Explode Vehicles

SadBoy1981

A multi gun with a vehicle repair attachment is the only thing you can do at this point.. Shoot it once b4 getting in almost every time.

Probably gonna be that way for the lifetime of this mod.

They might want to increase the spawn rate of multi guns. lol

A multi gun with a vehicle repair attachment is the only thing you can do at this point.. Shoot it once b4 getting in almost every time.

Probably gonna be that way for the lifetime of this mod.

They might want to increase the spawn rate of multi guns. lol

Regular guns work just fine for me, just use a pistol and shoot it in a non critical area. 

This is something untestet on a live server(!), but it may help to temporary fix the problem.

Place this file into Your epoch.<island>.pbo and exec it from the init.sqf
vehExploFix.zip

Report back if it works (or even makes things worse).

/edit

Here is a video showing You what happens if You approach heavily damaged vehicles with the distance lowered to 10m.

Default is 100m in the script you can download, so should be safe for players to use.

Greez KiloSwiss

shoot the vehicle before you enter in

doesn't always work. I just shot a humming bird with a pistol, it did not explode, got in and BOOM, I guess it is possible that the caliber didn't do any damage to it so next time will be using Lynx or LRR.

Just weird but I don't think that vehicles which explode are damaged in a first place. Maybe they get damaged when you get in? Otherwise it would be visually possible to see if a vehicle is damaged or not.

There is a rumor that if there are to many Heli's on a server this can be the cause, so I went around bouncing from one heli to the next boom boom boom and after awhile they stopped so it could be true.

I like the idea but could see players using this to destroy other players vehicles.

No, no, that's not how it works.

The script reveals already damaged/destroyed vehicles when the player gets close to them, so they blow up before any player gets the chance to hop in and die by the explosion.

The Video only shows the priciple of how this works, but You will not blow up every vehicle You approach.

That would be crazy!

Greez KiloSwiss

Anyway a script could be written to perform the following:

When you approach the vehicle and mouse wheel there is an option to display the health attributes of the vehicle on the screen before entering it.

The same attributes you would see on the screen when you enter it.

So then you would know the state of the vehicles health.

To me that would be ideal.   A2 had this feature and they neglected to incorporate it into A3.

As long as the vehicle is not "revealed" to the client the "cursorTarget" returns nothing, just as the vehicle would not exist.

Even if you enable simulation on that vehicle (simulation is disabled for performance and bandwidth reasons), the actual state of the vehicle is broadcasted to the client with a delay, or immediately when he enters that vehicle and becomes the owner of it.

so the client does not know that this vehicle, he is standing in front of is so badly damaged, that it should have been blown up already, because simulation was previously disabled and he did not receive the damage value of that vehicle yet, but he will at least in the moment he gets in that vehicle and "boom" (see Fog Horns video).

This is why my script reveals all vehicles in a radius of 100m to the player after it enables simulation on them, that way the actual state (position, direction, damage, etc.) gets immediately transferred to the client and the vehicle (if damaged/destroyed) blows up in a safe distance to the player.

At least this is how it should work if I get my facts right and there is no Epoch code reverting the actions of this script.

Is it because the actual vehicle has 0 damage and simulation disabled and as soon as you go close the epoch code enables simulation and arma then calculated the damage of thie hitpoints to total damage?

If that is so maybe just setting damage 0 to it before enabling sim? :P

OMG