[Tutorial] Overpoch - Custom traders, all weapons/ammo/vehicles in menus

I get my server hosted, and it uses an Epoch Trader Config Tool repository, which is a Website built in server based Epoch Traders editor, and its extremely terrible, i'd rather do it the way in the video and manage from the MySQL Database, i've done everything in the video, but it gets stuck at "Waiting for Host". Please Help

I followed this tutorial however when IG I try to buy from a trader and no car/item spawns

Make sure that you are close to civil helipad. So either position it close to an existing one or create a new one nearby, pretty sure I mentioned that in the video. The classname for helipad is HeliHCivil

I get my server hosted, and it uses an Epoch Trader Config Tool repository, which is a Website built in server based Epoch Traders editor, and its extremely terrible, i'd rather do it the way in the video and manage from the MySQL Database, i've done everything in the video, but it gets stuck at "Waiting for Host". Please Help

I've never dealt with config based traders, so I can't help you much, some say cfg traders are actually faster. Maybe just make a new thread somewhere asking how to switch to database traders and refer back to tutorial.

I've never dealt with config based traders, so I can't help you much, some say cfg traders are actually faster. Maybe just make a new thread somewhere asking how to switch to database traders and refer back to tutorial.

Thanks man, I'm posting on the forums of the company that hosts my server & see if there is a way to do that. Thanks for the tutorial, I messed up in a few spots but went through it and fixed them, so detailed & clear, thank you so much!

I have a problem no traders work anymmore ....

shouldnt it at least show empty categories  ??

I see him but no trader menu for any trader

anyone see a problem here ??????????????????

server_traders.sqf

serverTraders = [
"gsc_scientist1",
"GUE_Worker2",

//Overpoch VENDOR
menu_gsc_scientist1 = [
[["Ammunition",1005],["Pistols",1000],["Assult Rifles",1001],["Sniper Rifles,1002],["MPS",1003],["HeavyMachineGuns,1004],["LandVehicles,1007],["ArmedLandVehicles,1008]],
[],
"neutral"
];

mission.sqf

_unit_666 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["gsc_scientist1", [11678.7,15216.2, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_666 = _this;
  _this setDir -50.854939;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;
};

trader_tids

ID: 693 name: Overpoch trader: 177

server_traders

ID: 177  classname:   gsc_scientist1              instance: 17   status: neutral    desc: Overpoch

Seems like you are missing some quotation marks in menu_gsc_scientist1 = [];

//Overpoch VENDOR
menu_gsc_scientist1 = [
[["Ammunition",1005],["Pistols",1000],["Assult Rifles",1001],["Sniper Rifles",1002],["MPS",1003],["HeavyMachineGuns",1004],["LandVehicles",1007],["ArmedLandVehicles",1008]],
[],
"neutral"
];

Other than that, make sure that TID in database represents the second element in menu arrays, so for example:

an m9sd pistol in database has TID of 1000 as stated in your server_traders.sqf, so it can show up in that specific menu

Seems like you are missing some quotation marks in menu_gsc_scientist1 = [];

//Overpoch VENDOR
menu_gsc_scientist1 = [
[["Ammunition",1005],["Pistols",1000],["Assult Rifles",1001],["Sniper Rifles",1002],["MPS",1003],["HeavyMachineGuns",1004],["LandVehicles",1007],["ArmedLandVehicles",1008]],
[],
"neutral"
];

Other than that, make sure that TID in database represents the second element in menu arrays, so for example:

an m9sd pistol in database has TID of 1000 as stated in your server_traders.sqf, so it can show up in that specific menu

missing some quotation marks in menu_gsc_scientist1 = [];   ???????????????
server traders.sqf
//Overpoch VENDOR
menu_gsc_scientist1 = [
[["Ammunition",1005],["Pistols",1000],["Assult Rifles",1001],["Sniper Rifles,1002],["MPS",1003],["HeavyMachineGuns,1004]],
[],
"neutral"
];   // closes the first bracket

Double check your post and mine. Yours is missing quotation marks when defining menu items in array.

I simply fixed it for you, should have mentioned that, I guess.

For example this is what you got:

["Sniper Rifles,1002],

but this is how it suppose to be like:

["Sniper Rifles",1002],

I followed ze steps to add this all but I used my hero and bandit traders instead. Everything seemed to be A ok but I found out upon logging in non of my traders will have the menu scroll option show up. Any idea? I have made sure the server_traders.sqf matches the traders_data tid, I made sure the skins matched up, made sure to add an overpoch row to the trader_tids.

I followed ze steps to add this all but I used my hero and bandit traders instead. Everything seemed to be A ok but I found out upon logging in non of my traders will have the menu scroll option show up. Any idea? I have made sure the server_traders.sqf matches the traders_data tid, I made sure the skins matched up, made sure to add an overpoch row to the trader_tids.

Double check your server_traders.sqf for typos (most common commas, square brackets and most importantly - quotation marks), a single typo will break rest of the traders. If you can't spot it, post your sqf onto pastebin, i'll have a look at it.

Here is my sqf

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 6
serverTraders = ["RU_Worker1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","CIV_EuroWoman01_EP1","ibr_lingorman2s","Worker2","TK_CIV_Woman03_EP1","ibr_lingorman3s","ibr_lingorman5s","ibr_lingorman4","ibr_lingorman2","Citizen2_EP1","Worker1","RU_Madam3","Pilot","CIV_EuroMan02_EP1","CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","ibr_lingorman7s","Damsel3","Rocker4","Worker4","ibr_lingorman7","ibr_lingorman5","Citizen3_EP1","ibr_lingorman6","ibr_lingorman6s","TK_CIV_Woman02_EP1","Pilot_EP1","TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1","RU_Doctor","Functionary1","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1"];
		// START PER TRADER CONFIG
// Whiskey's Parts Shop
menu_RU_Worker1 = [
	[["Building Supplies",508],["Toolbelt Items",510],["Vehicle Parts",509]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Melly's Medical
menu_Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1 = [
	[["Chem-lites/Flares",542],["Medical Supplies",541],["Smoke Grenades",543]],
	[["FoodBioMeat","ItemZombieParts",1,1,"buy","Zombie Parts","Bio Meat",101]],
	"friendly"
];
// Alejandria's General Supplies
menu_CIV_EuroWoman01_EP1 = [
	[["Backpacks",538],["Clothes",628],["Cooked Meats",630],["Drinks",601],["Packaged Food",629]],
	[["ItemTinBar","TrashJackDaniels",1,1,"buy","Empty Whiskey Bottle","Tin Bar",101]],
	"friendly"
];
// Blivion's Wholesale Items
menu_ibr_lingorman2s = [
	[["Wholesale",555]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Axle's Repair Shop
menu_Worker2 = [
	[["Building Supplies",530],["Toolbelt Items",532],["Vehicle Parts",531]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Stella's General Goods
menu_TK_CIV_Woman03_EP1 = [
	[["Backpacks",632],["Clothes",631],["Cooked Meats",634],["Drinks",633],["Packaged Food",635]],
	[["ItemTinBar","TrashJackDaniels",1,1,"buy","Empty Whiskey Bottle","Tin Bar",101]],
	"neutral"
];
// Clive's Wholesale
menu_ibr_lingorman3s = [
	[["Wholesale",636]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Big Bob's Boats
menu_ibr_lingorman5s = [
	[["Boats Armed",558],["Boats Unarmed",557]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Juan's Tour Boats
menu_ibr_lingorman4 = [
	[["Boats Unarmed",672]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Jd'z Armed Boats
menu_ibr_lingorman2 = [
	[["Boats Armed",673]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Green's Quality Cars
menu_Citizen2_EP1 = [
	[["Bikes and ATV",608],["Buses and Vans",563],["Cargo Trucks",564],["Fuel Trucks",492],["Military Unarmed",491],["Trucks",495],["Used Cars",585],["Utility Vehicles",565]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Lyle's Parts
menu_Worker1 = [
	[["Building Supplies",662],["Toolbelt Items",663],["Vehicle Parts",664]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Bag Lady Gina
menu_RU_Madam3 = [
	[["Backpacks",496],["Clothes",497],["Cooked Meats",580],["Drinks",498],["Packaged Food",579]],
	"neutral"
];
// Chip's Choppers
menu_Pilot = [
	[["Helicopter Unarmed",519]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Jim's Ammo
menu_CIV_EuroMan02_EP1 = [
	[["Assault Rifle Ammo",480],["Light Machine Gun Ammo",481],["Pistol Ammo",484],["Shotguns and Single-shot Ammo",573],["Sniper Rifle Ammo",482],["Submachine Gun Ammo",483]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Joe's Weapons
menu_CIV_EuroMan01_EP1 = [
	[["Assault Rifle",615],["Light Machine Gun",616],["Pistols",617],["Shotguns and Single-shot",620],["Sniper Rifle",619],["Submachine Guns",618]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Rodger's 4x4
menu_ibr_lingorman7s = [
	[["Fuel Trucks",589],["Military Unarmed",598],["Trucks",590],["Utility Vehicles",591]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Tina's Tarts
menu_Damsel3 = [
	[["Cooked Meats",690],["Drinks",691],["Packaged Food",692]],
	"friendly"
];
// Sly's Moto
menu_Rocker4 = [
	[["Bikes and ATV",587]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Jim's Used Cars
menu_Worker4 = [
	[["Buses and Vans",588],["Cargo Trucks",586],["Used Cars",520]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Chucks Weapons
menu_ibr_lingorman7 = [
	[["Assault Rifle",602],["Light Machine Gun",603],["Pistols",606],["Shotguns and Single-shot",607],["Sniper Rifle",605],["Submachine Guns",604]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Buck's Shot
menu_ibr_lingorman5 = [
	[["Assault Rifle Ammo",609],["Light Machine Gun Ammo",610],["Pistol Ammo",611],["Shotguns and Single-shot Ammo",613],["Sniper Rifle Ammo",614],["Submachine Gun Ammo",612]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Santo's Wholesale
menu_Citizen3_EP1 = [
	[["Wholesale",675]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Tire Guy
menu_ibr_lingorman6 = [
	[["Vehicle Parts",677]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Raul's Parts
menu_ibr_lingorman6s = [
	[["Vehicle Parts",682]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Samish Shop
menu_TK_CIV_Woman02_EP1 = [
	[["Cooked Meats",686],["Drinks",684],["Packaged Food",687]],
	"neutral"
];
// AWOL's Planes
menu_Pilot_EP1 = [
	[["Airplanes",517]],
	[],
	"friendly"
];
// Rommelo's Raceway
menu_TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1 = [
	[["Bikes and ATV",650],["Buses and Vans",651],["Cargo Trucks",653],["Fuel Trucks",655],["Military Unarmed",658],["Trucks",659],["Used Cars",660],["Utility Vehicles",661]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];
// Mad Scientist 
menu_RU_Doctor = [
	[["Chem-lites/Flares",666],["Medical Supplies",665],["Smoke Grenades",668]],
	[["FoodBioMeat","ItemZombieParts",1,1,"buy","Zombie Parts","Bio Meat",101]],
	"neutral"
];
// Bandit Trader
menu_GUE_Soldier_2 = [
	[["Ammunition",800],["Clothing",575],["Helicopter Armed",512],["Military Armed",569],["Trucks Armed",534],["Weapons",801],["Misc",803],
	[],
	"hostile"
];
//Hero Trader
menu_Tanny_PMC = [
	[["Ammunition",800],["Clothes",476],["Helicopter Armed",493],["Military Armed",562],["Trucks Armed",479],["Weapons",801],["Misc",803]],
	[],
	"hero"
];

You are missing a bracket at the end of bandit trader

["Misc",803]],

I'd strongly suggest getting Notepad++ with SQF syntax highlight addon from armaholic for these things

Thank you very much sir. Going to try this asap,

I tried to install the addon before lol dunno why but my notepad++ went all crazy and I got an error when I used it :(, I will try again.

Well the menu shows up now but none of my traders are loading anything? It is just a blank "Trading Menu" with sell and buy buttons still.

This is database related... most likely also a typo. What I suggest to do is look at other traders and remember the pattern of rows and then check your custom added rows, see if you are missing [] or "" or have one too many

Yea you were right, I used that alternate list you linked and did all the land/air vics using that macro skill you taught me (Many thanks) had extra [ "[[2,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]]".

I think they are all typo free now though my traders are working, but if anyone would like the lists for the vehicles I could post them *Shrugs*?

Getting stuck on authentication unfortunately. Followed your guide, and I've tripled checked everything, but can't find any errors,

This is what I'm getting: HiveExt(0): [Error] Error executing |CHILD:399:800:|

I've tried searching for it, and everything points to me having double "" or [[ somewhere, but I've really not been able to find anything after scouring my files.

I obviously don't expect anyone to wade through all my files, but I would appreciate it immensely. 

Mission.sqf: http://pastebin.com/ekCv8a1U

server_traders.sqf: http://pastebin.com/tkYtHQBx

ammo: http://pastebin.com/1HGRYPRM

weapons: http://pastebin.com/TimuWwnR

vehicles: http://pastebin.com/ibrjegVH

RPT file: http://pastebin.com/JAhxb9Fj

If anyone does look at this, thank you kindly.

(BTW, I know I'm missing a 3rd coordinate from the first file.)

Hi, Fairy:

Hive means it is database related

Child 399 means it is to do with TID (trader IDs column)

:800 means TID with 800 has a typo in it

double check how other TIDs are done and carefully examine how you have it set up, a single typo will break the whole thing

Hi, Fairy:

Hive means it is database related

Child 399 means it is to do with TID (trader IDs column)

:800 means TID with 800 has a typo in it

double check how other TIDs are done and carefully examine how you have it set up, a single typo will break the whole thing

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll have a look into it.

So I found a row missing an item name entire, just said: [,3]

Not sure how it snuck in there, but removing the row fixed it  :)

Again, thank you kindly.

Edited by FairlyIncognito

I just did this and as a result my server is stuck on waiting for server to authenticate this is my rpt and I juts don't understand please

5:24:56 Error in expression < compile format ["%1",_data];

_status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>

5:24:56 Error position: <_result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>

5:24:56 Error Undefined variable in expression: _result

5:24:56 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 289

5:24:56 Error in expression <status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "ObjectStreamStart") then {

_val = _r>

5:24:56 Error position: <== "ObjectStreamStart") then {

_val = _r>

5:24:56 Error Generic error in expression

5:24:56 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 291

Thanks for this tutorial.

Really good explanation, the trader was working the first time I started the server. Even made some adjustments myself as removing snipers and sniper ammo from the vendor as I want them to be rare and want people to find them or trade with other players for them.

So yeah guys if you follow exactly and pay attention to what he does, there is no reason for your server to not work.