FMission

Hey Foamy, I'm getting undefined variable errors with Fmission using the latest beta 112555 and the dev branch beta 124802.

17:10:04 "FMission Launcher 1: Spawn Chance Succeeded with 0.279454 it needed to be lower than 0.7"
17:10:04 Error in expression <ion_type == "M1") then
{
waitUntil 
{
(!EPOCH_MISSION1_RUNNING)
};
{ deleteVehic>
17:10:04   Error position: <EPOCH_MISSION1_RUNNING)
};
{ deleteVehic>
17:10:04   Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_mission1_running
17:10:04 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf, line 178

These happen with FAI_Create_Unit.sqf, FAI_Create_Heli.sqf and FAI_Create_Vehicle.sqf

Errors fill the RPT file when a mission runs.

Got a fix? :)

Post the entire mission file that is causing the error and I will look at it.

"17:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_mission1_running" <---- not supposed to be lowercase for one thing.

They are the default files from your github :) 

Obviously I run my own missions with your system which I won't be publishing anywhere, they are coded correctly :)

All the EPOCH_MISSION1/2/3_RUNNING's are all in upper case in all the files they are present in, I dunno why it's spitting them out as lowercase in the rpt file :D

All errors have been created via these files:

\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf

\FAI\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf

\FAI\FAI_Create_Vehicle.sqf

They are the default files from your github :)

Obviously I run my own missions with your system which I won't be publishing anywhere, they are coded correctly :)

All the EPOCH_MISSION1/2/3_RUNNING's are all in upper case in all the files they are present in, I dunno why it's spitting them out as lowercase in the rpt file :D

All errors have been created via these files:

\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf

\FAI\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf

\FAI\FAI_Create_Vehicle.sqf

If you won't post your mission then I am afraid I can't help you. I can assure you the issue is NOT with FMission. FMission has been thoroughly tested so unless you have altered the files contained within my system, which I clearly state on my Github to NOT do, it is a problem with your mission script.

If you would like to post the script I will take a look, otherwise... good luck to you. 

Hi has any one worked out to add Humanity for killing the AI in these missions if so can you share how

thanks.

MegaZ

it's pretty easy, create a file somewhere in the Fmission directory call something like 'ai_unit_killed.sqf'.

private ["_victim","_killer","_humanity","_banditKills"];

_victim = _this select 0;
_killer = _this select 1;
_humanity = _killer getVariable ["humanity",0];
_banditKills = _killer getVariable ["banditKills",0];
_killer setVariable ["humanity",_humanity + 25,true];
_killer setVariable ["banditKills",_banditKills + 1,true];

put that code inside of it and save it. you can change the 25 to however much humanity you want to gain.

next, in wherever it is that creates the AI, for each AI unit use this line of code.

_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

and now you have a humanity gain for each bandit killed and your bandit kill count goes up too :)

of course, replace the _unit variable with whatever variable Fmission uses for each unit.

If you won't post your mission then I am afraid I can't help you. I can assure you the issue is NOT with FMission. FMission has been thoroughly tested so unless you have altered the files contained within my system, which I clearly state on my Github to NOT do, it is a problem with your mission script.

If you would like to post the script I will take a look, otherwise... good luck to you. 

Well I was testing FMission with Arma 2 Beta versions 1.63.122555 and 1.63.124802, the latter of which will soon be required for Epoch 1.0.5, and it was throwing up undefined variable errors.   Using your default Missions and my own missions in seperate tests.

Just thought I'd help you with porting your Event System over to the latest beta patches, but oh well no loss to me.  I'll keep my fixes and my files to myself then. 

Well I was testing FMission with Arma 2 Beta versions 1.63.122555 and 1.63.124802, the latter of which will soon be required for Epoch 1.0.5, and it was throwing up undefined variable errors.   Using your default Missions and my own missions in seperate tests.

Just thought I'd help you with porting your Event System over to the latest beta patches, but oh well no loss to me.  I'll keep my fixes and my files to myself then. 

From my GitHub:

"(NOTE: All scripts tested and scripted for 1.0.3.1 and No, I will not be upgrading to the latest Epoch Version)"

Sorry but I have no intention of keeping up to date with Arma 2 patches or Epoch updates. I have moved on to coding for a top Altis Life server. I don't play Epoch anymore so it makes no sense for me to keep developing for it. If you want to update the files be my guest, I just have no interest in doing it.

hi, first off, great mission system, been messing around making up some simple missions for testing but have an issue

sometimes, mission AI from the authors missions, to some posted here spawn in novy, inside the church, happens alot sadly, also, they vehicles and helis will spawn there also

is there any way to stop this?

if that can be sorted, i ahve some ideas for interesting missions that require spawning in a certain location

1 other thing, has anyone tried Csus's humanity script yet?, would like ot know it works before i try my hand iat putting it in (not realy have a clue what im doing with scripting :) )

edit, nvm, got the humanity part working :D

• 2 weeks later...

edit, nvm, got the humanity part working :D

Hi bablonstew, I have tried adding this to Fmissions but have no joy, Can you tell me how you done it? I am adding it to FAI_Create_Unit in the FAI folder like below:

// Create AI

if (_unit_type == "Bandit") then

{

_chance = .50;

_diceroll = random 1;

if (_diceroll < _chance) then

{

"BanditW2_DZ" createUnit [_aispawnpos, _aigroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];

}

else

{

"Bandit1_DZ" createUnit [_aispawnpos, _aigroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];

};

_null = [_aiunit] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Bandit.sqf";

_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\ai_unit_killed"}];

Not sure if this is where it should go.  Could you post up where you put it thanks?

MegaZ

Thanks babylonstew  and Csus have this working now.

_aiunit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

just needed to add ai to the front of the line i added

cheers

MegaZ

Hi at all.

Just installed FMission on an Epoch Napf Server 1.0.4.2a.

But I got the following error:

22:03:07 "RUNNING EVENT: FMission_Launcher1 on [2014,5,11,6,3]"

22:03:07 "FMission Launcher 1: Checking Spawn Chance"

22:03:07 "FMission Launcher 1: Spawn Chance succeeded with 0.63689 it needed to be lower than 1"

22:03:07 "FMission Launcher 1: Selecting script and launching

22:03:07 "FMission Launche 1: Launching Mission: \z\addons\dayz_server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Assassination.sqf"

22:03:07 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_Server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Assassination.sqf not found

I checked the folder. The file is on its place.

But why there is this error code???

Any suggestions?

Thanks

N8hawk

N8Hawk,

I had the same probelm your facing right now.. However I did find the issue on my server anyway.

try changing ALL paths in ALL the Fmission file to this: -> Script \z\addons\dayz_Server\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Assassination.sqf

The extra \addon\ is not needed or used in my server settings.. Though it is the real path I belive the server reads it with out the secound addons path. I found this by reading the other scripts on the server and none included the secound \addons\ path..

Once I made this change the system came right to life and started working.

Hope that helps you!

Goodie~

Hello,

i first want to start by saying this mod is fantastic and Im very excited about the missions I have planed to create. Once done I will share with all..

I do however have one small issue.

Once I worked out the same issue N8hawk had above every thing is started loading just fine.  My issue  however is. In the supplied mission FMission_M1_Hostage_Rescue.sqf after saving the hostages the mission never ends.. In fact the marker is still there 3 hrs later.

Can anyone please shed some lighton how or why the mission is not completeing.

thanks for any info you can provide or help with

Goodie~

Hello, its me again,

Well it must of been a glitch or something :wacko: . I restarted server and now mission completes as it should..

Anyway, thanks again for a awsome mission system!! B)

It seems to have happened again.

Its acting as if players taking to much time to clear the mission, even though they save the hostages  and kill all bandits the mission doesn't end. Is there a time-out once mission has been engaged?  Can they be taking to long to finish and the mission and it's just not updating the failed status?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

G~

I still lurk guys, I am just very busy coding for a Top Altis Life server. We are about to release the project I have been working on for the last month or so. Word is the community I am now part owner of might be doing an Epoch server as well after we get the new Altis Life version out.

That means I will probably update FMission a bit around that time as well. I still have a few missions that weren't released yet so I will also most likely finish the first mission pack and fill it out with the other missions, I think in total there are 6 or 7 missions.

Don't forget I updated the main post with a tutorial video on how to make missions with FMission.

If you guys are curious where I am at here is the link to our community.

http://www.therevolutiongaming.com/

just installed this and the missions look cool.

interested in the other missions when they become available for sure.

any eta on if/when they might do the epoch server so we know when to possibly expect the missions?

Hi Guys, Has anyone tried this on 112555  - 1.0.5.1 with the Humanity added to the AI kills?

im getting these errors now was ok before update:

13:36:20 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Skilled=- Bandit Spawned @ Location: [12931.3,7259.04] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"
13:36:20 Error in expression <ddons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Sniper.sqf";
_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this E>
13:36:20   Error position: <_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this E>
13:36:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
13:36:20 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf, line 67
13:36:20 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Elite=- Sniper Spawned @ Location: [12931.3,7259.04] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"
13:36:20 Error in expression <ddons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Bandit.sqf";
_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this E>
13:36:20   Error position: <_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this E>
13:36:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
13:36:20 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf, line 51

This is the line it is calling:

_aiunit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\Add_humanity.sqf"}];

Any one able to help ?

Thanks

MegaZ

working great so far with napf overpoch 1.0.5.1.1 and arma 163112555

thankz for this

now time to create some more missions...

6:10:10 "RUNNING EVENT: FMission_Launcher1 on [2014,7,18,12,10]"
 6:10:10 "RUNNING EVENT: crash_spawner on [2014,7,18,12,10]"
 6:10:10 "RUNNING EVENT: supply_drop on [2014,7,18,12,10]"
 6:10:12 "FMission Launcher 1: Checking Spawn Chance"
 6:10:12 "FMission Launcher 1: Spawn Chance Succeeded with 0.472501 it needed to be lower than 1"
 6:10:14 "FMission Launcher 1: Selecting script and launching"
 6:10:14 "FMission Launcher 1: Launching Mission: \z\addons\dayz_server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Assassination.sqf"
 6:10:16 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Script Started"
 6:10:16 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Checking MissionSpawnChance"
 6:10:16 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Failed with 0.762402 it needed to be lower than 0.4"
 6:10:25 "WAI: Spawned a group of 10 Bandits at [15552.3,14103,0.001]"
[spoiler] 7:05:00 "RUNNING EVENT: FMission_Launcher1 on [2014,7,18,13,5]" 7:05:00 "RUNNING EVENT: crash_spawner on [2014,7,18,13,5]"
 7:05:00 "FMission Launcher 1: Checking Spawn Chance"
 7:05:00 "FMission Launcher 1: Spawn Chance Succeeded with 0.144433 it needed to be lower than 1"
 7:05:01 "FMission Launcher 1: Selecting script and launching"
 7:05:01 "FMission Launcher 1: Launching Mission: \z\addons\dayz_server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Hostage_Rescue.sqf"
 7:05:01 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Script Started"
 7:05:01 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Checking MissionSpawnChance"
 7:05:01 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - MissionSpawnChance Success"
 7:05:02 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Mission Script Started"
 7:05:02 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Loot event setup, waiting for 900 seconds"
 7:05:02 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Creating Hostage Camp"
 7:05:02 "FMarker 1: Loading Script"
 7:05:02 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Spawning Hostages"
 7:05:03 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Spawning Attackers"
 7:05:04 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Success"
 7:05:04 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Failed"
 7:05:04 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Loading -=FAI Units=- Started"
 7:05:04 "MISSION 1: Hostage Rescue - Waiting..."
 7:05:06 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Failed"
 7:05:06 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Noob=- Bandit Spawned @ Location: [10369.3,13656.8] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"
 7:05:06 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Noob=- Bandit Spawned @ Location: [10369.3,13656.8] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"
 7:05:06 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Success"
 7:05:06 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Skilled=- Bandit Spawned @ Location: [10369.3,13656.8] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"
 7:05:06 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Skilled=- Medic Spawned @ Location: [10369.3,13656.8] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"
 7:05:06 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Success"
 7:05:06 "FAI Unit 1.1: -=Noob=- Sniper Spawned @ Location: [10369.3,13656.8] | Patrol Radius: 50m | Waypoints Assigned: 4"[/spoiler]

it's pretty easy, create a file somewhere in the Fmission directory call something like 'ai_unit_killed.sqf'.

private ["_victim","_killer","_humanity","_banditKills"];

_victim = _this select 0;
_killer = _this select 1;
_humanity = _killer getVariable ["humanity",0];
_banditKills = _killer getVariable ["banditKills",0];
_killer setVariable ["humanity",_humanity + 25,true];
_killer setVariable ["banditKills",_banditKills + 1,true];

put that code inside of it and save it. you can change the 25 to however much humanity you want to gain.

next, in wherever it is that creates the AI, for each AI unit use this line of code.

_unit addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

and now you have a humanity gain for each bandit killed and your bandit kill count goes up too :)

of course, replace the _unit variable with whatever variable Fmission uses for each unit.

Would it be possible to do this but make it so that if you kill the hostage then you loose humanity? 

Hi at all.

I use Fmission also on Napf 1.0.5.1 and with 112555.

But sometimes there is a problem with spawn/despawn:

Players solve the mission but there is no loot or the mission will not despawn.

And sometimes there is no loot.

This is the error I get in the RPT LOG:

16:03:17 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Loading -=FAI=- Completed"
16:03:17 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Loading -=FAI Vehicle=- Started"
16:03:17 "FAI Vehicle 1.0: -=ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZ=- Spawned @ Location: [10240,10240,800] | Patrol Radius: 150m"
16:03:18 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Loading -=FAI Vehicle=- Completed"
16:03:19 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Loading -=FAI Heli=- Started"
16:03:19 "FAI Heli 1.0: -=UH1H_DZ=- Spawned @ Location: [10240,10240,800] | Patrol Radius: 250m"
16:03:20 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Loading -=FAI Heli=- Completed"
16:03:21 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Creating Assassination Target"
16:03:21 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Spawning Interior Attackers"
16:03:21 "MISSION 1: Assassination - Waiting..."
16:03:21 Error in expression <},{_i=_i+1}] do {
_unitname addMagazine _magazine;
};
_unitname addWeapon _weapo>
16:03:21 Error position: <_magazine;
};
16:03:21 Error Undefined variable in expression: _magazine
16:03:21 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Bandit.sqf, line 42
};
};
16:03:21 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Bandit.sqf, line 42
};
};
16:03:21 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Failed"
16:03:21 "FMinefield: Checking Mine Field Spawn Chance"
16:03:21 "FLoot: Extra Loot Chance Failed"
16:03:21 "FMinefield 1.0: Spawn Chance Failed with 0.778456 it needed to be lower than 0.5"

At the Floot_Bandit.sqf i find this:

line 41    for [{_i=1},{_i<=3},{_i=_i+1}] do {
line 42    _unitname addMagazine _magazine;
line 43    };
line 44    _unitname addWeapon _weapon;

Any suggestions?

Thanks

N8hawk