[RELEASE] VASP - Vehicle and Skin preview on Traders v1.2 (Updated 06/18/2014)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

Not had this mod working for some time now, just looking into my issue and still nothing.

The preview debug box does not appear. Absolutely nothing.

I broke the vasp script to test if it was being intiated and it is and shows the fault in RPT.

I have tested anti-hack off and still same issue.

There is no logs reporting any issues.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Lordgeorge

Hey guys

Not had this mod working for some time now, just looking into my issue and still nothing.

The preview debug box does not appear. Absolutely nothing.

I broke the vasp script to test if it was being intiated and it is and shows the fault in RPT.

I have tested anti-hack off and still same issue.

There is no logs reporting any issues.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Lordgeorge

I have the same problem, no errors are shown in the rpt yet nothing works. there is no hint in top right and pushing F5 does nothing.

I cant remember what it was called but Maca's hint message thing needed for this? (if anyone knows what im on about lol)

have managed to get it to work.

because im using edited trader files (to speed up trading) i needed to edit the paths in player_traderMenuHive.sqf

Hmm cheers for the heads up. I looked a bit more into the issue and went as far as adding the fast trading but still the same issue. Even after changing the directory of trade_items etc...

Any more ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...

fix by F507DMT

OFFshowCinemaBorder  + skin fix(all skins in 1 location) + temp low viewdistance:

_rpos1 = (random 2000);
_rpos2 = (random 2000);
_rpos3 =  [(_rpos1),(_rpos2),2500];

/* Create the Preview-Platform - Position depends on amount of PVDZE_SkinPreviewCounter */
_pvp1 = "MetalFloor_DZ" createVehicle _rpos3;
_pvp1 setPosASL _rpos3;

/* Set the unit's Spawnposition - Position depends on amount of PVDZE_SkinPreviewCounter */
_unitSpawnPos = [(_rpos1),(_rpos2),2500.5];

/* Get the Model name for createAgent function */
_model = getText (configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Skins" >> (_item select 0) >> "playerModel");

/* Create the Unit with Model to preview - Hide from other Players view */
previewUnit = createAgent [format["%1",_model], _unitSpawnPos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
previewUnit setDir 180;
previewUnit setPosASL _unitSpawnPos;
previewUnit allowDammage false; previewUnit disableAI 'FSM'; previewUnit disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; previewUnit disableAI 'TARGET'; previewUnit forceSpeed 0;

/* playableUnits just holds the player himself when Server runs Infistar, dunno if correct, or why this but... */
/* We check if Infistar is running and if not we can use a way better function to hide the unit from other players
if (!(ServerRunsInfistar)) then {
_initUnit = format["{if ((getPlayerUID _x) != %1) then {%2 hideObject true;};} forEach playableUnits;", (getPlayerUID player), previewUnit];
uiSleep 0.1;
previewUnit setVehicleInit _initUnit;
uiSleep 0.1;
processInitCommands;
uiSleep 0.1;
clearVehicleInit previewUnit
};

Create the Cam */
//remember viewdistance
_vd = viewdistance;
setViewDistance 300;
SkinPreview_Camera = "camera" camCreate [(_unitSpawnPos select 0), (_unitSpawnPos select 1) - 10,2502]; 
showCinemaBorder false; 
SkinPreview_Camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"];
//////lower///
camDestroy VehiclePreview_Camera;
setViewDistance _vd;

and i use this:

taskHint ['For preview vehicle press F5 now', [0,0.4,1,1], 'taskNew'];

OtterNas3 big thx!!!

Changed my keybind to the letter L, that way I don't have to disable infiStar bad keys (for obvious reasons one should leave them on).

Then using find/replace i changed the debug window text from "press F5 now" to press L.

Then I changed my AH file so the debug sleeper is set to 5 (also posted earlier in this topic).

It works perfect for admin, players can get into the view, but they cannot exit it... doh.. any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Great script !

Is there a way to get this working with the gems sell?

Like ["ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZ",2] 83 [1,"ItemRuby",1] [7,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1] 0 479 trade_any_vehicle_old

The other all show up great but the vehicles in the database with " trade_any_vehicle_old " don't show the option to press F5.

Thx

All I did was copy the added parts to the new files and update the paths to point at the single currency files

you changed this part ???

// trader menu code
    if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\VASP\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";
    }else{
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\VASP\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";
    };

to

// trader menu code
    if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "gold\player_traderMenu.sqf";
    }else{
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "gold\player_traderMenuDB.sqf";
    };

im sorry  I just added  zuppas gold and I know nothing about it or how it works. 

find verry little trader info. I dont know if I can edit my traders through database like normal or what.

I am re-scripting a new server so I have not got that far yet.

Great script !

Like ["ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZ",2] 83 [1,"ItemRuby",1] [7,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1] 0 479 trade_any_vehicle_old

The other all show up great but the vehicles in the database with " trade_any_vehicle_old " don't show the option to press F5.

Thx

bump

Great script !

Thx

Add the following to your player_traderMenuConfig.sqf and player_traderMenuHive.sqf:

find:

if ((_item select 9) == "YOURFOLDERNAME\trade_any_vehicle_old.sqf") then {

and change this to:

if ((_item select 9) == "YOURFOLDERNAME\trade_any_vehicle.sqf" or (_item select 9) == "YOURFOLDERNAME\trade_any_vehicle_old.sqf") then {

*change YOURFOLDERNAME to the location of the file (ie - custom\)