Sapper Hell

Palcooky

Also, bug or feature ? i have noticed that sappers don't stop following you if you don't kill it.

example : i looted ferris, sapper spawned and started following me, jumped to boat and drove back to base around 5 km, did nothing else and sapper came after me.

Mells house hosted by YOU!

Qrizz, if you get a certain distance away from a sapper he will go back to his 'home'. If the boat was slow and he was fast there is a chance he could have tracked you. 

Ok, thanks for the info, in that case it was full speed police boat so thats why i was surprised. I will keep eye of them if this "radar tracking" still happens  :lol:

He can't 'see' 5k, more like around 500m before he loses your scent. But if he keeps himself within that range he could track you. He has an element of random wandering, the idea being that he can go into a wander state and you can get away. I could see him potentially tracking that far but, basically, if you move quicker than him you will escape.

He is going through a major overhaul of the code, am keeping his behaviour as close as possible to the current state. The FSM has been split up so his core functions are separate from other functions. Makes him much more responsive and hopefully more performant.

Currently the 'loop' will check all decisions before deciding on one, so he will be considering moving somewhere when he really should be deciding to instantly detonate. There are currently deliberate time delays built in so he's not checking 'every tick' as a fair bit of information is gathered, before he makes a decision, about the environment, player positions, fear / anger levels are adjusted etc.

Now he will be making decisions about walking at the same time as monitoring targets and deciding to detonate, which has also lead to an interesting way to interrupt a doMove.

Also, it does stop some sneaky avoidance tactics :)

Hey axe man just wondering I have a custom built dedi box, :wub: now since the new updated server files and client files I have lag or aka stuttering on the server same scripts as before and I have disabled the ones that are messed up due to the new update just to make sure. Is there a hotfix coming out just letting you no man and thanks for all the hard work man great job.