[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

EMS 0.2.6

Version 0.26

Credits: Vampire, Lazyink, TheSzerdi, Falcyn, TAWTonic, EPOCH DEV's
Merged DayZ Mission System's from Vampire, TheSzerdi, Lazyink with permission.

• THX for the permissions from Vampire, TheSzerdi, Lazyink
  • THX to MimiC,Torndeco,waTTe,Mochnant,deadeye2,iFear,umfufu,skynetdev for their help/fixes !!
  • Option to save vehicles to the database!
  • If Vehicle Saving is off, Users get warned when entering vehicles!
  • Randomized Crate Loot! No more static crate loot!
  • Adjustable Body Despawn Time!
  • Optional: AI Ran Over have no gear!

Epoch Mission System [EMS] is a modified version of Vampire, Lazyink, TheSzerdi's DayZ Mission Systems. 

[Let their bodies hit the floor]

Requirements:

• Notepad++
  • PBO Manager
  • Epoch 1.0.4+ Server

Difficulty

Easy : ~ 5 minutes

• Some knowledge of Epoch Server & Mission file locations
  • How to use PBO manager to unpack and pack PBO files
  • Easy : 10-15 minutes *[ATTENTION] Mission Vehicles disappear after a restart , EMS will not support saving them in any way !! *Develepod & Supported by Firefly and Fuchs

## [EMS] Epoch Mission System 
### Version 0.2.6 

_Credits: Lazyink, TheSzerdi, Falcyn , TAWTonic, EPOCH DEV's<br>
Merged DayZ Mission System's from TheSzerdi and Lazyink with permission._

* THX for the permissions from TheSzerdi and Lazyink 
* THX to MimiC,Torndeco,waTTe,Mochnant,deadeye2,iFear,umfufu,skynetdev for their help/fixes !!
* [ATTENTION] Mission Vehicles disappear after a restart , EMS will not support saving them in any way !!
* Current Development done by Firefly and Fuchs

Epoch Mission System ( EMS ) is a modified version of Lazyink & TheSzerdi's DayZ Mission System. The two projects were merged by Fuchs and released with some SargeAI configs to enhance the gameplay of Epoch Chernarus servers. The project was then renamed to "Epoch Mission System" after MimiC joined Fuchs and further development was done on it. It has now been released as a new project, with a total of 26 unique missions that are specific to Epoch servers.
The Sarge AI conig has been removed.

(Let their bodies hit the floor)

_This mission system will not work properly on non-Epoch servers or servers that do not have DZAI already installed._

**Requirements:**

* Notepad++
* PBO Manager
* Epoch 1.0.4+ Server

**Difficulty**

Easy : 10-15 minutes

* Some knowledge of Epoch Server & Mission file locations
* How to use PBO manager to unpack and pack PBO files
* Easy : 10-15 minutes
*[ATTENTION] Mission Vehicles disappear after a restart , EMS will not support saving them in any way !!

===========================================================================

## Installation Instructions
### dayz_server PBO Instructions

Download and unpack the most recent release of EMS from <a href="https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-0.2.6">our GitHub Release Section</a>. Currently this is version 0.2.6

Make a copy of your <b>dayz_server.pbo</b> and rename it <b>dayz_server.pbo.bak</b>

Unpack your <b>dayz_server.pbo</b> to a folder called <b>dayz_server</b>

Copy the <b>Missions</b> folder from the EMS download ,copy and paste the EMS Folder into the unpacked dayz_server.pbo folder <b>dayz_server</b>

<b>Edit your server_functions.sqf</b><br>Located: dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf<br>

<b>Around line 30 look for this:</b>

server_deaths = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDeaths.sqf";

<b>Add this after it:</b>

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

<b>Around line 540 look for this:</b>

dayz_recordLogin = {
      private["_key"];
      _key = format["CHILD:103:%1:%2:%3:",_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2];
      _key call server_hiveWrite;
    };

<b>Insert this after it:</b>

//----------InitMissions--------//
    MissionGo = 0;
    MissionGoMinor = 0;
    if (isServer) then { 
      SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];
      [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
      SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];
      [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
    };
    //---------EndInitMissions------//

<b>Edit server_updateObject.sqf</b><br>Located: dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf

<b>Insert the code below before : if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {:</b>

if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {

<b>Around line 22 look for this:</b>

{ 
      diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
      //force fail
      _objectID = "0";
      _uid = "0";
    };

<b>comment this out and add the line below :</b>

//if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
 if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
{
_object_position = getPosATL _object;
    _isNotOk = true;
};
};

<b>Edit server_functions.sqf</b><br>Located: dayz_server\init\server_functions.fsm

<b>Around line 298 look for this:</b>

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

<b>Replace with this:</b>

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

<b>Repack your dayz_server.pbo and replace your original one.</b>

=========================

### Mission PBO Instructions

Unpack your mission PBO file using PBO Manager into a folder

Copy the <b>debug</b> folder from the EMS download to the root of your mission folder

Edit your init.sqf file

Go to your init.sqf file paste the following block of code below the Lights:

//Lights //[21,04,false,true,false,50,200,300,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
// Mission System Markers [thx to inkko]
If (!isnil ("Ccoords")) then {
    [] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";
    };
If (!isnil ("MCoords")) then {
    [] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";
    };

Understanding BIS_fnc_findSafePos

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:scripting:bis_fnc_findsafepos

This will make the mission markers show up on the map for players that have died and respawn, or connect to the server after a mission has already spawned.

Repack your mission PBO using PBO Manager and replace your existing mission.pbo file

Testing DZAI Integration scheduled for February

Edited by Fuchs

Hey Super Sache, was genau wurde geändert? Also welche Lines? Der Fix mit der invisibility ist klar.

Warum ist der Vehicle Fix nicht an?

SAR_DETECT_INTERVAL = 60; bissl viel oder , die ai ist schon so nicht die schnellste--

helis sind doch schon aus kommentiert oder?

Where are vehicle patrols set? Sorry , I can't seem to find it lol

The only option I can find is this:

// enable / disable AI stealing vehicles - if you enable this, be sure to check KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist value below

SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = false;

But that is general AI taking any vehicle they find to get to their next waypoint.

Hi all !

Back from work !

@garack also wenn dir das zu langsam ist kann ich es ja auf 30 sek setzen !

@hayward look into the sar_config.sqf  find  //SAR_heli_type=["MH60S"]; change it to SAR_heli_type=["MH60S"]; without the // BUT KEEP IN MIND EVERY VEHICLE PATROL makes your SERVER LAGGIER !

@asiankid your right and its just to see if it's working correctly

@boyd hm does the ai show up on the map anyway?

[removed] invisibility fix 

Patrol Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/308no6qtj4rpj93/Sarge%20AI%20Epoch%20Edition%20Patrols.7z

Ground AI only

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im138fy4y6jgq8y/Sarge%20AI%20Epoch%20Edition%20Ground.7z

@hayward look into the sar_config.sqf  find  //SAR_heli_type=["MH60S"]; change it to SAR_heli_type=["MH60S"]; without the // BUT KEEP IN MIND EVERY VEHICLE PATROL makes your SERVER LAGGIER !

That's Heli patrol, I asked about Vehicle.  You said Heli and Vehicle, I already know about the Heli patrols.. Can you tell me where the setting for the Vehicle patrols is ? 

quite simple ... it's already integrated on the file below but commented out

SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

//Bandit VehiclePatrol 
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3", [7232.03,11288.3,320.081]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [600, 800];
SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3 = _this;

// Bandit Tank Patrol 
[sAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3,3,["T72_INS"],[[1,0,1]],true,300] call SAR_AI_land;

// Bandit Car Patrol South Coast
[sAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3,3,["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","Ural_TK_CIV_EP1"],[[1,1,1],[0,3,7]],true,300] call SAR_AI_land;

// example war scenario in the northwest. Comment OUT after having had a look at it!
//[
//    SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,                           // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
//    1,                                              // type of group
//    ["LandRover_CZ_EP1","M1030","M1030","LandRover_CZ_EP1"],        // used vehicle
//    [[1,1,1],[0,1,1],[0,1,1],[0,1,1]],                              // Vehicle initial crew
//    true,                                           // if this group should respawn or not
//    10
//] call SAR_AI_land;

//[
//    SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,                   // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
//    3,                                      // type of group
//    ["M1030","M1030","M1030","M1030"],      // used vehicle
//    [[1,1,0],[0,1,1],[0,1,1],[0,1,1]],      // Vehicle initial crew
//    true,                                   // if this group should respawn or not
//    60                                      // waittime until this group will respawn
//] call SAR_AI_land;

//[
//    SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,             // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
//    2,                                  // type of group
//    ["M1030"],                          // used vehicle
//    [[1,1,0]],                          // Vehicle initial crew
//    true,                               // if this group should respawn or not
//    60                                  // waittime until this group will respawn
//] call SAR_AI_land;

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for vehicle patrols finished"];
// ---- end of configuration area ----

come back later have to cook ,i'm hungry ...

[removed] invisibility fix 

why this?

And anybody get the vehicle fix working. Playing around with 1.1.0 and sleep timers up to 600.

Now i have the fix enabled but it did now work. Any idea?

And yes i would set the AI more CPU demanding and less stupid; i use the original 1.5.2 Values and they are stupid enough := Dont tested it on a full server though..I took your vloth changes they are nice :)

Maybe you're wrong ! 

I've only added supported Skins for epoch !

The AI with activated Vehicle Patrols and /or lots of ai groups costs alot of Performance .I've tested this on my rMod2.1 and Epoch Server.

Just checkout your rpt.log for the fps !

http://opendayz.net/threads/1-5-or-1-6.11631/#post-58926 the link also includes the invisible fix

Fuchs! I'm talking about the original version.  I actually had the issue myself and fixed it when I realised the AI's were still trying to use a unsupported epoch skin. It worked for me, not saying its what caused issues with your version.  Anyway, I'm using DZAI as it's cleaner .  Good luck with this project :)  

Fuchs! I'm talking about the original version.  I actually had the issue myself and fixed it when I realised the AI's were still trying to use a unsupported epoch skin. It worked for me, not saying its what caused issues with your version.  Anyway, I'm using DZAI as it's cleaner .  Good luck with this project :)

Hey can you point out whats better with DZAI, i consider this too; SArge 1.5.2 is running without problems for me, never tested it on a full server yet.

The invisible AI's are caused when an AI is spawned with a skin that isn't supported in DayZ Epoch.  

Maybe. But the invisible AI are part of the script. When the server FPS is low or there are tons of AI the script will make the AI invisible and invincible which they do not come out of. SARGE posted how to fix it back in July on opendayz.net (http://opendayz.net/threads/1-5-or-1-6.11631/#post-58926) which Fuchs has implemented in his version of the SARGE AI.

One of the first things I noticed was how well documented the code is, there's a bit of learning curve but once you know which files do what, it's a real sinch. I find Sarge AI overly bulky and complicated in areas, where DZAI makes it much easier.  Heli patrols are more realistic and completely changes the game play, they spawn randomly around the map and travel wherever they want, engaging on site and really giving you a run for your money.  Sarge heli patrols just go from A to B , hover a little , do nothing for a bit , then repeat, where as with DZAI you can't predict their movements and they can just sneak up on you like a real life bandit! The way the developer has organised the files is beyond pro, he's got files ready for your own personal spawn points, static and patrol etc.. All which can be edited in the arma map editor (if you know what you're doing). I've used DZAI for less than 2 days and already I know exactly how to get my AI to do what I want , but with Sarge AI it took me months of fiddling around, asking questions, getting confused and eventually leaving it on default.  With DZAI I'm able to say right "AI here, this many, this amount of time and this tough) , DZAI then uses special formulas (for use of a better word) to create just the right loadout, just the right level of AI etc for the task in hand.  I know SARGE AI can do this, but it's certainly a lot quicker and less painful with DZAI :)

.... and breath! 

Edit: Oh yeah, and the AI's stay out of you vehicles.. Period! 

Don't get me wrong. Sarge is a really cool dood, I used to message him loads on OpenDayz when I was learning to code the debug monitor and he was always happy to answer my daft questions.  But I want to play on my server for a change, not spend all that time getting something to work that meets my OCD standards lol

Hey guys just installed Sarge Ai from this post on my server, works great except for 2things, the AI seems to be "spam" spawing near players (like kill one group and 2 spawn withing 3-4min) so its a bit crazy ahaha and the other problem is kinda weird, if someone hops into a heli as a "pilot" no one else can hop in after....the "pilot" MUST be the last to enter the heli and I have no idea why....

I can confirm that the Heli bug on my server is caused by this

@hayward look into the sar_config.sqf  find  //SAR_heli_type=["MH60S"]; change it to SAR_heli_type=["MH60S]; without the // BUT KEEP IN MIND EVERY VEHICLE PATROL makes your SERVER LAGGIER !

just redeactivated it and everything went back to normal....