[Release] Indestructible Items (For 1.0.5.1)

• 2 weeks later...

Np and thanks. It's probably a touch OCD but does help if there is a problem or want to disable a mod

Hey mathew did you try blowing up your items with about 15+ satchels because they fall apart still after a decent amount. Is this just giving items extra xp or something? I'm using your NAPF files with no errors.

Edit: You stated the files are for NAPF also is there something I need to change to get this working on Cherno Overpoch?

Yeah when I tested them I used loads and also rockets and tanks. What this does is set items not to receive damage. It doesn't change the amount of damage they take.

what items is it that can be destroyed or is it all of them? Also when? Straight away after placing them, after upgrade, after server restart etc as different files handle it depending on when

And no only files that would need changing are stranded files like in init.sqf descriptions file etc etc that are in the mission.pbo file as standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEHYK0mTr4&feature=youtu.be

Hey man sorry for late reply it would seem that stuff can be blown up before a restart but after the restart its indestructible. I tried with all default items you already have in the list. The only thing I changed within the whole thing was the function Raymix posted here:  as without it I wasn't able to snap within the 1 life.

Edit: After rolling back the server and then restarting it appears thing are indestructible again within 1 life. Sorry for wasting your time

The best way for indestructible items is this simple line of code DZE_GodModeBase = true; in the init.sqf all base building items.

I have been using this on my server when 1.0.5.1 was released and have had no problem. one simple line of coded instead of all the sqf you have to edit.

dayz_sellDistance_vehicle = 15;
dayz_sellDistance_boat = 30;
dayz_sellDistance_air = 40;
DZE_GodModeBase = true;

I started a new thread for this as the way it is done is different from ToejaM's ()

I take no credit for this, all I have done is take information from both ToejaM's and Epoch's indestructible scripts and pull it together to give the ability to select what items are indestructible.

I have it set to make only Cinder walls, Metal floors, ladders, ramps & stairs indestructible however its easy to add more to the list.

All items set in the array take no damage when created, upgraded, downgraded or after server restart.

Files are now on github here https://github.com/mathewjknott/Dayz-Epoch-Indestructible-Items

I have some problem with this.

All items are indestructible from list in variables.sqf  as they must to be but when i add same items from 3d editor they are not indestructible!

If you want items made in the 3D editor to take no damage you need to set it in the init for each item. Of the top of my head I think the code needed is "_this allowdamage = false;"

Check the code though as I'm on mobile so may be a typo etc

u mean like this?

_vehicle_108 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _object allowdamage = false;   
  _object = createVehicle ["MBG_Warehouse_InEditor", [6577.1538, 7647.9639, 0.40721244], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_108 = _object;
  _object setPos [6577.1538, 7647.9639, 0.40721244];
};

b_560_95_1.png

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["TK_GUE_WarfareBAircraftFactory_Base_EP1", [16559.357, 10207.671, -0.27989739], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setDir -310.50946;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false;this enableSimulation false;";
  _this setPos [16559.357, 10207.671, -0.27989739];
};

this is from one of my custom traders but it shows how the init line should be

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["TK_GUE_WarfareBAircraftFactory_Base_EP1", [16559.357, 10207.671, -0.27989739], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setDir -310.50946;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false;this enableSimulation false;";
  _this setPos [16559.357, 10207.671, -0.27989739];
};

this is from one of my custom traders but it shows how the init line should be

Thanks, working  great!

Not looked at latest p4l as the version I'm using works just fine. If nobody a has posted a working version by the time Epoch updates next ill update with a working version

As far as i know they now using modular base building where you maybe need to add the stuff for player_build too in player_build_publish.