Deploy Bike -- Can't Fix "Killed a Hacker" in 1.0.4.2

odiefrom

Question

I have searched both this forum and Google to find out how to fix this problem, and I now know what the problem is, but I haven't been able to fix it.

Using the deploy bike script, getting on the bike results in instant death.  I understand this is caused by the server thinking the client spawned in the bike illegally, and is killing them as they are a "hacker".  In trying to fix this, I have gone to server_cleanup.fsm and tried to find this:

"    if  (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") ) then {" \n

-- or --

if(vehicle _x != _x  && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

No luck.  And it seems every fix on the internet requires one of these lines.  I simply don't have them in server_cleanup.fsm file.  So I must ask...how is this fixed in the newest version of Epoch?  Thanks, and sorry for being a noob.

11 answers to this question

edit the safe vehicles to the bike you are deploying -  apply the custom location inside your init

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";

I'm sorry...edit the safe vehicles where?  I already have a custom compiles set up in the mission PBO and the init is calling it instead of the default, I just don't understand the rest of your instructions sorry...

I zipped the wrong file.. sorry- its been a really long day..

edit

DZE_safeVehicle = ["M2HD_mini_TriPod","M2StaticMG","Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1","ParachuteWest","ParachuteC"];

(i'm using old_bike, you may be deploying another)

inside your INIT, edit from dayz_code to a custom location

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\variables.sqf";

variables.zip

Alright, so I pointed my init.sqf to a custom variables.sqf file.  I went to the safe vehicles line and added the bike (the old bike, same as mentioned above).  Repacked and tested it, only to be killed for the same thing.

"CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Dyno B 1-1-B:1 (Dyno) REMOTE IN Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1"

So sorry, unless I messed something up in that fix, it didn't work.

Alright, so I pointed my init.sqf to a custom variables.sqf file.  I went to the safe vehicles line and added the bike (the old bike, same as mentioned above).  Repacked and tested it, only to be killed for the same thing.

"CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Dyno B 1-1-B:1 (Dyno) REMOTE IN Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1"

So sorry, unless I messed something up in that fix, it didn't work.

You see how your cleanup line says you're on the model "Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1" instead of the "Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1" MassAsster suggested you to add?

Use this line:

DZE_safeVehicle = ["Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1","ParachuteWest","ParachuteC"];

Well now I feel absolutely stupid.  It's working just fine now.  So I learned two things today.  1, how to fix the Killed a Hacker for certain vehicles, and 2, that I need to read classnames REALLY carefully.  Thank you everyone :)

Well now I feel absolutely stupid.  It's working just fine now.  So I learned two things today.  1, how to fix the Killed a Hacker for certain vehicles, and 2, that I need to read classnames REALLY carefully.  Thank you everyone :)

It doesn't help that the variable naming scheme used by Bohemia is inconsistent.