[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

SNAPPING DOES NOT WORK ! -- no dots showing where to snap to.

Why didnt you make the snap pro upgrade use the same file structure as the old version? 

What are you talking about, man. File structure has never changed since initial release.

So im guessing changing folder structure and the files inside each folder isnt changing the structure? 

I am not sure I am following you here. Just so we are on the same page, are you talking about SBP 1.4.1 or Modular build? SBP has never had its folder structure changed, It has been \custom\snap_pro\*.* since release of 1.0...any upgrade was a simple copy/paste replace old files

The problem you have is due to wrong compiles setup, you are literary using Epoch's default build system. I get a lot of "broken" reports here, mostly caused by other addons modding SBP or simple human error, the latter is your case.

Modular build is not supposed to be run on 1.0.5.1, this forum is for SBP only. Any other scripts that uses it should provide all the support for bugs caused by it. 

Why didnt you make the snap pro upgrade use the same file structure as the old version? 

now this particular part sounds quite rude tbh (if I understand the context correctly)... complains like these makes me think there are people either mentally challenged to adapt to new file structure (if any) or just plain lazy to read trough tutorials provided... Authors of scripts spends countless hours coding, testing and fixing bugs, if there are extra additions/files to mods, its YOU who will adapt, not script authors, who gives their shit away for free, ok? Peace, man.

I am not sure I am following you here. Just so we are on the same page, are you talking about SBP 1.4.1 or Modular build? SBP has never had its folder structure changed, It has been \custom\snap_pro\*.* since release of 1.0...any upgrade was a simple copy/paste replace old files

The problem you have is due to wrong compiles setup, you are literary using Epoch's default build system. I get a lot of "broken" reports here, mostly caused by other addons modding SBP or simple human error, the latter is your case.

Modular build is not supposed to be run on 1.0.5.1, this forum is for SBP only. Any other scripts that uses it should provide all the support for bugs caused by it. 

now this particular part sounds quite rude tbh (if I understand the context correctly)... complains like these makes me think there are people either mentally challenged to adapt to new file structure (if any) or just plain lazy to read trough tutorials provided... Authors of scripts spends countless hours coding, testing and fixing bugs, if there are extra additions/files to mods, its YOU who will adapt, not script authors, who gives their shit away for free, ok? Peace, man.

please link me to tutorials other than githubs. sorry for my tone, spent way too long trying to get this simple thing to work.

my working folder structure is in snap_build/. the newest version is in snap_pro/ 

also inside both these folders is a different set of files, the compile i was using before had almost same but the last 2 lines were changed to adapt to the new structure. 

This is my old compile which works.

player_build		= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf";
	player_buildControls	= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_buildControls.sqf";
	snap_object		= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\snap_object.sqf";

This is the newest version which works partly (no snap).

//player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
   // snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    //dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

please link me to tutorials other than githubs. sorry for my tone, spent way too long trying to get this simple thing to work.

my working folder structure is in snap_build/. the newest version is in snap_pro/ 

also inside both these folders is a different set of files, the compile i was using before had almost same but the last 2 lines were changed to adapt to the new structure. 

This is my old compile which works.

player_build		= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf";
	player_buildControls	= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_buildControls.sqf";
	snap_object		= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\snap_object.sqf";

This is the newest version which works partly (no snap).

//player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
   // snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    //dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

Oh, you meant script, lol. Snap pro has nothing to do with that mod, it's coded from the scratch, hence the file structure is different. Simply put - there are 2 completely different scripts that does the same job - snap stuff for Epoch.

For SBP to work you will need to remove Build Snapping v1.6 (snap_build folder) and make sure to adjust compiles.sqf accordingly with paths leading to SBP (guide is on front page of github).

To check if SBP has been installed properly, press F while holding an object, you should be able to drop this object and walk around it, pick it up with F again. Same F key is used to snap two green helpers together (them little balls), blue are ignored, but there for visual reference. To activate SBP, use scroll menu.

If you are using different folder structure from \custom\snap_pro\ make sure to adjust snap_build.sqf file accordingly.

Best of luck

P.S sorry for the tone earlier, you are first one to mix up these 2 addons, lol.

Everything seems to be in order. Quite weird issue, man.

BTW what did you mean by "orange" and "rest of keys blue"? Does the Snap: OFF action come up at all? If not, then something is overwriting player_build file/function.

I've got the same issue, Installed and Overpoch Pack, which had a dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf. So i followed the instructions on the forum here, But the F key Still doesn't work. I've even tried changing it, As posted on this forum a few pages back. The whole Snap Pro system works except for the F Key. Any Ideas?

I've got the same issue, Installed and Overpoch Pack, which had a dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf. So i followed the instructions on the forum here, But the F key Still doesn't work. I've even tried changing it, As posted on this forum a few pages back. The whole Snap Pro system works except for the F Key. Any Ideas?

you got spaceinterupt set up wrong. 

You only need this part here for F key to work:

#192-195

https://github.com/raymix/SnapPro/blob/master/custom/snap_pro/dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf#L192

When players try to build a wood shed it pushes them back and breaks legs and sometimes kills them. Any way to fix this? Would I just list it in snappoints.hpp to make it not do that?

nah, it does not work that way.. basically in perfect world ALL buildables should have ghost model on them, while sheds do not. The only workaround for your fools would be increasing offset the object is spawned (or contacting asset's original author to create ghost model), other than that, just drop shack on the ground upon creation and step away. Offsets can be adjusted in config files for next Epoch release or adjusted using functions (additional code), which I personally will not support since it has nothing to do with SBP directly and is more related to human logic (or lack of it)... easiest workaround would be probably the obvious - telling them not to rotate object while its attached to them, drop it down and take a safe distance before rotating.

If they however break legs upon spawning the object, that could be caused by a third party script.

Hello again,

I have been trying many different things to get this script to work.

I see the ghost model of the items im placing.

I do not however see the bottom right menu, nore can I snap, or use Q or E to rotate.

I do not understand why this is happening, its quite simple to install.

Can you please take a look at my files?

EDIT** I noticed in compiles dayz spaceintterupt was called 2 times. still having issues after i commented the old one out.

http://www.filedropper.com/dayzoverpoch1chernarus

Hello again,

I have been trying many different things to get this script to work.

I see the ghost model of the items im placing.

I do not however see the bottom right menu, nore can I snap, or use Q or E to rotate.

I do not understand why this is happening, its quite simple to install.

Can you please take a look at my files?

EDIT** I noticed in compiles dayz spaceintterupt was called 2 times. still having issues after i commented the old one out.

http://www.filedropper.com/dayzoverpoch1chernarus

//snap pro bullshit

ummm.... ok?

compiles.sqf comment out or remove lines #41 and #119. dayz_spaceinterrupt and player_build functions are overwritten by default ones.

For more info (the long story) - see link in my sig, its a video explaining how your functions and compiles should be done.

//snap pro bullshit

ummm.... ok?

compiles.sqf comment out or remove lines #41 and #119. dayz_spaceinterrupt and player_build functions are overwritten by default ones.

For more info (the long story) - see link in my sig, its a video explaining how your functions and compiles should be done.

LOL with the line 15,

OKAY so I disabled those lines now its showing the menu and everything seems to work but one thing, the F key isnt dropping the item or snapping correctly. 

The menu works now but just the snapping feature on F and dropping the item doesnt. Any clues?

My server has plot 4 life, alchemical, fastbuild (admins). Would any of these cause the problem?

EDIT**

The alchemical is what caused the error with not being able to use F key. 

Does anyone know how to enable both the alchemical and the F key to work?

Compiles is pointing to the snap_pro folders spaceinterrupt.sqf

There is that exact line in spaceinterrupt.sqf

// F key
if ((_dikCode == 0x21 and (!_alt and !_ctrl)) or (_dikCode in actionKeys "User6")) then {
	DZE_F = true;
};

Am i supposed to take my own spaceinterrupt and past that in? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Thanks for the script

Can i disable plot pole ?

I have more problems now

i cant use infistar menu 

Is it possible for you to post the lines to add in the space_interrupt and  player build 

cus i think one of the 2 is  the problem

when i comment out the player_build and the spaceinterrup in the compiles sqf 

since then the menu dont work no more

Thanks

Sorry for my crapy eng

Edit  Fixt the plot pole 

i messed up the init  plot pole stuff :)

Compiles is pointing to the snap_pro folders spaceinterrupt.sqf

There is that exact line in spaceinterrupt.sqf

// F key
if ((_dikCode == 0x21 and (!_alt and !_ctrl)) or (_dikCode in actionKeys "User6")) then {
	DZE_F = true;
};

Am i supposed to take my own spaceinterrupt and past that in? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Thanks again for your help.

I've got the same issue - My code is correct so i don't know why the F key won't snap.

yeah I have the same issue. I have gone through every single one of my folders and checked all my sqf's to see if I have a dayz_spaceinterrupt.. conflicting somewhere and I didnt have any luck. infact before I put in the code for snapbuild pro its still being called from the dayz_code folder. I cant figure it out.. I will keep trying though. I never give up when ever I get a idea I try it. Ill keep posted. 

Hi Guys Im getting these errors in Client RTP any idea on how to fix?

Error in expression <player_toggleSnapSelect = -1;
if (count s_player_toggleSnapSelectPoint != 0) the>
  Error position: <s_player_toggleSnapSelectPoint != 0) the>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_togglesnapselectpoint
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf, line 32

Error in expression <ctHelper;
if (_objectHelperPos distance _nearestPole < 30) exitWith {
_isOk = fa>
  Error position: <_nearestPole < 30) exitWith {
_isOk = fa>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _nearestpole
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf, line 393

Thanks

MegaZ

Hi, we're running an Epoch/Overwatch/Origins server and I followed the instructions to the letter and have v1.4.1 working perfectly except for one thing.... the in-game tutorial never shows up, no matter what I do.  The "F" key works properly, things are snapping, etc.  Just no tutorial.  I saw a post (367, I think) in this thread that talked about multiple dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf files.  I'm not running DZGM and so don't have another dayz_spacinterrupt.sqf files near as I can tell.  If I do, which PBO would have it?  Any ideas why no tutorial?

Thanks,

Bob

is there a video on installing this? the instruction make not one single bit of sense to me!

## *Installation* `ver 1.4.1`

Create and add new **compiles.sqf** file (you can reuse an old one if you already have it) and add this to **init.sqf** file:

Where?

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";  

in what?

Add this line right after, like so:
```c++
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";                             //Compile custom compiles

I cant find the top line

**compiles.sqf** can be either found in project folder here on github or you can just create new file and add these lines:

```c++
if (!isDedicated) then {
    player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
    snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
};
```

I already have a compiles, how do I add it to that?

Should it look like this?

if (!isDedicated) then {

player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
    snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
    dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.07, 0.31, 0.23, 0.37, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

BIS_Effects_Burn =                 compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
    player_zombieCheck =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";    //Run on a players computer, checks if the player is near a zombie
    player_zombieAttack =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf";    //Run on a players computer, causes a nearby zombie to attack them

I'm really struggling with this and I guess its really easy lol,