slow zombies

Birgitte

Question

4 answers to this question

Excellent, but I am a little confused. For zupa's version do I make changes to the file in the Dayz_code pbo and then copy the compiles.sqf to my mission folder (custom\walkers\compiles.sqf ) and point to that file in the init.sqf code? Or do I just copy the compiles.sqf file into the missions folder and only change that code, keeping the original in the dayz_code pbo, and of course changing the path in the init file like this.

from this:

progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";   

to this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\walkers\compiles.sqf";   

I think I have the jist of it, but not sure if I'm supposed to change it in the dayz_code pbo.

6 minutes ago, Birgitte said:

Excellent, but I am a little confused. For zupa's version do I make changes to the file in the Dayz_code pbo and then copy the compiles.sqf to my mission folder (custom\walkers\compiles.sqf ) and point to that file in the init.sqf code? Or do I just copy the compiles.sqf file into the missions folder and only change that code, keeping the original in the dayz_code pbo, and of course changing the path in the init file like this.

from this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";   

to this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\walkers\compiles.sqf";   

I think I have the jist of it, but not sure if I'm supposed to change it in the dayz_code pbo.

when making changes to epoch files, you need to copy them over to the mission folder, and make sure the appropriate file is being called. In the case, yes you are correct, the compiles.sqf is called in the from the init.sqf.

If you end up altering the dayz_code.pbo, every client would need to download the change you made... thats why you put the changes in the mission folder.