Vehicle Armor/Durability

Roleman

Hello peoples,

first i wanted to thank the makers of the mod and the whole community for this amazing mod.

I´ve been playing for a while now and there is an issue with the vehicles that seems little strange to me. There are huge differences in armor/durability values between different (unarmored) vehicles. The SUV for example can be destroyed with like 20 rounds of a PDW SD to the engine while a BMW takes more then 6 magazines from a DMR (to the engine) and will still drive. Is this a know issue or maybe even intentionally implemented?

For explanation: On the server my team plays armed vehicles are not very common (as for example the armored SUV costs 600 gold and selling prices of most items are very low in general, M4A1 CCO sells at 1 gold) so most people use the common (unarmed/unarmored) cars.

Best,

Role

There's a VIP BMW that is armoured (has no weapons), are you sure you werent testing durability using that? I hadnt noticed anything out of the ordinary on duriability of unarmoured any vehicles to be honest otehr than what I believe was a minor server bug with one of the fire service vans on our server that appeared to be indestructable!

Actually we have experienced this behaviour on various cars (taking lots and lots of hits before exploding). We will probably evaluate this issue on a testserver to have some better data.

I still don´t feel that an SUV should go down with like 3 shots of a DMR to the engine.

The armoured BMW just looks like a standard black BMW but it can take a lot more punishment.

I've not noticed any other civvie vehicles abnormally OP and all I've seen seem to be immobile after just a fee rounds to the engine.

The standard suvs are fine in my opinion and I dare say 3 or 4 rounds of 7.62 would quickly stop an suv in real life too. The armoured sub takes a lot more than that though , it has saved me a couple of times. In fact I watched it soak up an estimated 30 hits from 2 DMRs last night.

maybe show us some video evidence of your tests?

When we have actually performed some sufficient tests I will probably be able to show some videos. Right now we just "test" the car damage when we stumble upon a random spawn or parked car. Yesterday we found a VW and reallized that in game it has its engine in the back. We were unable to destroy it by shooting a lot of DMR rounds to the front but had to hit it in the rear part with around 10-12 DMR shots to actually blow it up.

I personally don´t think that a VW should be able to take that much more damage (at least 10 DMR rounds compared to 3-4 for a SUV). In addition to that you can easily destroy a SUV from any side (front and rear).

Whats the class name for the armored bmw pls

VIL_bmw7_civilvip

When we have actually performed some sufficient tests I will probably be able to show some videos. Right now we just "test" the car damage when we stumble upon a random spawn or parked car. Yesterday we found a VW and reallized that in game it has its engine in the back. We were unable to destroy it by shooting a lot of DMR rounds to the front but had to hit it in the rear part with around 10-12 DMR shots to actually blow it up.

I personally don´t think that a VW should be able to take that much more damage (at least 10 DMR rounds compared to 3-4 for a SUV). In addition to that you can easily destroy a SUV from any side (front and rear).

Thanks classic ARMA/Day Z though, the cars are made of paper.

And that is ok from my point of view. They should be made out of equaly (less) durable paper though and not have this huge differences in (paper) quality.

To be fair I think it needs to be tested properly, if you are just rolling around and shooting vehciles you find it's not really a fair test as they are all likely to be in different conditions. Again, ive not noticed any standard vehicles being any more or less durable than others, but i wouldnt be surprised if there were vast differences. I do think there should be some differences between some of the vehicles, such as the rugged offroad types being a bit more durable than your standard Ladas.

Well we are playing on a server where you actually can see the damage precentage of each vehicle part via the repair menu. So even our "rolling around and shooting vehicles"-tests are pretty valid as we check those percentages every time, i guess.