[Tutorial] Overpoch - Custom traders, all weapons/ammo/vehicles in menus

Any chance of answering a quick question?

I implemented these 3 new NPC's last night to our server and they worked perfectly. (Great vid! Thanks!)

I code all the mods in, another Admin configures the loadouts for AI and does the database stuff like prices and the other 3 Admins help

players in-game and watch for cheaters.

I tell Admin #2, our db guy, that the guns, ammo and cars I've added need their prices adjusting over the next couple of days to match

the other traders. He agrees and goes to work on it.

Admin #3 was online this morning and sees that prices don't match up... so he uses the Infistar tools to delete the NPC's.

A resounding /facepalm was heard across the length and breadth of Chernarus.

Now our new NPC's menu will only load a list of vehicles regardless of what you click on.

Does anyone know how we fix this?

Thanks.

EDIT: FIXED IT
I went into server_traders in the database and saw that the trader now "friendly" and his "Desc" was empty.

I changed him to "neutral" and wrote "Overpoch" in the "Desc" field.

i got stuck on authentication screen for ever

please can you help me

if you can can you join my teamspeak so we can talk to you and show you what errors we get

ts ip: uk-voice2.fragnet.net:10063

thanks alot

Could you please post errors here instead, so others can also learn when stuck? Sorry I really prefer community to follow along.

There's also a good chance more people will jump in to help you.

Loved the video, it helped a newbie to all of this get pretty far, there is however one thing I am having trouble with, it is creating another category under current traders, say the vehicle trader at Lensburg for example, I want to add a category that says Overpoch Vehicles, and then add the cars you added in the video.

For my database I am using Navicat.

I already have the cars in the traders_data database, and they work if I assign them to an already made category, but no matter what I try I cannot get the new category to show up.

I do not have to add anything to the server_traders database entry do I?

Since I am not creating a new trader I figured this would not be necessary.

I did go into the server_traders.sqf and I enter the following.

];
// Vehicles Neutral
menu_GUE_Woodlander3 = [
    [["Bikes and ATV",587],["Buses and Vans",588],["Cargo Trucks",586],["Fuel Trucks",589],["Military Unarmed",598],["Trucks",590],["Used Cars",520],["Utility Vehicles",591],["Overpoch Cars",693]],
    [],
    "neutral"

In my trader_tids I added id 693, and that is the new highest number, for name I added Overpoch Cars, for trader I am not sure if I need to add 177, or since I am adding to an existing trader do I need to add the number already assigned to that current trader? It looks like 146 may be the nuber already assigned to that trader, I tried 146 and 83, still cannot get the new category to show up.

In server_traders database I have id GUE_Woodlander3 as id 83, instance 13, friendly, Scott's Repair Shop, since I am adding the new category to him do I need to add another line in the server_traders database?

Since I am not creating a new trader am I just overthinking it all?

Is it as simple as just editing the traders_data.sqf

Apparently it is no that simple, just tried it and still get no additional category.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I may have figured it out, I was adding that in the DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf folder by mistake, totally derped, I am using a custom folder named DayZ_Overpoch_1.Napf   :o

Confirmed, I should have known I was doing something wrong when the mission file never tried to update, I have it working now, phew!!! :D

I am having issues with my cars and stuff disappearing as soon as I buy them.

Do it with cfg traders or SQL. It will still disapear becuase some armoured vehicles are banned in overwatch.

Hay mate im having a problem were it says in server auth page forever. here is the thing tho my #1 custom trader works and only 1 menu on number 2 of my custom trader works but after i try add more menu's is gives me the server auth screen for ages.

RPT:  http://pastebin.com/MYdNSac8

Server Trader working: http://pastebin.com/bDa42qpe

Server Trader With Server Authenticate edits: http://pastebin.com/tQwYZRpN

Mission.sqf: http://pastebin.com/bbUnX8Af

Database edits:

Trader_ids

694 overpoch 178   693 overpoch 177

Server Traders:

178 Graves 17 neutral                 177 US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1 17 neutral

Hello 
why the taser does not work? 
thank you

Well, tasers do work, however damage handle that does knock out does not work since original Epoch handles are used. I have not looked into this and I believe nobody has had time to fix this (at least nobody has posted a fix for this yet), seems to be a minor issue, probably that's why.

anyone maybe know why my overwatch weapons  are deleted after logging ???

when I log off my overpoch server my overwatch weapon gets deleted

That's an odd one, man. Check the variables part maybe, that's where all the whitelisting for allowed stuff happens, not sure tho.

Does anyone have a list of strictly the Overpoch weapons somewhere? Preferably a textfile.

Thanks!

Dex

Yeah, its posted in OP topic - alternative list. Use notepad++ to remove ammo from tables, it should take you less than 5 minutes.

Do you think you could make a tutorial on how to do this with cfg base traders? I am having issues with my cars and stuff disappearing as soon as I buy them.

I won't do tutorial on that, porting over to CFG traders was super easy as you can copy/export SQL tables from database into a code that has pattern and it is easy to extract neccesarry information from it and convert over to CFG format. It is a bit lengthy process, but it's quite easy to do. 

Unfortunately I won't share my CFG file, as prices are there to fit my server's economy and it would break purpose of this thread, sorry.