[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You don't need to or more to the point can't add it to a admin menu, its a completely re-done building system, why would you want to add it to a admin menu? then only admins can use it (thats providing you find a way to do that)

I have  lands for Players, where cant destroy base or vehicles, also in private land player have access to use building menu with unlimited matterials, only in his base, so thats why i want snap for it.

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

I have private lands for Donators, where cant destroy base or vehicles, also in private land player have access to use building menu with unlimited matterials, only in his base, so thats why i want snap for it.

Please read the legal part in first post of this topic...

So i cant ask for help with Snap Build becouse...?

And i know all about legal part in first post ...

Well, your post gives impression that you want to limit SBP to donators only. I have nothing against donations or shops, but limiting everyone else to default build would be just plain rude :P

Well, your post gives impression that you want to limit SBP to donators only. I have nothing against donations or shops, but limiting everyone else to default build would be just plain rude :P

I dont want to make any limit for snap,it works in my server by default, just want to add snap to another building script 

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

Dear raymix,
at the moment i am working to write a proper building spawn for dayz epoch origins.

Since the Objects are very large i needed to define an large offset array in my configfiles.
This caused your script to fail during

if(_location1 distance _objectHelperPos > 10) exitWith {

To keep your script compatible, i don't want to modify it my own, so i want to ask if you would add an dynamic object moving distance.

My Idea to solve this is, to spawn the object, attach it to the player and save the _varDistance between object and player.
later replace the if clause with:

if(_location1 distance _objectHelperPos > 10+_varDistance) exitWith {

This solution should prevent every problem with large Objects.

best regards

Legodev

Hi L3G0,

There won't be any update for the script most likely, however SBP is integrated into a mod, which makes it accessible to edit for everyone, your case is a very good example where people are now able to express their ideas and make it available to others upon next update.

Adding variable distances set in a config file is a good idea and long requested feature, however I am done with Arma 2, script is given to public, stage is all yours :)

BTW, add something like this right before location check, this will save you from adding unnecessary lines for objects that have good distance in your config, smaller files = faster loads: 

if (isNil "_varDistance") then {_varDistance = 0;};

There are also few other things that needs a polish.. like removing function defines from snap_build.sqf file and place them in compiles instead, keeping file size small and avoiding reading already known functions, yadda yadda 

Thank you for this Script. I got it to work fairly easily, I am a first time server renter and have been scripting my own server, Learning step by step.

I have one question though that i can't seem to find an answer to. When i build something it takes much longer than i would like with the 1 of 3 building stages.

I have played on other servers where you didn't have to wait 3 stages to build something. Is there a way to modify the script so that there is only 1 building stage?

Also, I intend the 1 stage building to be for all the players on my server if this is possible.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks :)

Had this completely working and my server population was happy but ive encountered a error where it has just complete stopped working. There are no errors in my logs or rpt and there is nothing wrong with either of my files could one of my scripts that i have in place stop Snap pro from working.

Thanks in advance

Fallen

could one of my scripts that i have in place stop Snap pro from working.

yup, most likely compiles set up wrong. Functions defined are just like any other variable, when you define a function, defining it again will overwrite previous.

This means you might have some duplicate defines in your compiles.

Don't worry i merged them and replaced the player_build and such and redid the root files and now they work together awesome script

Cheers

Fallen

EDIT

Now i can't SNAP: OFF/SNAP: ON i get the option for SNAP:OFF but not ON and ideas?

naming for actions is kinda backwards for SBP - it works as an indicator not a button. Basically it tells you current state of SBP, not an action to do.

So if it says Snap: OFF, it means snapping is disabled. Click the action to enable.

And since you see the actions, it means your compiles, player_build and snap_build files are working fine.