4 types of Side Missions (Events)

Aidem

I have had these for awhile now and they have been running fine. But for some unknown reason all of a sudden the markers and loot dont clean up and it just keeps spawning more. By the time a 3 hour restart happens the map is full of markers. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Can anyone advise if this is working for 1.0.5.1 ?  I just recently switched my server over to that version and the side missions are not working .

They were functional in 1.0.4.2 but with this new install and version I can't get them to run.. 

Anyone have any feedback?

Thank you in advance . 

• 3 weeks later...

Need a little help... I got the missions working... But there doesn't appear a text in the middle of the screen when a mission starts... And I want to see how thus could be fixed in the first post, but the link is down... Any new link or fix?

Need a little help... I got the missions working... But there doesn't appear a text in the middle of the screen when a mission starts... And I want to see how thus could be fixed in the first post, but the link is down... Any new link or fix?

Did you perform these steps from the OP (as a clarification, the OP mentions mission sql's, but he means mission sqf's)?

Disable Hint message System

Search inside my missions sql`s for:

// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script
_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users
//[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
Change it too

//_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
//customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
//publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users 
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
This will give you the message in the center of the screen

I had toenable the global chat channel 0 to get the messages to pop up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how i can get the mission messages to appear in the chatbox as opposed to the center of the screen? - I've been messing with it for ages but i cant seem to get it to work!

I use the following with remote messages / I use this for all my missions/supply drops everything, really it works great!

_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#BADA55' shadow='2' size='1.75'>C130 Crash</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>A C130 Carrying Supplies has Crashed! Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

Might want to change that color #BADA55 is kinda ugly looking IMO Ive just been messing with diff hex colors trying to find the most aesthetically pleasing :ph34r:

Hi There, 

I am currently setting up a private DayZ Epoch Server running Epoch 1.0.5.1 and Overwatch 0.2.5 on the Chernarus map

I have loaded this script as per the original tutorial, but I have a file not found error.

17:25:03 "RUNNING EVENT: Treasure on [2014,8,18,9,25]"

17:25:03 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\modules\Treasure.sqf not found

This even repeats itself for Construction, Military, Supplyitems and Treasure.

However, crash_spawner, drop_bombs and supply_drop still work.

So I ask you, 

Am I doing something wrong?
Has there been an update not mentioned here? 
Anyone else here have this issue and manage to fix it? 

I have also tried unpacking / repacking the dayz_server.pbo using both PBOManager and cpbo with no luck.

I have now spent ~36hours on this and am turning to the forums.

Alternatively, a different supply mission based on the same concept at this one?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi There, 

I am currently setting up a private DayZ Epoch Server running Epoch 1.0.5.1 and Overwatch 0.2.5 on the Chernarus map

I have loaded this script as per the original tutorial, but I have a file not found error.

17:25:03 "RUNNING EVENT: Treasure on [2014,8,18,9,25]"

17:25:03 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\modules\Treasure.sqf not found

This even repeats itself for Construction, Military, Supplyitems and Treasure.

However, crash_spawner, drop_bombs and supply_drop still work.

So I ask you, 

Am I doing something wrong?

Has there been an update not mentioned here? 
Anyone else here have this issue and manage to fix it? 

I have also tried unpacking / repacking the dayz_server.pbo using both PBOManager and cpbo with no luck.

I have now spent ~36hours on this and am turning to the forums.

Alternatively, a different supply mission based on the same concept at this one?

Thanks in advance. 

What does your EpochEvents = look like? I had to play around with this to get mine working

Just to expand upon what Thebookie said, in your inti.sqf you will need to add the events there so that they get called:

Here is mine:

Inti.sqf

EpochEvents =     [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],
["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"],
["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"],
["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"],
["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"]];

Then make sure you have the corresponding MISSIONNAME.sqf in your MODULES folder in the Epoch_Server files.

I hope this helps

Just to expand upon what Thebookie said, in your inti.sqf you will need to add the events there so that they get called:

Here is mine:

Inti.sqf

EpochEvents =     [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],
["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"],
["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"],
["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"],
["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"]];

Then make sure you have the corresponding MISSIONNAME.sqf in your MODULES folder in the Epoch_Server files.

I hope this helps

Mine looks like this:

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"], ["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"], ["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"], ["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"],["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];

Its the same thing the one is just easier to edit, the important thing is to watch the syntax (those commas and brackets etc).

Yours looks identical to mine except our order of events is different (I put mine according to the numerical value), I could not see any syntax error there.

Each event you have listed there must have a .sqf file of the same name in the modules folder in your server_files (@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\modules). What is happening is when your game initialises it looks for treasure.sqf in the modules folder in your server files and is not finding it there, hence your error. If you have put the file in there make sure it uses the same name as the event you are calling in the init.sqf, also make sure you re-PBO the server files before launching. 

Give that a crack and let us know how you go

Hi aVa Savagerx,

Unfortunately, everything is configured as it needs to be. I even went as far as assuming that the case sensitvity was could potentially be an issue.

I  re-installed the server running 1.0.4.2a - follow the instructions - worked as advertised. This installed included all the scripts/mods as per the server where this issue began.

This is why I am thinking that it could be due to the version 1.0.5.1 update.

I have now built another server - only loading this script to see if it works - possibly a conflicting script / mod?

Will feedback shortly

Thanks

these missions (as they stand) are not entirely suitable for these missions, consider using something like:

which allows for the spawning of static AI etc. If you are after the same type of marker effects its relatively simple to change the ones in the AI missions.

Can the wicked AI spawn side missions as per this script? So missions without AI

these missions (as they stand) are not entirely suitable for these missions, consider using something like:

which allows for the spawning of static AI etc. If you are after the same type of marker effects its relatively simple to change the ones in the AI missions.

I have no clue as I have not personally implemented this on my server (I am however looking into implementing it). I have read a lot on the forums about it working well together, if you want AI and missions with loot boxes or vehicles etc then DZMS and/or EMS work pretty similarly and quite well (I use these currently) however they lack AI helis, static MGs and roaming vehicles (although I believe that they can be added)

as for 1.0.5.1 that is what I am running it on and it works perfectly. I am stumped man :( sorry I cannot be more help