A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Ok, so I made two vehicle patrols at the NWAF on Chernarus using the editor tool but they aren't spawning. I don't see an error message in the log. Here's what I have in A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf:

["nwaf1",[4700.63,9994,0.00143433],"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",500,[1,1],3] call A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue;
["nwaf2",[4335.71,10609.4,0.00143433],"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",500,[1,1],3] call A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue;

Is this correct?

Make sure you've enabled A3EAI_loadCustomFile (set it to true) in your config file. It's disabled by default and needs to be enabled in order to read the A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf

Has anyone else run into the issue of specific AI groups not doing damage? Such as the ones that spawn in "remote areas"? I'm going to dig through my RPT files tomorrow but I wanted to put it out there in case someone has an easy solution. Thanks in advance!

Additional info:

- Other AI groups from this script work fine

- Previously installed AI missions had all damage functioning

- Major scripts/mods/tools installed parallel to this: Custom Welcome Message, Status Bar and a form of automated restart

- I don't think I've changed any settings in the config to cause this to happen (though I'm open to the possibility that I butchered something seemingly-unrelated)

Have you updated to the newest Epoch server files (Build "B" is the latest). The latest server files have completely fixed the no-AI-damage issues. It should not be possible for specific AI from A3EAI not being able to do damage, they're all spawned and managed using the same processes. They just have varying skill levels or weapon selection probabilities.

By the way, could you clarify what you mean by "spawn on players"?

easiest way to explain as I've witnessed it.

I was at a players base as he had asked to have shelves removed he was stood in the garage doorway and 50m away 2 AI spawned. He was on the island off the north coast. 

Another player had just left the Neochori noob spawn he got 10m out the gate and 2 AI spawned 20m away.

I was in a players base as he wanted to show off his new square doughnut...the AI spawned inside the doughnut..talking 5-6m away

Regarding close spawning: I will see if I can release another update today to help solve the close spawning issues.

Regarding no damage: You can try force-enabling the allowDamage fix included with A3EAI:

1. You will need to un-pbo the A3EAI pbo first. @EpochHive/Addons/A3EAI.pbo
  2. Go to A3EAI/scripts/A3EAI_post_init.sqf
  3. Go to line 128 where you will find this (make the edit indicated):
if (false) then { //Change the (false) to (true)
   _ADP = [] execVM format ['%1\scripts\allowDamage_fix.sqf',A3EAI_directory];
};

After you've made the edit, repack the A3EAI folder into pbo format. If the fix works, then it means that something is setting allowDamage to false for players (definitely not A3EAI).

For blacklisting areas where you don't want AI to go can you do it using coordinates and radius?  I would like to blacklist areas which don't have town names (the spawn points primarily plus trader bases I have added)

I have already tried editing the A3EAI_config.sqf:

A3EAI_waypointBlacklist = ["StarySobor"];

They dynamic ones still seem to spawn on players there though

That's the "waypoint" blacklist which has no effect on dynamic and random spawns, also to use it properly you need to type the name exactly as it is displayed on the map, including spaces.

To block random/dynamic you'll need to use the Editor Tool to create blacklist areas.

I'm getting a server RPT error.  See below.

9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.1.5 Alpha using base path A3EAI."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.0019989 seconds."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: bornholm. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: false. Random: true. Air: false. Land: false."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.039999 seconds."
 9:11:28 Error in expression < setMarkerPos _centerPos;
_centerMarker setMarkerSize [_markerSize,_markerSize];>
 9:11:28   Error position: <setMarkerSize [_markerSize,_markerSize];>
 9:11:28   Error Generic error in expression
 9:11:28 File A3EAI\init\A3EAI_initserver.sqf, line 92

Everything seems to be working alright though.  I didn't think your system even used markers (yet).

I'm getting a server RPT error.  See below.

9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.1.5 Alpha using base path A3EAI."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Verified all A3EAI settings in 0.0019989 seconds."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: bornholm. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: false. Random: true. Air: false. Land: false."
 9:11:28 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.039999 seconds."
 9:11:28 Error in expression < setMarkerPos _centerPos;
_centerMarker setMarkerSize [_markerSize,_markerSize];>
 9:11:28   Error position: <setMarkerSize [_markerSize,_markerSize];>
 9:11:28   Error Generic error in expression
 9:11:28 File A3EAI\init\A3EAI_initserver.sqf, line 92

Everything seems to be working alright though.  I didn't think your system even used markers (yet).

Is that on your Bornholm server? if you look in A3EAI_initserver.sqf there are no map settings for Bornholm, try adding an entry for it.

Is that on your Bornholm server? if you look in A3EAI_initserver.sqf there are no map settings for Bornholm, try adding an entry for it.

Ok that makes sense.  The center pos is easy enough to get, but where's the best place to get the landmass radius value?  Looking at the other maps already in there that's obviously not the worldSize value from the config.cpp.  

I have re-installed the latest version and turned off Dynamic [false] and Random [0].

I've left the Patrol settings to allow 3 Air 4 Land and vehicles left default.

16:20:42 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 1. Respawn Queue: 1 groups queued."
16:20:42 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."

Still not getting the AI patrols and the "Static" is spawning on top of myself and 2 other people testing it (2 Seperate Towns and 1 guy in a field North of map - Altis btw)

Is anyone else having issues with the Patrols? 

I have re-installed the latest version and turned off Dynamic [false] and Random [0].

I've left the Patrol settings to allow 3 Air 4 Land and vehicles left default.

16:20:42 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 1. Respawn Queue: 1 groups queued."
16:20:42 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."

Still not getting the AI patrols and the "Static" is spawning on top of myself and 2 other people testing it (2 Seperate Towns and 1 guy in a field North of map - Altis btw)

Is anyone else having issues with the Patrols? 

Same here, they spawn anyway. For random player 2 AI spawn somewhere on the map

11:04:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 3:16:21. Server FPS: 49.8442 Active AI Groups: 8."
11:04:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 1. Respawn Queue: 1 groups queued."
11:04:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 4. Air Patrols: 2. Land Patrols: 4."

Has been working perfectly since install, and being able to make edits without unpacking, and repacking a .pbo every time is just fantastic. All I did was follow the latest instructions exactly as laid out, and it just worked. I kind of thought it wouldn't as it seemed way too easy to install, but I was wrong, it works perfectly.

11:04:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 3:16:21. Server FPS: 49.8442 Active AI Groups: 8."

11:04:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 1. Respawn Queue: 1 groups queued."

11:04:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 4. Air Patrols: 2. Land Patrols: 4."

Has been working perfectly since install, and being able to make edits without unpacking, and repacking a .pbo every time is just fantastic. All I did was follow the latest instructions exactly as laid out, and it just worked. I kind of thought it wouldn't as it seemed way too easy to install, but I was wrong, it works perfectly.

What edits have you made?

This is installed as per instructions, changes made, added different vehicles (yes commas in the right place) increased Land and Air patrol numbers, stopped Dynamic & random...no patrols. Added Random back in...no patrols.

well I just did a fresh install...still no patrols...

20:52:28 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 0:6:33. Server FPS: 37.6471 Active AI Groups: 1."
20:52:28 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 1. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
20:52:28 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."

changed the land patrols to 6, air to 4 only other change was to:

//["B_Heli_Attack_01_F",2]

Lost_Noob: you commented out the last line, but you probably didn't remove a comma on the line before it. Whenever there is a comma, if there is no element after it, an error will result.

Basically to the game engine it sees an extra comma like this:

[One, two, three,]

There's a comma at the end but nothing after it. So it looks like an incomplete sentence. This example would be correct:

[One, two, three]

If the problem persists even after fixing the comma issue then I need you to use Pastebin to post an exact copy of your A3EAI_config.sqf and your RPT log using debug level 2.

Currently working on the next update to improve spawning positions and avoid cases of spawning too close to players. Affected spawning types: static, dynamic, random, custom.

What custom spawn users need to know: Currently, custom spawns create AI in a very simple manner - find a position within the spawn radius and spawn AI there, regardless of player presence. This update would give custom spawns the same nearby player avoidance as the other spawn types, but if a spawn position can't be found, the AI group will be sent to the respawn queue and created at a later time. If it's a non-respawn custom spawn, the default static respawn timings will be used instead.