chargedlight1

What kind of server do people like?

On 1/12/2017 at 8:12 AM, juandayz said:

Nice quest. More real as is possible to my. I miss the dayz mod times when looting,hunting was an important thing

So do I. I almost had my server like that, but boy did my players not like that idea. Ended up sticking with a bit easier of a game.

7 hours ago, looter809 said:

So do I. I almost had my server like that, but boy did my players not like that idea. Ended up sticking with a bit easier of a game.

Yea i know everyone want stupid ai. Walking zeds or null zeds :sleep: High loot. And lowers prizes. The easy life

I had an ultra hard server, no traders, crazy ai, but a few world spawn tanks to at least give you chance.Only 3 people ever played it, but they loved it.

Fact is, most people want easy.. easy loot, easy zombies, easy money.

Most of the top servers are the ones that give you a ton of stuff when you start. They are popular because people dont want to work for anything these days.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By EditedSnowHD
      Hy,
      I recently started playing A2 Epoch again after quite some time and the last few days i was wondering were it all started for me..
      Then i remembered (also is in my 'about me' on this forum) that it was a server hosted by a fellow Dutchie named [AOS] Emmen.
      Well my question(s) is/are simple: What was your first ever (long term) server called that you played on? and is it still around to this day? And what made it so special?

I hope you guys can still remember your roots.

• By chargedlight1
      https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/43153-released-custom-spawn-loadout-dependend-on-humanity/#comment-285478

-- OLD THREAT -- SOLVED!

Hello guys,

I have a question about spawning my gear on login. I want my default gear dependend on the amount of humanity. i'm currently working in the file: z\dayz_server\compile\server_playerLogin.sqf
      But i cant get a reach on how to get that variable in the server. I dont know how to atleast. I've tried alot of variables like:
      player getVariable['humanity',0]; which gives me <NULL>
      and trying to debug _playerObj and_primary without luck.. server just crashes without any notification.
      Here was my line of code to debug that:
      diag_log format["object _playerObj: %1",_playerObj]; diag_log format["object _primary: %1",_primary]; does anyone know how to get that humanity variable ? i want to make a switch statement in the if statement here:

if (!_isNew) then { //RETURNING CHARACTER _inventory = _primary select 4; _backpack = _primary select 5; _survival = _primary select 6; _CharacterCoins = _primary select 7; _model = _primary select 8; _group = _primary select 9; _playerCoins = _primary select 10; _BankCoins = _primary select 11; _hiveVer = _primary select 12; if !(_model in AllPlayers) then {_model = "Survivor2_DZ";}; } else { _isInfected = if (DZE_PlayerZed) then {_primary select 3} else {0}; _model = _primary select 4; _group = _primary select 5; _playerCoins = _primary select 6; _BankCoins = _primary select 7; _hiveVer = _primary select 8; if (isNil "_model") then { _model = "Survivor2_DZ"; } else { if (_model == "") then {_model = "Survivor2_DZ";}; }; //Record initial inventory only if not player zombie if (_isInfected != 1) then { _config = configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Inventory" >> "Default"; _mags = getArray (_config >> "magazines"); _wpns = getArray (_config >> "weapons"); _bcpk = getText (_config >> "backpack"); // Switch statement right here if (!isNil "DefaultMagazines") then {_mags = DefaultMagazines;}; if (!isNil "DefaultWeapons") then {_wpns = DefaultWeapons;}; if (!isNil "DefaultBackpack") then {_bcpk = DefaultBackpack;}; //Wait for HIVE to be free _key = format["CHILD:203:%1:%2:%3:",_charID,[_wpns,_mags],[_bcpk,[],[]]]; _key call server_hiveWrite; }; Something like:

if (!_isNew) then { //RETURNING CHARACTER _inventory = _primary select 4; _backpack = _primary select 5; _survival = _primary select 6; _CharacterCoins = _primary select 7; _model = _primary select 8; _group = _primary select 9; _playerCoins = _primary select 10; _BankCoins = _primary select 11; _hiveVer = _primary select 12; if !(_model in AllPlayers) then {_model = "Survivor2_DZ";}; } else { _isInfected = if (DZE_PlayerZed) then {_primary select 3} else {0}; _model = _primary select 4; _group = _primary select 5; _playerCoins = _primary select 6; _BankCoins = _primary select 7; _hiveVer = _primary select 8; if (isNil "_model") then { _model = "Survivor2_DZ"; } else { if (_model == "") then {_model = "Survivor2_DZ";}; }; //Record initial inventory only if not player zombie if (_isInfected != 1) then { _config = configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Inventory" >> "Default"; _mags = getArray (_config >> "magazines"); _wpns = getArray (_config >> "weapons"); _bcpk = getText (_config >> "backpack"); // * CUSTOM LOADOUT SWITCHCASE! * switch (true) do { case(_humanity >= 5000): { DefaultMagazines = ["itemMap" //etc...]; }; }; if (!isNil "DefaultMagazines") then {_mags = DefaultMagazines;}; if (!isNil "DefaultWeapons") then {_wpns = DefaultWeapons;}; if (!isNil "DefaultBackpack") then {_bcpk = DefaultBackpack;}; //Wait for HIVE to be free _key = format["CHILD:203:%1:%2:%3:",_charID,[_wpns,_mags],[_bcpk,[],[]]]; _key call server_hiveWrite; }; };

• By cwilson2424
      Hi everyone I have been searching for a scripting to either teach me to script or to script my server just to get it on its feet. I am looking for someone who can script for an Arma 2 Overpoch server. I have many scripts in mind to add but some examples are the basic self BB, tow/lift, AI missions, Custom load outs and coins and advanced trading. All those kind of basic server scripts. But mainly what my goal was for my server is to make it fully militarized. If anyone is interested in teaching me how to script or scripting my server for me it would be greatly appreciated. (I can be reached by Skype- Milwauke Johnson or just by the epoch DM)
      Thank you.
    • By Medstone
      Hi,
      I'm new for Epoch because I cannot find many servers using AIII launcher. But I choose one and very like this mod. Unfortunately I found only Altis and Tanoa maps, no other like Chernarus for example, which is very good map for Dayz kinda gameplay (for obvious reasons). Why's that?
    • By leegreaves
      Just a quick question. I tried to add two map edits to my server (server side) the other day. When connecting It would hang constantly at Authenticating/Retrying to Authenticate. Would anyone know why this is occurring? I know the sqf files for these map edits are correct as ive checked them multiple times to make sure but still get a hang at authenticating. What I did noticed though was after exiting out of the game (using Task Manager as im basically stuck at authentication stage) my servers RPT log mentions about my character having a character id of 0 (zero) - which I obviously havent as I checked my character data in my database and no characters have an id of 0. Now when I revert the changes back prior to these map additions - I am able to connect successfully as usual. Strange Huh?
      Only thing I can think of is the way im calling it. In my variables.sqf im calling it as execVM "\path\to\map\file.sqf"; Should I try using "[] execVM" instead and place that line at the bottom of my variables.sqf? Im most likely gonna have a go at trying that but im only asking as all my other map additions (and there are around 10 or 12 of them) are working and get loaded. Another thing is I added a diag_log to the bottom of the sqf file that is causing me problems and the server RPT log showed it as loaded. So my conundrum is this map addon is obviously loading but is somehow causing authentication to hang and has a side effect of causing my character to have a character id of 0 in my database - and yet there is no evidence of any character having an id of 0, and of course when i revert any changes made. everything works fine as should do.
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord