4 types of Side Missions (Events)

Aidem

Ive used these side missions for about a month now, never had any issues, but recently ive moved server host and now im getting 2 of the same missions spawn at once, for example 2 ikea missions spawn at once, then 2 military ones, and so on, any ideas? Thanks :D

EDIT: Also when the cleanup to delete the boxes takes place, the markers are still showing, the boxes delete but the markers dont

Ive used these side missions for about a month now, never had any issues, but recently ive moved server host and now im getting 2 of the same missions spawn at once, for example 2 ikea missions spawn at once, then 2 military ones, and so on, any ideas? Thanks :D

EDIT: Also when the cleanup to delete the boxes takes place, the markers are still showing, the boxes delete but the markers dont

1) Have you changed the files in any way since moving hosts?

2) Have you looked at your init to make sure there aren't double entries in the event array?

3) Have you checked the scripts to make sure they are complete?

4) Epoch Version?

More info... as it almost sounds like a weird double entry thing on the host end but who knows. Post one of the scripts if they don't look right.

hi all

i have a little problem, the events don't show up on the map but my RPT file says its running tho, I have the following questions 

1. when i put debug to false does that mean that the marker will not show at all? 

2. if there is already two  missions running will that stop the event from spawning?

because last night i restarted the server just before a event should happen then when i joined the event showed up on the map. so i went offline for 10 min and the event was gone but the two missions where on the map so i waited 3 hours for a other one to spawn but it didn't.

So the only thing i can think off is that there is a limit of how many missions/events can be run at one time but where can i adjust that?

thank you

hi all

i have a little problem, the events don't show up on the map but my RPT file says its running tho, I have the following questions 

1. when i put debug to false does that mean that the marker will not show at all? 

2. if there is already two  missions running will that stop the event from spawning?

because last night i restarted the server just before a event should happen then when i joined the event showed up on the map. so i went offline for 10 min and the event was gone but the two missions where on the map so i waited 3 hours for a other one to spawn but it didn't.

So the only thing i can think off is that there is a limit of how many missions/events can be run at one time but where can i adjust that?

thank you

1. No, setting debug to false will not remove the marker, debug sets a dot inside the marker to help locate the objective during testing.

2. It depends on the way the mission is scripted. If you are using the basic missions then it's setup to run one at a time. To increase the amount you can run you would need to re-script the EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING portion to add in a variable to allow multiple missions to run at once.

You would have to post the scripts you are using so we could see what the problem might be.

1. No, setting debug to false will not remove the marker, debug sets a dot inside the marker to help locate the objective during testing.

2. It depends on the way the mission is scripted. If you are using the basic missions then it's setup to run one at a time. To increase the amount you can run you would need to re-script the EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING portion to add in a variable to allow multiple missions to run at once.

You would have to post the scripts you are using so we could see what the problem might be.

i'm using EMS 0.3 so i have to go into that file and find how many missions can be runned at once?

i am on the job now  -_-  so to bad i cant send it, can only copy and paste the whole leap of text 

and which file do you mean exactly the Events ones that i downloaded it from here or the mission.sqf of EMS

anyway appreciate the help thanks

i'm using EMS 0.3 so i have to go into that file and find how many missions can be runned at once?

i am on the job now  -_-  so to bad i cant send it, can only copy and paste the whole leap of text 

and which file do you mean exactly the Events ones that i downloaded it from here or the mission.sqf of EMS

anyway appreciate the help thanks

Ahh, then I would suggest posting over in the EMS thread, since this section is for the Epoch Event system. I don't use EMS, it seems messy to me and I don't know enough about how it's configured to help you out without looking into it and I don't have the time nor the interest in EMS for that.

its all good it was working all the time hehe it was just the chance that it wont spawn but its working. only problem is that the marker will disappear when logging out and come back in so new players wont see it, but will try that marker refresher script to day

thanks 

Sorry I couldn't help you man. All the time I have to script is being put towards my mission system, yeah I know.. another mission system lol....  

I was forced into it since I don't like the other systems out there, no offence to the guys working on them, so I started making my own missions for the event system and one thing led to another.

I have written some scripts that accompany the event system to make it super powerful, flexible and unlimited. It's written to be independent of the various AI systems that are out there so you have complete control over the AI without having to use a specific AI system. My goal is to create an expandable, flexible setup that is "integrated" with Epoch so scripters can concentrate their efforts on writing quality missions rather than creating/updating a bunch of different Mission systems to work with various AI systems and missions scripts.

So far I have the following working in a test mission:

3 "types" of selectable AI units, with custom random loadouts and skill levels and Vehicles and Helos patrolling.

it's all working well and the AI are nasty as all get out.

I am really close to having it ready for release, hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Been using these for a few days, they work fantastic, thank you. Now if I can just work out how to spawn in random land mines within that zone > :)

That's a good idea and shouldn't be hard to implement. I have been on a scripting marathon working on the create scripts for "FMission" so it's time for sleep but I will look into it later on when I get up. The only thing that might make that funky is the patrolling AI could set them off... maybe have the mines and loot box spawn after all the AI are dead so you have to navigate the field to get to the box. 

Anywho.. sleep time.

Sorry I couldn't help you man. All the time I have to script is being put towards my mission system, yeah I know.. another mission system lol....  

I was forced into it since I don't like the other systems out there, no offence to the guys working on them, so I started making my own missions for the event system and one thing led to another.

I have written some scripts that accompany the event system to make it super powerful, flexible and unlimited. It's written to be independent of the various AI systems that are out there so you have complete control over the AI without having to use a specific AI system. My goal is to create an expandable, flexible setup that is "integrated" with Epoch so scripters can concentrate their efforts on writing quality missions rather than creating/updating a bunch of different Mission systems to work with various AI systems and missions scripts.

So far I have the following working in a test mission:

3 "types" of selectable AI units, with custom random loadouts and skill levels and Vehicles and Helos patrolling.

it's all working well and the AI are nasty as all get out.

I am really close to having it ready for release, hopefully by the end of the weekend.

hi

yea  thats what i llike about this events, you kept alot open and easy to make mine own crates.

thank you for making this avaiable great work

Hi Guys, i was wondering if someone could help me.

I have installed all of this and although it is running with all missions taking place and the remote messages appearing, when i connect i get the message remote_messages.sqf not found.

It all seems to be working but the error is really annoying.

I have tried 

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
_nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_messages.sqf";
};

and 

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
};

and 

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
_nil = [] execVM "remote_messages.sqf";
};

As i say it seems to be working (using the last one) but i get the message saying it cant find it.

Any one got any ideas?

hi

yea  thats what i llike about this events, you kept alot open and easy to make mine own crates.

thank you for making this avaiable great work

Chewy,

Thanks for the praise but I didn't create these 4 scripts. I just use the event system, and am modding it to be more robust, so I provide help when I can. My stuff isn't released yet, I am still finishing it up over this weekend.

Hi Guys, i was wondering if someone could help me.

I have installed all of this and although it is running with all missions taking place and the remote messages appearing, when i connect i get the message remote_messages.sqf not found.

It all seems to be working but the error is really annoying.

I have tried 

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
};

and 

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
};

and 

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
_nil = [] execVM "remote_messages.sqf";
};

As i say it seems to be working (using the last one) but i get the message saying it cant find it.

Any one got any ideas?

I have put it on the server and as i say, it is working.

When you say put it in a custom folder, where do you mean exactly. I have tried 

\@dayz_epoch_server\addons\modules

\@dayz_epoch_server\addons\custom\modules

Still dont work. I am just confused as to why it is working yet i am getting an error saying it cant find it.

That's a good idea and shouldn't be hard to implement. I have been on a scripting marathon working on the create scripts for "FMission" so it's time for sleep but I will look into it later on when I get up. The only thing that might make that funky is the patrolling AI could set them off... maybe have the mines and loot box spawn after all the AI are dead so you have to navigate the field to get to the box. 

Anywho.. sleep time.

Hmm, true, hadn't thought about the AI. Unfortunately I have no experience with modding Arma other than installing the Mods so I lack the experience of even thinking up a workaround.

As the events themselves don't spawn AI to defend the loot, the odds of them triggering a mine are quite slim though I'd have thought. So long as they don't trigger by zombies and animals (I think I have seen _isAnimal and _isZombie when installing DZ mods) it should be okay to use.It could even be amusing to watch an AI hit a mine.

Either way, if you do manage to make a simple implementation I'd be happy to give it a test.

After blowing myself up many... many times... I have a working minefield script. It creates an adjustable minefield around any location you feed it so it can move with the missions. Zombies do not trigger the mines, nor do animals. I have yet to test the AI, that's next. I am still working on the cleanup portion, which is turning into a pain due to the "quirkyness" of arma's script language. 

As far as the missions not having AI, I didn't write those missions, I am fixing all that with my own missions in FMission. The missions I am creating all have AI in some form or another. I have several mechanics going on in my missions, timers, specific targets, vehicle and air patrols.. etc etc... I almost have the base scripts done that will make up the system. Another day or two and I should be putting them on my Github. This minefield script will add another cool dynamic to the missions. 

Anywho I am out for the evening. I'll work more later.

I have put it on the server and as i say, it is working.

When you say put it in a custom folder, where do you mean exactly. I have tried 

\@dayz_epoch_server\addons\modules

\@dayz_epoch_server\addons\custom\modules

Still dont work. I am just confused as to why it is working yet i am getting an error saying it cant find it.

It's pointing to "custom\remote_messages.sqf" in your script so put it there, or change the mission script to the location you put the remote_messages script in.

After blowing myself up many... many times... I have a working minefield script. It creates an adjustable minefield around any location you feed it so it can move with the missions. Zombies do not trigger the mines, nor do animals. I have yet to test the AI, that's next. I am still working on the cleanup portion, which is turning into a pain due to the "quirkyness" of arma's script language. 

As far as the missions not having AI, I didn't write those missions, I am fixing all that with my own missions in FMission. The missions I am creating all have AI in some form or another. I have several mechanics going on in my missions, timers, specific targets, vehicle and air patrols.. etc etc... I almost have the base scripts done that will make up the system. Another day or two and I should be putting them on my Github. This minefield script will add another cool dynamic to the missions. 

Anywho I am out for the evening. I'll work more later.

Nice! That's awesome. Might be a stupid question, but whatever is used to cleanup the Crate at the end of the mission, could that not just be applied to the mines as well? Regardless, that's awesome progress.

Ok the minefield script is on my Github. I decided to nix the cleanup and add in a spawnchance factor to it, which is currently set to 30% and can be changed in the file. There are warning signs at the corners of the minefield area so if you are paying attention you can avoid the fields. The cleanup from a Role Playing standpoint made no real sense, since who cleans them up when a camp moves or gets wiped out? That stuff gets left behind and it's very cool to come across random minefields when you are out hunting. They will disappear on server restart.

It is setup so you take minor damage and possible bleeding if you are on the edge of the trigger, think of being grazed. If you run right over it you take major damage, break your legs and could go unconscious for a short time.

Disable Hint message System
Search inside my missions sql`s for:
// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script
_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users
//[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
Change it too
//_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
//customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
//publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

where are these missions sql files

Disable Hint message System
Search inside my missions sql`s for:
_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

//[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
Change it too
//_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
//customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
//publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

where are these missions sql files

There are 4 mission scripts on the first page of this thread.

I am having trouble getting this to work. I have Self BB, Suicide, DZAI, and DZMS all currently working together, i threw this in the mix and im back to being stuck at "waiting for server authentication" screen. 

there is this piece in my RPT log

9:52:07 Server error: Player without identity Palyer 1 (id xxxxxxxxx)
 9:54:07 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing
 9:54:07 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing
 9:54:08 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing
 9:54:17 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
 9:54:18 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
 9:54:18 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
 9:54:18 Error in expression <nMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
_nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_mes>
 9:54:18   Error position: <....
 9:54:18   Error Invalid number in expression
 9:54:18 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\init.sqf, line 89
 9:54:18 Error in expression <nMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
 9:54:18   Error position: <....
 9:54:18   Error Invalid number in expression