Installing MySQL and creating the DB for private ArmA 2 DayZ Epoch Server

WeepiestLem0n

Question

So I've been wanting to create a private ArmA 2 DayZ Epoch server for a bunch of my mates to play on, however I dont have a dedicated machine and want to run it on my PC. So I looked at the server download files on the GitHub page and followed the ReadMe, however I absolutely cannot figure out how to get the MySQL server and DB set up. I have downloaded MySQL Server on my PC and created the admin role, root passwords and ran it as a windows service. I now have no clue how to create the database and am wondering if anyone can help me set this up or let me know if I've done anything wrong. 

I can add on Steam or Discord if need be for convenience.

6 answers to this question

So I followed the video guide through, and did everything to the letter but I now have this error showing up on the server console screen:

Database(0): [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at localhost: Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password' cannot be loaded: The specified module could not be found.
, retrying in 1 seconds
Any idea as to why it may not be connecting?

On 1/29/2019 at 9:56 AM, WeepiestLem0n said:

So I've been wanting to create a private ArmA 2 DayZ Epoch server for a bunch of my mates to play on, however I dont have a dedicated machine and want to run it on my PC. So I looked at the server download files on the GitHub page and followed the ReadMe, however I absolutely cannot figure out how to get the MySQL server and DB set up. I have downloaded MySQL Server on my PC and created the admin role, root passwords and ran it as a windows service. I now have no clue how to create the database and am wondering if anyone can help me set this up or let me know if I've done anything wrong. 

I can add on Steam or Discord if need be for convenience.

i made i video on setting up a server