FMission

Hi guys is there any way to run this with the wai missions, can I just drop the fmission in the wai mission folder

It runs separate and is called from the epoch events. I run three mission systems and that way they will spawn together. I would think if you just added this to WAI missions it would just add to the mission list in missioncfg. Never done it because i would rather have it spawn separate then that system. I'm sure it could just would take some re-working. 

Make the startup instruction please. Cannot run..

Would definitely need to know what is in the .rpt file to better determine what went wrong. Make sure you follow the fmission instructions.txt in the folder. Make sure to have the launcher in the init.sqf from your mission folder. For example, my events. 

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",10,"Construction"],["any","any","any","any",20,"Treasure"],["any","any","any","any",30,"Supplyitems"],["any","any","any","any",40,"Military"],
["any","any","any","any",6,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",16,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",55,"supply_drop"],
["any","any","any","any",15,"FMission_Launcher1"],
["any","any","any","any",35,"FMission_Launcher2"],
["any","any","any","any",45,"FMission_Launcher3"]];

Hope that helps. Will be testing out yours snakeyes. Thanks for sharing. 

Hey guys sorry I have been a bit busy doing some other stuff. I will update FMission with the codeblock file in a day or so. I had to reload my OS so I am still rebuilding it with all my tools. Also, I am not sure what problems are still active and what you guys have figured out so post any questions or problems and I will answer then as soon as I see them. I will be actively checking the forums over the next few days.

Hey Foamy,

awesome work with the mission system, love it. I was trying to make some of my own missions, worked all well.

I still got one question, 

_base = createVehicle ["Land_fortified_nest_big",_loot_pos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

What else can i use instead of Land_fortified_nest_big?

Could i just use UralWreck for this instead?

Hey Foamy,

awesome work with the mission system, love it. I was trying to make some of my own missions, worked all well.

I still got one question, 

_base = createVehicle ["Land_fortified_nest_big",_loot_pos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

What else can i use instead of Land_fortified_nest_big?

Could i just use UralWreck for this instead?

You certainly can. Just playing around with them. Only certain ones will load. 

Use this link to get the object class names you want to use. 

I've tested a few:

// Add a base?
_base = createVehicle ["USMC_WarfareBLightFactory",_loot_pos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_base setPos _loot_pos;
// Add a base?
_base = createVehicle ["USMC_WarfareBBarracks",_loot_pos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_base setPos _loot_pos;

Detour,

Thanks for the comprehensive list of object class names. It's just what I needed to get moving again.

Your welcome. I use that when i'm doing map edits also. Real helpful. 

I used your wells fargo idea and modified it a bit. Had an issue on the box spawning, had to change lines 169 - 174 from  _targetgroup to _attackgroup because of line 140: _attackgroup = createGroup east;

http://pastebin.com/n9y8zi2w

Works well. Thanks for the idea.  :D

Thanks for the tip. I'll fix the Wells Fargo mission at my end. If it is challenging enough, I may add some gold to the loot available. I was going to make it a briefcase, but I was unsure of the class name at the time.

No worries. GL

I got another problem here, modified the Assasination Mission,

and now there are no NPC spawning around the Base,

only the guards, the AI chopper and the Patrol Vehicle.

Here is the code : http://pastebin.com/tZAYBafk

I modified the loadout of the Bandit unit, Medic unit and Sniper unit.

In another mission there are AI units spawning, with the guns that i gave them + the right ammo,  but they are not reacting to players. They are just walking around and watching around. Any idea what this could cause? 

Thanks in advance.

Another question :

How can i set the npc skill level, so that they are always strong?

Edit

Nevermind, figured out myself.

Hi Guys Loaded this on my server and does load up and run,Only 2 missions Assasination and bank of panth, The others don't seem to spawn even though the RTP says its loaded I get these errors:

11:25:01 Error in expression <oldBar10oz","ItemGoldBar10oz",ItemCanvas","ItemTentDomed","ItemBurlap"]
]
];

_>
11:25:01   Error position: <","ItemTentDomed","ItemBurlap"]
]
];

_>
11:25:01   Error Missing ]
11:25:01 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Hostage_Rescue.sqf, line 83
11:25:01 Error in expression <oldBar10oz","ItemGoldBar10oz",ItemCanvas","ItemTentDomed","ItemBurlap"]
]
];

_>
11:25:01   Error position: <","ItemTentDomed","ItemBurlap"]
]
];

_>
11:25:01   Error Missing ]
11:25:01 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Hostage_Rescue.sqf, line 83
]

This is the mission file part: SmokShellRed is line 83

[

["ItemEtool","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper"],
["SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellGreen","ItemGoldBar10oz","ItemGoldBar10oz","ItemCanvas","ItemTentDomed","ItemBurlap]
]
];

Also get these type of errors on other missions too, on the Wells Fargo one:

12:25:06 Error in expression <ItemMorphine"],
[DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1]
];

_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_se>
12:25:06   Error position: <;

12:25:06   Error Missing ]
12:25:06 File z\addons\dayz_server\addons\Fmission\Missions\M1\Foamy\FMission_M1_Wells Fargo.sqf, line 85
12:25:06 Error in expression <ItemMorphine"],
[DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1]
];

12:25:06   Error position: <;

_loot = _loot_lists call is line 85:

// Loot Box Setup
_loot_box = "GuerillaCacheBox";
_loot_lists = [
[["DMR","Pecheneg_DZ","NVGoggles","Binocular_Vector","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper"],
["20Rnd_762x51_DMR","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemAntibiotic"],
["DZ_Backpack_EP1"]],

[["M4A1_AIM_SD_CAMO","ItemGPS","Binocular","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper"],
["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","ItemSodaRbull"],
["DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1"]],

[["Pecheneg_DZ","BAF_LRR_scoped","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper"],
["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemMorphine"],
[DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1]];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

// Mission Variables
mission_despawn_timer = 1800; // This sets the Timeout if a timer is used.
_wait_time = 900; // This is how long the loot box will stay once it spawns.

Any idea why this is happening it spams the log 100's of times and the missons dont spawn,

Thanks

Great missions from what ive played so far, and looking forward to many more different missions.

Hi I found a couple of errors in 3 missions posted up was this on purpose to stop choppers from spawning ?

WellsFargo Mission:

// Add a Heli Patrol?
_aiHeli = [_aiheli_spawn_pos,_loot_pos,250,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FAI\FMission\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf"; needs swaping around

Bank of Panthera:

// Add a Heli Patrol?

_aiHeli = [_aiheli_spawn_pos,_loot_pos,250,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\-------\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf";  FAI missing

Death Wish:

// Add a Heli Patrol
_aiHeli = [_aiheli_spawn_pos,_loot_pos,250,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FAI\FMission\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf";   needs swapping around

Hi I found a couple of errors in 3 missions posted up was this on purpose to stop choppers from spawning ?

WellsFargo Mission:

// Add a Heli Patrol?

_aiHeli = [_aiheli_spawn_pos,_loot_pos,250,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FAI\FMission\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf"; needs swaping around

Bank of Panthera:

// Add a Heli Patrol?

_aiHeli = [_aiheli_spawn_pos,_loot_pos,250,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FMission\-------\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf";  FAI missing

Death Wish:

// Add a Heli Patrol

_aiHeli = [_aiheli_spawn_pos,_loot_pos,250,"M1"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FAI\FMission\FAI_Create_Heli.sqf";   needs swapping around

Thanks for mentioning that. I noticed it also just got side tracked and forgot to post it here. 

Has been running well for me, just wish i could figure out the humanity part. 

I have noticed sometime we get a mission vehicle a good distance out of the mission zone.  I was looking at the patrol script and I think I see why.  Correct me if I am wrong, I am still new to Arma 2 scripting, but I have worked with many other languages.

The vehicle spawns, then you create the way points.  Each waypoint max distance is based on the previous waypoint.  So if you set a patrol radius of 200m and the script creates 4 waypoints in a direct line, the vehicle could end up 600m away from the mission zone.  

Would it work better to make all of the waypoints based on the spawn location so the vehicle is never too far out of the mission zone?

Current code:

_newPos = [_prevPos, 50, _maxDist, 1, 0, 60 * (pi / 180), 0, _blacklist] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

My suggestion:

_newPos = [_pos, _50, _maxDist, 1, 0, 60 * (pi / 180), 0, _blacklist] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long. Between reloading all my software and settings and my new Altis Life server I am not working actively on FMission. As it stands it's a complete system to make missions so I don't feel pressed to add more. I will still answer questions and add a few things here and there but I think I am about done with it. I am having a lot more fun making stuff for my Altis Life server and for me this is about the fun.

Anyways. I updated the download to include the code block file you guys have been waiting for. Link is in my Sig.

I have noticed sometime we get a mission vehicle a good distance out of the mission zone.  I was looking at the patrol script and I think I see why.  Correct me if I am wrong, I am still new to Arma 2 scripting, but I have worked with many other languages.

The vehicle spawns, then you create the way points.  Each waypoint max distance is based on the previous waypoint.  So if you set a patrol radius of 200m and the script creates 4 waypoints in a direct line, the vehicle could end up 600m away from the mission zone.  

Would it work better to make all of the waypoints based on the spawn location so the vehicle is never too far out of the mission zone?

Current code:

_newPos = [_prevPos, 50, _maxDist, 1, 0, 60 * (pi / 180), 0, _blacklist] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

My suggestion:

_newPos = [_pos, _50, _maxDist, 1, 0, 60 * (pi / 180), 0, _blacklist] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

It already does. Look a few lines up.

_prevPos = _pos;

It already does. Look a few lines up.

_prevPos = _pos;

But that is before the for loop that sets the waypoints, so the first waypoint is based on the spawn location, then the second way point is based on the first waypoint etc.

Not sure if this is related or not. But finding this now in my RPT when I added this script. Does not seem to be a huge issue. But I checked all my logs from the past 30 days and it only comes up when running this script.  

2:09:15 Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male05tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

The error in the RPT is an Arma thing, it hates chopper guns. Occasionally a link will break between textures and sounds and you will get an error. Kind of like the .cfg errors for glasses and such that pop up occasionally. I personally rarely get them, if ever, but I am super OCD about the tuning of my server and the files so my stuff runs stable or it gets fixed or ripped out. Keep in mind I run 1.0.3.1 and developed it under that version, however it uses base Arma mechanics so it shouldn't matter with the newer Epoch version.

Anyways, I don't really see myself making new missions but I will release the ones I already did at some point. I still need to convert them over to FMission from their original code structure however I am not super motivated to do it right now. I am kinda Epoch'd out. I bought Arma 3 and played Altis Life and I'm hooked. I got the code opened up and have a server running and I am having a hay day making stuff for it. This is not to say I won't do more Epoch related stuff, it just means I will only do it if and when I feel like it. I do have to admit there are a couple things I would like to tweak within FMission, which I will most likely do in the next month or so. 

As it sits, the system works great and you guys can make missions to your hearts content. That was why I released it so you guys could take the tools and make your own ideas come to life and I wouldn't have to do it. Work with the tools, watch the tutorial video and experiment. If you make an awesome mission send it to me and I will include it in the mission pack under your own author folder. 

Coming Soon...

Foamy's Altis Life Realism Server

Fair enough man, thanks for the reply and thanks for this great mission system.

One more question, how do i set up static m2 machine guns/dshkm ?

Another question,

how can i set it that the lootbox spawns after all the npc´s are dead, instead of only spawning when the main target is killed?

Fair enough man, thanks for the reply and thanks for this great mission system.

One more question, how do i set up static m2 machine guns/dshkm ?

Another question,

how can i set it that the lootbox spawns after all the npc´s are dead, instead of only spawning when the main target is killed?

To create a static placement just make a map addon sqf file with the created placement in it and launch it from the server.

Look at Hostage rescue for how to setup a loot box that spawns after all targets are dead.