Application process for server's owner

BreizhFury

I assume that the release date for the beta should be soon from now (I wish at least!)

In order to plan a little bit in advance, I would like to know what would be the criteria to get the file to run an Epoch server in beta test?

I already saw that it will be an non-disclosure agreement to sign (no problem for this point)

Do you request a minimum level an experience, maturity, server, community/team, etc…

Are you planning a king of application or interview?

I know that you are going to follow the same set up as you did for ArmA2 Epoch but as I wasn’t lucky enough to know you at that time, I have no idea you going to proceed.

I manage a French multi-gaming community of 30players and we did host a Altis server for a wild. Since half a year we are planning to follow the next Epoch mod on Arma3 and planning to host our own server and we try to get ready.

I would assume they go with a GSP in the early stages. So you can rent a server and you have very limited access to the files. At least that is what I got out of a posting Awol did some month ago. Could also be that I missundersood something, plans changed or my head mixed something up. :D

I would assume they go with a GSP in the early stages. So you can rent a server and you have very limited access to the files. At least that is what I got out of a posting Awol did some month ago. Could also be that I missundersood something, plans changed or my head mixed something up. :D

That'd definitely be an interesting scenario considering that there are few GSP's in Australia and almost all of the have extremely horrible support and servers. And that's even if they go with any of the Aus based GSP's.

That Awol told me is. That he will give the server files to GPS (And will have them Locked them down, So they cant edit much). And he will do a app for people with dedicated server. This is basic from what i can tell is so they can control it, so they have room to expand and go which way they seem fit (which i agree). But like the OP, what things will you look for and the main thing is, who will server owners get updates. Thats what i really want to know.

I was also wondering the process behind choosing server hosts.

I am apart of a team that runs a large GSP based in Australia, and we are hoping to be able to help with the hosting of Epoch for Arma 3.

That'd definitely be an interesting scenario considering that there are few GSP's in Australia and almost all of the have extremely horrible support and servers. And that's even if they go with any of the Aus based GSP's.

Which GSPs are you referring to out of interest? 

AWOL had said that server files may be available in beta phase which is when Epoch reaches 1.0 , but more info will be available long before then so if you are interested you are in the right place - in the forums :)

It would be great if the server files are released so we can host Epoch in the server we already own rather than having to rent from third-party.

I was under the impression that the server files were going to be locked down early so they couldn't be modded

That way if problems arose, the dev team could be certain it was the mod itself, not changes the server hosts had made

I really do hope that us dedicated server owners can host it.

As DeceitfulPhoenix says above, GSPs for arma in aus are few and far between, not to mention generally overpriced and awful for support.

I was wondering about this earlier tonight while playing on AU1 and AU2.

When it gets to beta stage, It would of course be a private hive we would be hosting though, right?