FMission

not working for me on vilayer, only one AI spawning, and no giving humanity.

i have certainly make a mistake

thanks you

_aiunit1 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Bandit",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit1 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

_aiunit2 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Bandit",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit2 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

_aiunit3 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Sniper",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit3 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

_aiunit4 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Medic",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit4 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

_aiunit5 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Sniper",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit5 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

_aiunit6 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Bandit",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit6 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

_aiunit7 = [_aiunit_spawn_pos,50,4,"Bandit",_loot_pos,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_Create_Unit.sqf";
_aiunit7 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];

sleep 10;
    diag_log("MISSION 2: Outillage - Loading -=FAI=- Completed");

sleep .5;

// Add a one off custom AI?
    _attackgroup = createGroup east;

_attacker1 = _attackgroup createUnit ["TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1", _base, [], 0, "Form"];
    _attacker1 setUnitPos "AUTO";
    _null = [_attacker1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Bandit.sqf";
_attacker1 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];
    _attacker1 setUnitPos "Middle";

_attacker2 = _attackgroup createUnit ["TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1", _base, [], 0, "Form"];
    _attacker2 setUnitPos "AUTO";
    _null = [_attacker2] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_Medic.sqf";
_attacker2 addEventHandler ["killed",{_this ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\fmission\directory\ai_unit_killed.sqf"}];
    _attacker2 setUnitPos "Middle";

_attackgroup setCombatMode "RED";
    _attackgroup setBehaviour "STEALTH";

not working for me on vilayer, only one AI spawning, and no giving humanity.

i have certainly make a mistake

thanks you

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1ZWkptRhF_7cXpGblJ0XzZoNG8&usp=sharing

Here is my working file with Humanity added just drop the whole file in your addons folder and make sure you have the modules zip (included) added to your modules folder and add the files below to your init.sqf in the mission.pbo

EpochEvents = [

["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],

["any","any","any","any",10,"animated_crash_spawner"],

["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],

["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],

// F Missions

["any","any","any","any",1,"FMission_Launcher1"],

["any","any","any","any",35,"FMission_Launcher1"],

["any","any","any","any",25,"FMission_Launcher2"],

["any","any","any","any",15,"FMission_Launcher3"],

["any","any","any","any",35,"FMission_Launcher3"]];

MegaZ

Megaz,

Sorry I haven't had time to work on the kinks in my missions. hope to get back to it soon. Will def post when they are working.

my biggest issue is with map marker cleanup. Can't seem to get them to go away.

The markers showing or not is dependent on the variable EPOCH_MISSION1_RUNNING so make sure your mission is setting this to true at the start and false at the end, launch the marker script after you have declared that variable true.

FMission has an ai hooker in the assassination  mission. I guess its possible just a map edit with that added in. don't think she moves, just crouched over.
Don't see a paa called anywhere for her. is that girl part of epoch ? .. would like to create mission sex slaves rescue lol .. just for giggles..   :D  :rolleyes: 
Just trying to figure out if she was built into the bunker in a map edit .. or is actually a reskinned ai character 

FMission has an ai hooker in the assassination  mission. I guess its possible just a map edit with that added in. don't think she moves, just crouched over.

Don't see a paa called anywhere for her. is that girl part of epoch ? .. would like to create mission sex slaves rescue lol .. just for giggles..   :D  :rolleyes: 

Just trying to figure out if she was built into the bunker in a map edit .. or is actually a reskinned ai character 

She is a skin in Arma. Here is a link to pretty much everthing in Arma 2 and Arma 2 AO. Go in under arma 2 and then choose civ-woman and and you have 10 of them to choose from. But there is only 5 diffrent skins, hooker1 and ru_hooker1 has the same out fit and so on. Goes up to 5. http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to make the mines stronger? So far the best they do is break your legs or take off a little blood (sometimes then do nothing, they'll explode, the guy makes a moaning noise but no blood loss or broken bones!!). They do nothing to stop vehicles. I'd like them to at least knock a guy to the ground, leave him half dead and for vehicles, just blow a wheel or two off :)

How do we delete the mines after the mission completes.
I've tried this:

{ deleteVehicle _x; } forEach nearestObjects [_pos,["Sign_Danger","MineE"],180];

But it only deletes the Signs. The mine remain and are still active :(

EDIT: Figured it out with this code...

{if (typeof _x == "MineE" or typeof _x == "EmptyDetector") 
then {deletevehicle _x; };} foreach (NearestObjects [_pos, [], 180]) ;	

You have to delete the EmptyDetectors too, or you'll still trigger the explosion on that spot ;)

Any way to make the mines stronger? So far the best they do is break your legs or take off a little blood (sometimes then do nothing, they'll explode, the guy makes a moaning noise but no blood loss or broken bones!!). They do nothing to stop vehicles. I'd like them to at least knock a guy to the ground, leave him half dead and for vehicles, just blow a wheel or two off :)

You could do one of two things, use a slightly larger explosive or code it to do specific damage when activated. Could even get fancy and make random damages, etc.

Hi, is there any way to give to AI RPGs ?

I tried by modifing the "FLoot_Bandit.sqf" file, but.. maybe I did it wrong... I added the RPG gun and ammo... and indeed some bandits spawn with RPG but they neither use it nor attack anyway... they just run around with the RPG on their backs :D :D ...

What would be the appropiate way to do so?

Thanks

Hi, is there any way to give to AI RPGs ?

I tried by modifing the "FLoot_Bandit.sqf" file, but.. maybe I did it wrong... I added the RPG gun and ammo... and indeed some bandits spawn with RPG but they neither use it nor attack anyway... they just run around with the RPG on their backs :D :D ...

What would be the appropiate way to do so?

Thanks

Not sure how you would get them to use them, they usually only attack vehicles with them when they do anyway. But this thing still works??  It's like 4 versions outdated or so =P (according to the readme.md)

Not sure how you would get them to use them, they usually only attack vehicles with them when they do anyway. But this thing still works??  It's like 4 versions outdated or so =P (according to the readme.md)

As oSo said, the AI usually only shoot at vehicles with RPG's. As far as FMission still working despite being written a few versions ago, I designed it that way. I wrote it in a way that it should continue to function through Epoch upgrades. It's a self contained system that uses Arma functions so it's technically independent of Epoch, it just runs from the scheduler, which is super convenient.

Not to say anything against the other mission systems as they all have their merits, but this one was designed because I found the others less flexible and independent than I was looking for. Short of it is, FMission is extremely flexible, you can make just about any kind of mission your brain can conjure up, and it should continue to function until Arma changes the functions I used.

I did a video on how to make missions with FMission for anyone interested in making missions, it's linked in the first post.

As oSo said, the AI usually only shoot at vehicles with RPG's. As far as FMission still working despite being written a few versions ago, I designed it that way. I wrote it in a way that it should continue to function through Epoch upgrades. It's a self contained system that uses Arma functions so it's technically independent of Epoch, it just runs from the scheduler, which is super convenient.

Not to say anything against the other mission systems as they all have their merits, but this one was designed because I found the others less flexible and independent than I was looking for. Short of it is, FMission is extremely flexible, you can make just about any kind of mission your brain can conjure up, and it should continue to function until Arma changes the functions I used.

I did a video on how to make missions with FMission for anyone interested in making missions, it's linked in the first post.

Thank you very much for your answers. I tried to add it again from cero and it worked, and as you said, the AI with RPG only attack vehicles, but it's exactly what I wanted :). I had to create a different Loot SQF file called "FLoot_RPG.sqf" with the proper content to do so, and call it this way:

if (_unit_type == "RPG") then 
    {
		_chance = .50;
		_diceroll = random 1;
		if (_diceroll < _chance) then 
		{
		"BanditW2_DZ" createUnit [_aispawnpos, _aigroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];
		}
		else
		{
		"Bandit1_DZ" createUnit [_aispawnpos, _aigroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];
		};
		_null = [_aiunit] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_RPG.sqf";
	};

:) Thanks

Another question, I've noticed that the Mine Fields remain after Missions Clean Up...... so, I tried to assign it a name, without having too much knowledge about it, this way:

_minefield = [_loot_pos,east,.50] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FMinefield\FMinefield.sqf";

And then add it to the Clean Up Process:

deleteGroup _minefield;

or

deleteVehicle _minefield;

And guess what?... I didn't work :D :D ...

How can I Clean Up the Mines after missions?

Thank you very much for your answers. I tried to add it again from cero and it worked, and as you said, the AI with RPG only attack vehicles, but it's exactly what I wanted :). I had to create a different Loot SQF file called "FLoot_RPG.sqf" with the proper content to do so, and call it this way:

if (_unit_type == "RPG") then 
    {
		_chance = .50;
		_diceroll = random 1;
		if (_diceroll < _chance) then 
		{
		"BanditW2_DZ" createUnit [_aispawnpos, _aigroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];
		}
		else
		{
		"Bandit1_DZ" createUnit [_aispawnpos, _aigroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];
		};
		_null = [_aiunit] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FLoot\FLoot_RPG.sqf";
	};

:) Thanks

Another question, I've noticed that the Mine Fields remain after Missions Clean Up...... so, I tried to assign it a name, without having too much knowledge about it, this way:

_minefield = [_loot_pos,east,.50] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FMinefield\FMinefield.sqf";

And then add it to the Clean Up Process:

deleteGroup _minefield;

or

deleteVehicle _minefield;

And guess what?... I didn't work :D :D ...

How can I Clean Up the Mines after missions?

As posted a few posts back you have to delete the detectors as well.

As posted a few posts back you have to delete the detectors as well.

Thanks a lot for your answer. However, Im not sure if this code should go in the Clean Up part of every mission..... I added it to that part but the MineField stays after mision clean up.

I added it this way:

//MISION CLEAN UP ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EPOCH_MISSION2_RUNNING = false;
deleteVehicle _loot_box;
deleteVehicle _base;
{ deleteVehicle _x } forEach units _attackgroup;
deleteGroup _attackgroup;

diag_log("MISSION 2: Mine Field Deleted");	

sleep .5;

diag_log("MISSION 2: - Script Finished");	

This is what I am getting with both vehicle and heli patrols:

6:15:16 "FAI Vehicle 1.0: -=HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1_DZ=- Spawned @ Location: [6770.97,12809.2] | Patrol Radius: 100m"
 6:15:16 Error in expression <pletionRadius 20;

if (_i == 0) then
{
_hwp setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";
_hwp se>
 6:15:16   Error position: <_hwp setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";
_hwp se>
 6:15:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: _hwp
 6:15:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_fn_vehiclePatrol.sqf, line 59
 6:15:16 Error in expression <

_vwp = _grp addWaypoint [_wpPos, 0];
_hwp setWaypointType "MOVE";
_hwp setWay>
 6:15:16   Error position: <_hwp setWaypointType "MOVE";
_hwp setWay>
 6:15:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_fn_vehiclePatrol.sqf, line 53

_hwp setWay>
_hwp setWay>
 6:15:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_fn_vehiclePatrol.sqf, line 53

_hwp setWay>
_hwp setWay>

_hwp setWay>
_hwp setWay>
 6:15:16 Error in expression <vate ["_hwp"];
_hwp = _grp addWaypoint [_pos, 0];
_hwp setWaypointType "CYCLE";
>
 6:15:16   Error position: <_pos, 0];
_hwp setWaypointType "CYCLE";
>
 6:15:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
 6:15:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\FAI\FAI_fn_vehiclePatrol.sqf, line 66

nothing obvious is jumping out, it happens with all example missions I have used that spawn vehicles and heli patrols

edit, I noticed your github history, the arrays are named slightly differently.

Hi, I have a problem that it's easier to explain with the picture below.

Sometimes the AI of the missions doesn't spawn inside the marker but kilometers away.... and this can be a problem because a normal player could be easily killed by those T-72 that shouldnt be there :D :D

Now the thing is that this issue is been happening very often lately... I mean, I've seen this happening with all Fmissions from time to time... but lately it happens very often.

Is there something Im doing wrong to produce this issue?

Fmission%20Issue.jpg

the problem is related to the function, which calls the units and vehicles: bis_fnc_findsafepos. this function is spawning the units in the center of the map, if it cant find a safe position. but I have the feeling, that it sometimes just spawns them in the center, wether it could safely spawn them or not.

I removed that function and spawn the units now like DZMS does.

the problem is related to the function, which calls the units and vehicles: bis_fnc_findsafepos. this function is spawning the units in the center of the map, if it cant find a safe position. but I have the feeling, that it sometimes just spawns them in the center, wether it could safely spawn them or not.

I removed that function and spawn the units now like DZMS does.

Umm interesting,

and will that work for Vehicles as well?, because, as far as I know, DZMS doesn't spawn vehicles controlled by AI.

Would you show me an example on how to use DZMS AI spawn funtion within a F Missions?

I didnt say, I use DZMS spawnfunctions. ;)

I use the method, DZMS uses for spawning AI into the mission.

That means: gettin rid of the findsafpos function first and replace the spawncoords of the AI with more defined coords:

_aiunit_spawn_pos = [(_position select 0) + 20,(_position select 1) + 20,0];

works for vehicles too.