Is it possible to teleport everyone? Either all together or in quick succession?

DY357LX

Question

We've been talking about events on our server to keep the players happy and a lot of people seem to be up for a Battle Royale type thing. Maybe even a maze where first one out gets a prize.

I got thinking about amending the so I could simply roll my mouse-wheel and select an option to teleport everyone to the starting area/next to me.

I'm looking at the various protective dome scripts players have written for the teleport code.

So, couple of quick questions:
1: Is what I want to achieve possible? (There's no restrictions in place to prevent mass teleport?)

2: Would teleporting 10-20 players at once or in quick succession cause problems (lag/de-sync)?

I think this would be handy for future events. Like moving everyone to the starting line for races etc.

Any further ideas/suggestions are more than welcome.

4 answers to this question

have you never seen a hacker teleporting everyone in one place?? :(

so yes it is possible, but you might have to disable your anti TP in the Epoch antihacks.sqf for that to work if you use the antihacks or any other).

Yeah the anti-teleport is off as the Admins TP around to help players out with lost gear etc.

if you don't have any special BattlEye filters you can just set the absolute position of every player to teleport them.

e.g. to teleport only yourself to stary:

player setPos (position zonestary)

yeah its that easy.. lol

to teleport every player just do a loop to select all players, e.g.

_pos = (position player); // teleport all to you
// or _pos = [x,y]; for a custom position
{
	if (isPlayer _x && _x != player) then {
		_x setPos _pos;
	};
} forEach entities "CAManBase";

this should work, maybe add some variety to the position for every player, I have no idea what happens when you teleport everyone to the same spot :D