Dayz Overpoch - Skins and Ai Problem

Bexs

Question

I have a Dayz Overpoch Napf Server, with a Skins trader  (), this workes good, but my NPCs don´t shoot at players witch wear some skins (Not working skins: Taliban, Stalker, SBH, Gangsta, E_.., and more)

I use editor Ai, DZAI and DZMS, all have the same problems, they ignor players with this skins. Can somebody please help me so that the NPCs shoots on all player? I have seen it working on others servers withe the stalker skins and don´t want to remove them, because I think they are importent in overpoch.

10 answers to this question

its something in dzai that does this ... i havent exactly found out whats doing it, but i know it is not a problem with sarge ai.

i was actually considdering creating an ai system myself, but i think imho it would be a waste to write it now and possibly have to change a lot when new epoch is out.

The affected skins don't have their side properly set to west, which is the player side. It's not caused by any ai mod or scripting.

thats not true, i am 100% sure dzai does something to all ai on the map as it also affects other ai spawned after dzai is started ... not to mention the fact that it works perfectly well with sarge ai.

it can also cause friendly ai to attack the players aswell ... regardles of players score or side.

i didnt have time to go through the code and attempt to fix it as it is (as many other ai systems) filled with a lot of more or less useless options and functions that are either irrelevant (cause there is default/comunity functions doing exactly the same) not to metion the fact that the end user will never even attempt to figure out how to use all that.

Dzai indeed does override all other mission systems rules

the only side dzai doesnt touch or effect is Civilian is why i use wai for friendly support groups or base guard against roaming dzai   wai set to Civilian side missions disabled or enabled and rewritten for united nations construction supply drops etc

Taszi; example what skins you put on ai determines who they attack as well concerning bandit and hero

waiSkinType = [ "B","H","S","S"];

/// Skins used when "Bandit"  ///
bandit_skin = [
"Bandit1_DZ","Bandit2_DZ","BanditW1_DZ","BanditW2_DZ","GUE_Soldier_MG_DZ ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","GUE_Soldier_CO_DZ","GUE_Soldier_2_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","Ins_Soldier_GL_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ"
];
/// Skins used when "GoodGuy" ///
goodguy_skin = [
"RU_Policeman_DZ","Pilot_EP1_DZ","Haris_Press_EP1_DZ",
"Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Rocker1_DZ","Rocker2_DZ","Rocker3_DZ",
"Rocker4_DZ","Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ",
"Villager1","Villager2","SurvivorW2_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",
"SurvivorWcombat_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ","SurvivorWurban_DZ",
"SurvivorWpink_DZ","gsc_scientist1","Assistant"
];
/// Skins used when "Soldiers" ///
soldiers_skin = [
"Rocket_DZ","Soldier1_DZ",
"Sniper1_DZ","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ",
"Camo1_DZ","FR_OHara_DZ","FR_Rodriguez_DZ",
"Graves_Light_DZ","CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ"
];

I will make a change for DZAI to only touch the resistance side relations if east side reaches the maximum group amount and see how that improves things. Either way, the root cause for these issues is that the overwatch people neglected to set the skin side to whatever the dayz standard is for player skins.

I will make a change for DZAI to only touch the resistance side relations if east side reaches the maximum group amount and see how that improves things. Either way, the root cause for these issues is that the overwatch people neglected to set the skin side to whatever the dayz standard is for player skins.

the root cause is the fact that it affects all ai and not only the ones spawned by dzai!

if you are the creator of dzai i suggest you change it, that would solve a lot of problems for everyone i think ...

I've been trying to get around this very issue, by creating a file called skinfix.hpp in the mission pbo and by including it in description.ext

class MVD_Soldier;
class Camo33_DZ: MVD_Soldier {
	// displayName = "Soldier";
	side = 1;
	weapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
	canCarryBackPack = 1;
	backpack = "";
	magazines[] = {};
	respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
	respawnMagazines[] = {};
	weaponSlots = "1	 + 	4	 + 12*		256	 + 2*	4096	 + 	2	 + 8*	16  + 12*131072";
	canHideBodies = 1;
};

class Navy_SEAL_TL;
class Camo34_DZ: Navy_SEAL_TL {
	// displayName = "Soldier";
	side = 1;
	weapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
	canCarryBackPack = 1;
	backpack = "";
	magazines[] = {};
	respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
	respawnMagazines[] = {};
	weaponSlots = "1	 + 	4	 + 12*		256	 + 2*	4096	 + 	2	 + 8*	16  + 12*131072";
	canHideBodies = 1;
};

Not sure if this will work. just something i'm playing with?

I was thinking of just putting skins that WILL get shot at by any AI in a vendor... Does anyone have a break down of skins that are NOT bandit.. I don't need a complete array.. maybe just a few.  I know on one server i poked around on, you can spawn as a stalker...how is possible?  Is there a line of code somewhere that I can change to make ALL player WEST ?  Not sure if I asked that right.. but thanks anyway :D