[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

here is my compile.sqf 

http://pastebin.com/gtZ02f9F

think you could take a quick look at it ?

remove line: #105

And be aware that any other mod that uses line #23 will stop working properly, because snap pro will overwrite it. If you got any questions regarding the issue, before you ask them please check out video link in my signature and fast forward to functions. Few minutes of video will spare you ton of headaches in future as a server admin :)

...Any ability to set a default value as I am having to turn on snapping, then choose manual snapping, then choose the snap point to use for snapping.  It would be good to be able to defauly to Snap on -> manual snap so I would just have to choose the snap point ot use.

I landed back in this thread when I searched for a way to make it so Snap Build Pro is on by default when I start to build something. I know it is probably just a true/false thing somewhere in one of the files to make it so, but don't know where. I would love to know how to make it on by default....and manual too, if I could do that too.

I landed back in this thread when I searched for a way to make it so Snap Build Pro is on by default when I start to build something. I know it is probably just a true/false thing somewhere in one of the files to make it so, but don't know where. I would love to know how to make it on by default....and manual too, if I could do that too.

toggling happens in controls part of player_build.sqf. Snap actions are regulated by switch at the end of snap_build.sqf

Raymix, I would like to thank you for an awsome script and let you know about what appears to be a minor issue with upgrading cinder walls on piers over water. On Cherno east of electro there is a pier at 110:126. When you build walls toward the center you can upgrade them normally. When you build right along the edge by the water furthers from the road, you build the half-wall just fine, but when upgrading the upgraded wall overlaps with the half-wall so you get no gain in height.

Best,

Ghost

Raymix, I would like to thank you for an awsome script and let you know about what appears to be a minor issue with upgrading cinder walls on piers over water. On Cherno east of electro there is a pier at 110:126. When you build walls toward the center you can upgrade them normally. When you build right along the edge by the water furthers from the road, you build the half-wall just fine, but when upgrading the upgraded wall overlaps with the half-wall so you get no gain in height.

Best,

Ghost

Update your SBP, that was fixed recently.

<snip>

This script is open source (fully open for public use and modifications), you are allowed to add it to your @mods as long as appropriate credits and terms of license are met.

raymix,

y u doin so cool things, it's 3.55 am and I'm still playing with it :P

Dudes,

I have        [RimBlock's ]   +   [Zupa & rosska85's    and now (of course) wanted to add (Snap Pro) into the mix... Seems like it's working.

In case you want it, here's my seemingly working merged file (& other snap build pro files): http://pastebin.com/SMfMRkZR

I think you will only need player_build.sqf from the abovementioned pastebin, as the other two used files should be in their default state...

Thanks

Any insight into buildables not remaining flush when you either disconnect from game or the server restarts? They are only out by 1cm or so, but that's enough to cause headaches if you have spent hours and hours building truly square items. Does this latest version fix that? 

Any insight into buildables not remaining flush when you either disconnect from game or the server restarts? They are only out by 1cm or so, but that's enough to cause headaches if you have spent hours and hours building truly square items. Does this latest version fix that? 

nah it's nothing to do with SBP, here's the fix:

hi raymix, is there any possibility to make the preview building back to transparency when i use the vektor script with yours together? cause u can go fast dead on rotation and flipping the vektor together with your snapping tool ;-) i dont know how often but i guess last day i broke my legs 6 times and killed myself with it 2 times...

hi raymix, is there any possibility to make the preview building back to transparency when i use the vektor script with yours together? cause u can go fast dead on rotation and flipping the vektor together with your snapping tool ;-) i dont know how often but i guess last day i broke my legs 6 times and killed myself with it 2 times...

Transparency was disabled by Striker due to some buildables having wrong offsets. You can either enable it yourself by uncommenting ghost preview part or wait for his next release that might fix it.

toggling happens in controls part of player_build.sqf. Snap actions are regulated by switch at the end of snap_build.sqf

it'd be good to have this ON by default - any chance of having simple step by step instructions (or code snippet) for non-programmers?

thanks.

First off, thanks so much for all your hard work on this   :D  literally could not live with out it.

BUT. One wee bitty issue since updating to 1.4...  walls, doors, etc. all function as expected with snap points and the like, but for some reason I'm now unable to snap the miscellaneous objects (like when trying to snap crates to other crates, or when trying to snap stairs)  I get snap points on the object that I'm placing, but none on the adjacent already placed objects.

Any idea what might be causing this? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I have reports of my playerbase that ore veins and supplycrates cant be removed. I have Plot4Life, Snap Pro, Build Vectors, and Plotmanagement on my server that mess with stuff that is related to removing structures. My guess is that the IDs dont match up and the server thinks youre trying to remove something that is not yours.

Anybody had a problem like this before? Was anybody able to fix it, and if yes how?