Explode Vehicles

SadBoy1981

I have this fix in place, and found a heli on a hill, slightly floating off the ground. Went up to it, and had enough time to move all the way around it until I saw it drop a foot or so. I can only imagine that was the simulation turning on. I shot at it just to make sure, then hopped in with no problems.

I've never experienced the issue with blowing up vehicles when you enter them, but others on our server have, so at this point, I have no idea if this fix has worked or not.

Is it because the actual vehicle has 0 damage and simulation disabled and as soon as you go close the epoch code enables simulation and arma then calculated the damage of thie hitpoints to total damage?

If that is so maybe just setting damage 0 to it before enabling sim? :P

You mean exactly like I suggested in this bug report 3 month ago? 

You mean exactly like I suggested in this bug report 3 month ago? 

Infis logic on this is flawed (as so was mine when I thought my fix would actually work).

Player A does not know a specific vehicle has been destroyed/damaged by someone else, comes closer to this vehicle and magically repairs it (even thou it's not damaged) locally on his machine before the damage status gets broadcasted from the server to the client.

That makes no sense at all.

Better broadcast blown up vehicles over the network by using a "killed" EH on the Server that sets "enableSimulationGlobal" to "true".

Simply removing the "enableSimulationGlobal true" line of code is not a solution, because it is there for a reason (server perfomance).

I'm still thinking about a clientside solution, but I believe the serverside approach with a "killed" EH will do the trick.

Greez KiloSwiss

Simply removing the "enableSimulationGlobal true" line of code is not a solution, because it is there for a reason (server perfomance).

I'm still thinking about a clientside solution, but I believe the serverside approach with a "killed" EH will do the trick.

Greez KiloSwiss

We disabled the Simulation of all Vehicles. Its a little bit better with the explosions but still there. Server Performance is with 0.3.0.1 not really good. It makes only a little difference between simulation on/off.

I was kinda hoping the latest patch would somewhat fix these random exploding vehicles, but just suffered the loss of 2 trucks (HEMMT and KAMAZ) which have been parked next to each other for 3 days with no problems.

Earlier today, I was in the building they were parked next to (the large hotel in the northeast) and another group member drove nearby (about 30m from both trucks), and both the HEMMT and KAMAZ just exploded, tanking 2 x full inventories with them. Both vehicles were in full repair, and had recently had their inventories accessed.

Not sure what actually happened, but the asphalt they were sat on had disappeared. Can't tell if this got blown up, or vanished causing the vehicles to drop and explode, but the asphalt was part of the hotel building. Now I can understand there being problems with parking on buildables, but on map objects? What's next...will we find out parking on roads is no good either?

I really really hope this doesn't end up being one of those "oh it's just Arma3" bugs that never gets resolved. Vehicles are pretty much the go-to storage item now we don't have sheds, so it would be nice if they could actually be reliable storage rather than something that may or may not blow up on any given day.

For now, after update, players dont have any problem.

I make some tests now with vehicles too close near each other, vehicles on the epoch crafted floors etc... No explosions for now!

Pure luck then :p one of my regulars got blown up yesterday

From my point of view it would make sense that the Arma 3 Physx are making this happen. And they just announced that they are "switching to the open-source version of PhysX." and that  "The latter should let us discover the source of potential instabilities quicker in the future." so maybe a fix is coming?!?! Then again what do I know?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is caused by the change to the new PhysX, but if anything, I think the problem has gotten worse.

Since the update, 3 players (including myself) have lost helis whilst logging out of the game. Most of the time, other people were in the area to see it happen.

Anyone else suffering this more now than before?