New Video: The Sapper

Axle

I was thinking of trying to make a stalker-esque mod lol, something simple.

Every single day I have hundreds of ideas running trough my mind for perfect map to fit dayz/epoch theme. None of them represents warm eastern European summer with barely any clue of apocalypse.

I have all stalker games on my HDD finished on hardest difficulty (including lost alpha), I simply refuse to uninstall such a masterpeace

I am also perfectly aware of reason no such map exists, even 5x5 km map could take months in development.

Every single day I have hundreds of ideas running trough my mind for perfect map to fit dayz/epoch theme. None of them represents warm eastern European summer with barely any clue of apocalypse.

I have all stalker games on my HDD finished on hardest difficulty (including lost alpha), I simply refuse to uninstall such a masterpeace

I am also perfectly aware of reason no such map exists, even 5x5 km map could take months in development.

There is actually a partly finished Pripyat on Armaholic, but when you think of the scale of the Arma 3 maps compared to the ones in say Stalker: CoP there is no comparison. Altis is 270km Squared, but Pripyat, Ukraine is only 8km Squared.

There is actually a partly finished Pripyat on Armaholic

I've noticed that map in alpha a while ago, but there would probably be more problems trying to continue working on it than starting a fresh one from scratch.

Couple of interesting things here. GIBBED BODIES looks awesome! These creatures sure look more creepy than zombies and they head butt rather than punch. What I also like is how these creatures move, as they don't appear to have over the top speed or twitchy bullet dodging movements like A2EM zombies so will it be more creepy, more fun to take down and much less of an annoyance!

I really cannot wait for this mod because I believe you guys still have 1 up over H1Z1 despite all its hype!

There is actually a partly finished Pripyat on Armaholic, but when you think of the scale of the Arma 3 maps compared to the ones in say Stalker: CoP there is no comparison. Altis is 270km Squared, but Pripyat, Ukraine is only 8km Squared.

Be a friend and link it plz

They walk like the silent hill nurses and are eerily similar to the mobs from halo 1 that look like popcorn and explode. But i'm diggin it and can't wait to see how many nerds get mad when these things explode on them and they die haha.

The only relation to the flood is the explosion type effect and there was only really one type of enemy from the flood that would do that), otherwise they are just mutated creatures. Try to be more observant, there's more going on with the sapper than you realize.

Even though you said there wont be zombies, i cant call theese creatures anything else than zombies :D ALthough it doesnt matter for me, ill be fine with anything. What amused me is the looting thing with the sofas. By the way, will we be able to get some kind of furniture for the bases? What Epoch really needs is a map other from the stock arma maps. It doesnt fit into the theme at all :(

BTW about the map, are you dev's see this : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863 & http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24911

I know it's ArmA 2 map, but TBH, Epoch on Altis or Stratis...

Well it's a bit bizarre isn't it ?

+1 on this :) Have Epoch support older maps using A3MP

I know it's 6GB but players will download it and it has plenty of support.