was having issues getting Mikero's Tools to work! I couldn't find a fix for it either. So if anyone has worked with it please let me know.

you need to install 3 specific ones so you get required DLLs... I just installed them all.

You don't need mikero's tools to make mods, you don't even need to binarize.. a simple pack with PBOmanager will do, just won't be optimized, but that'll be least of your problems when you start with terrains, hah

I actually briefly(using the term loosely) spoke with Icebreakr earlier in the weekend.  I noted that server operators would be interested running A3 Epoch on his revamped Panthera island.

This was his reply.

IceBreakr: "Hey, I won't allow any use of my maps in the future by guys collecting money for running their servers. Period."

Dam.  Wonder why he's making it then.. Can't stop server providers from making revenue for hosting servers.

You did tell him your not the Origins team did you?   LOL  just kiddin

Dam.  Wonder why he's making it then.. Can't stop server providers from making revenue for hosting servers.

You did tell him your not the Origins team did you?   LOL  just kiddin

He doesn't want's it included into the default epoch pbo's.

But, If u play this map on normal arma 3 you will always do it with other mods. Wasteland for example. I don't see people playing just a map. Would be abit empty i guess ^^.

Look at arma 2 epoch.

the only maps really included in the mod are chernarus,napf and sauerland.

The others u launched with

@tavi@Epoch;

He doesn't want's it included into the default epoch pbo's.

But, If u play this map on normal arma 3 you will always do it with other mods. Wasteland for example. I don't see people playing just a map. Would be abit empty i guess ^^.

Look at arma 2 epoch.

the only maps really included in the mod are chernarus,napf and sauerland.

The others u launched with

@tavi@Epoch;

Fair enough.

It will be a while before anyone steps foot on Panthera in A3 Epoch.. A long while.