Dayz Commander updated for Steam patch

Uro

Yea it seems to be working, but some servers don't appear on the favourites list. I suppose that has to do with the old cache of the servers, as was mentioned in another thread.

Hopefully the cache clears itself soon.

I guess he knows about it since he wrote "[Feature] Initial support for Steam based servers.".

Not sure if he is reading this forum, but I hope he is tracking all the occuring bugs and fixes them over the upcoming days. Would be lovely if we could help him collecting them. To sad that he is not using a public GitHub. We could have point out the bugs there...

It looks like the "duplicate servers" issue is because it's showing my live servers plus the servers that are in the cached server list he is maintaining. I assume that will be cleared out. 

Yeah, servers now have to register with the Steam master servers (steamports etc), populate those lists and then those lists get pushed to clients requesting server refreshes, DZC will pull it's list of servers from the master list, just like every other game / server browser / launcher does. :)

I'd imagine when your IP:Port is detected on the master list, it replaces/removes the one on the cached list DZC has.

And nothing is instant so it takes a little time  :)

My Server (and testserver) show in dayz commander 115548; launching the servers shows 112555 in commander. Many, Many clients report of being kicked out the lobby.. Most of them are fine after reinstalling dayz, epoch and overwatch, but those who's commander shows them having 115548 are unable to join.

Any ideas?

My Server (and testserver) show in dayz commander 115548; launching the servers shows 112555 in commander. Many, Many clients report of being kicked out the lobby.. Most of them are fine after reinstalling dayz, epoch and overwatch, but those who's commander shows them having 115548 are unable to join.

Any ideas?

Tell them to do the following:

untick the replace beta option in DZC

verify arma 2 oa in steam

launch arma 2 oa

exit

now everything should work fine

Character limit in server name is a STEAM issue unfortunately.

You need the mod version number in the part of the server name that displays on the server brower.

the dayzcommander is ruining my player base because it gets extremely difficult to see the server, right now after a restart the server is shown as having a 10000ms ping

we are on arma2oa 1.63.112555, epoch 1.0.5.1 and overwatch 0.2.5

we had many people coming to our TS yesterday who werent able to join because either version mismatch or dayzcommander not showing the servername in white ...

now this 10000ms ping after a restart ... what the fuck is going with this shit? ... one update, everything fucked up

and can someone enlighten me why some servers are white and other are grey eventhough they all have the exact same version ?

For the server to "white up", you have to have the version (1.0.5.1) in the description... Mine is |Self Bloodbag|GMT-4|(112555/1.0.5.1)|etc etc.

Needs the version in ()

(This goes in your server.cfg or w/e cfg you use )

Also, players with commander showing them as having 125548 , need to TICK the "use steam to launch" in Commander.

That sorted it for most our playerbase.

But yes, my test server refuses to show up.. A delay of like 5 minutes or longer is unacceptable for a lobby.

Mine shows, but with 10.000 msec pingtimes, server version doesn't show, epoch version is. When trying to join it launches Overwatch instead of Epoch so I get kicked again.

After trying 4 times in a row, suddenly it loads the correct one and I get in.

is there a forum for the commander where I can vent my frustrations on a job BADLY DONE ?