[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

Guys, I'm totally confused by 27 pages of stuff, and lots of references to "you (don't) need Sarge AI for this".

Now, if I look at page 1, post 1, and follow to the letter (without Sarge AI) the missions don't kick off at all (this is with Epoch 1.0.4).

Q: DO I, or DON'T I, need Sarge AI for this mod to work?

Guys, I'm totally confused by 27 pages of stuff, and lots of references to "you (don't) need Sarge AI for this".

Now, if I look at page 1, post 1, and follow to the letter (without Sarge AI) the missions don't kick off at all (this is with Epoch 1.0.4).

If you don't install SARGE, you can make the missions work by editing multiple files from the missions. (need to change "SARGE" variables to "MISSION" variables)

If you do install SARGE, you don't need to edit multiple files and you can just follow the install instructions on page 1.

No, Sarge AI is not required. You just install EMS and it works without any other AI system.

If you don't install SARGE, you can make the missions work by editing multiple files from the missions. (need to change "SARGE" variables to "MISSION" variables)

If you do install SARGE, you don't need to edit multiple files and you can just follow the install instructions on page 1.

That's not true. I don't use Sarge's AI and I haven't modified anything to get EMS to work.

Oh, i thought that the variables need to be changed from SARGE to MISSION if you don't use SARGE. If that's not the case, then forget my previous post nedfox. :ph34r:

No the Mission statement  was used in the older version 0.21 wich is deprecated , all the missions now use the name "Sarge"  but u dont need Sarge AI

• DAYZAI is an AI only package. It places AI units on your server but not missions. 
  • CMS/EMS are mission scripts that create specific missions and use AI either directly from Arma, Sarge or DAYZAI. 
  • WAI is a combined AI and mission system. So if you install WAI you don't need two systems. 

WAI will allow you to sell mision vehicles as it publishes them to the database. This also means if players do a mission, but leave the vehicles those vehicles persist after a server restart and will add to your object table, reduce dynamic spawning etc. 

I think the general idea now is Fuchs, William and myself will putting our efforts into one system for Epoch rather than 3 different packages. It should hopefully mean more missions and additions.  

Crap, using 1.0.3.1 and i am getting

23:33:46 Error in expression <0";
};

if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {}; 

if (!_parachuteWest>
23:33:46   Error position: <== 1) exitWith {}; 

if (!_parachuteWest>
23:33:46   Error Generic error in expression
23:33:46 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 29

Same as any other Mission system i tried.

I even used all of your files instead of mine...i still see this stupid error.

I got vanilla files...only modifications are in Mission.pbo....and no Sarge variable is set there....so this comes from the server files (i know it 'really' comes from a file there).

This bug has been chasing me since i tried to add missions.

Around line 30 look for this:

server_deaths = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDeaths.sqf";

Add this after it:

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

Change to :

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

Copy the Missions folder from the EMS download ,paste and place the contents in the existing since Patch 1.0.3.1 missions folder dayz_server

Change to :

Copy the EMS folder from the EMS download ,paste and place the contents in the existing since Patch 1.0.3.1 EMS folder dayz_server

Then everything works.

plz change OP to reflect this.

Sorry, dont be pissed!

But you know what you are doing? Announcing teamwork with DZAI Author, now you will use WAI as base for ission system? (i know that wai uses dzai).

Do you rly have the coding skills to handle such a project? As i can see, most problems are solved by users, not you, also you ignore questions about the system.

If you think is a big deal to implementate into WAI, you are horribly wrong.

I have created my own missions and and all are running fine (without arma2 coding skills).

Sorry Fuchs, but seems you have no idea what u want.

Sorry, dont be pissed!

But you know what you are doing? Announcing teamwork with DZAI Author, now you will use WAI as base for ission system? (i know that wai uses dzai).

Do you rly have the coding skills to handle such a project? As i can see, most problems are solved by users, not you, also you ignore questions about the system.

I have created my own missions and and all are running fine (without arma2 coding skills).

FIne for you and i already know it' not a big deal !

1st. Do you know what it means working all day 12hrs beeing a father,admin,host and so on???

Example:Coming home playing about 30 minutes do you mean i can do debugging and all this on my own ?

I only have a piece of time per day to learn scripting and doing some other stuff related to my work !

In what for a world a you living?

Wonderland?

btw dont be pissed²

Schultz this is due to a new feature in Epoch and is not a problem with EMS. It is one of the reason why a move to WAI was considered. 

Do you rly have the coding skills to handle such a project? 

WAI doesn't use DAYZAI. While criticising others work it is best if you actually understand the components used. 

As i can see, most problems are solved by users, not you, also you ignore questions about the system.

Most problems? Most of the problems on this 28 page post are caused by people failing to read instructions, then failing to do any searching in the forums or google instead they post here and it clutters up the forum even when the solution to their problem is just one page back. Should the readme's be a little more comprehensive? Perhaps but no matter how easy something is made someone will still not understand. As for ignoring questions many of the people who create the scripts we love to use stop releasing work because they are constantly inundated with questions. 

How many mission templates does the EMS system have? 26? So that is 26 missions that need to be converted, tested and changed for some of the features EMS does not have but would like to use. While having a job, a life, a family. 

Good for you. Have you shared those missions?

Fuchs is influenced by the community who uses those missions. In the long run working with WAI makes sense. It is feature rich, does nearly everything people have been asking for recently in EMS. The alternative is to try to incorporate those features into EMS which entails a re-write of everything so why bother? More to the point WAI takes just one alteration to your files to make work which even novices should be able to do without issue.