A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Since I'v installed A3EAI I have been getting server fps spikes that have been kicking everyone on the server for high ping (800-900 that normally have under 100).

I've shut down Dynamic spawns, cut static spawns down to 8 max spawns with only 1 ai spawned in every group, along with 1 chopper and 2 land patrols but it still spam kicks the entire server at certain points:

16:17:15 "Server FPS below 10! Please keep it over 10 to prevent poor server performance which cause massive desync"
16:17:36 "Server FPS below 10! Please keep it over 10 to prevent poor server performance which cause massive desync"
16:17:52 "A3EAI Cleanup: Cleaned up 3 dead units and 0 destroyed vehicles."
16:17:52 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 3:12:0. Server FPS: 8.21777 Active AI Groups: 5."
16:17:52 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 2 groups queued."
16:17:52 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 8. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: 2."

Removing A3AEI and my Server FPS stays stable between 40-50 fps with no kicks. Been using 0.1.4 and updated to 0.1.5 hoping it would help but same results.

That was with only 5 players on, 3 of which were kicked for high ping about 30 seconds later (happened right before i made the post). Usually running in the mid 20's but players have been getting upset at all the high ping kicks, especially if they are flying a chopper. Removed it again before i made that post and everything has been running smooth again.

Something I REALLY want to have running on my server, but not at the expense of having no players on for.

Since I'v installed A3EAI I have been getting server fps spikes that have been kicking everyone on the server for high ping (800-900 that normally have under 100).

I've shut down Dynamic spawns, cut static spawns down to 8 max spawns with only 1 ai spawned in every group, along with 1 chopper and 2 land patrols but it still spam kicks the entire server at certain points:

16:17:15 "Server FPS below 10! Please keep it over 10 to prevent poor server performance which cause massive desync"

16:17:36 "Server FPS below 10! Please keep it over 10 to prevent poor server performance which cause massive desync"

16:17:52 "A3EAI Cleanup: Cleaned up 3 dead units and 0 destroyed vehicles."

16:17:52 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 3:12:0. Server FPS: 8.21777 Active AI Groups: 5."

16:17:52 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 2 groups queued."

16:17:52 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 8. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: 2."

Removing A3AEI and my Server FPS stays stable between 40-50 fps with no kicks. Been using 0.1.4 and updated to 0.1.5 hoping it would help but same results.

Yep don't try and run this on an old or slow system its very resource demanding.   I have it going full bore and not much of any problem with 10-15 players on at any given time.  Biggest problem I have right now is players getting pissed when AI spawn 2 feet in front or behind them while looting.

Released version 0.2.0 to Github just now.

A3EAI 0.2.0 Alpha Changelog

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo
A3EAI_config.sqf

[NEW] Custom spawns are now queued similar to static and random spawns to even out server load during spawning.
[FIXED] Fixed issue related internal reference marker for unrecognized maps.
[CHANGED] Added LOS/distance checks to custom spawns/respawns. If LOS/distance checks fail due to player presence, spawn is sent to respawn queue with halved respawn timings.
[CHANGED] Re-added distance checks in addition to LOS checks to prevent cases of AI spawning too close to players.
[CHANGED] Modified LOS checks to account for z-axis of destination position.
[CHANGED] All modular building items now act as a small area blacklist against dynamic and random spawns.
[CHANGED] Improved checking of weapon classnames.
[CHANGED] Adjusted default Krypto loot amounts.

Link to Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

To all users who use custom spawns, I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the new LOS/distance checks for custom spawns. There are a few potential issues I can see:

1. Players could intentionally block custom spawns by lucky positioning. You could say "Well, spawn the AI in anyway!", but then there would be people saying "AI spawning in my face!"
  2. Custom-spawned AI can now appear up to 200m away from their specified spawn position, but they will move to their defined patrol areas afterwards. This was a necessary change for cases where the patrol areas are very small. For example, a 25m-wide custom spawn area would be easily blocked by a player if they simply stood within 25m. A 200m radius would help prevent a single player from blocking a spawn. This would be a problem for custom spawn areas within enclosed spaces, such as an island with another separated land mass within 200m. The solution I have in reserve is simply have the spawn radius match the patrol radius at first, then increase the spawn radius in increments with each failure until it needs to be sent to the respawn queue.
  3. Queuing up custom spawns means that if you have a large number of custom spawns on your server (ie: 20+) players who manage to log into the custom spawn area before the AI spawn in could block the spawns. You could say "well, don't queue them then! Spawn them in immediately", then you run into potential performance issues when a large number of custom spawns are activated simultaneously.

To everyone who managed to download 0.2.0 between the time I posted and now, I've just caught undefined variables affecting the dynamic and random spawns. If you encounter any problems, be sure to update to 0.2.1.

Sorry about this.

Released version 0.2.0 to Github just now.

Link to Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Can you explane , how to add custom spawn points here, and how it works:

/*
	A3EAI Custom Spawn Definitions File

Instructions: In order for A3EAI to load this file on startup, you must set in A3EAI_config.sqf under the "A3EAI Settings" section:

A3EAI_loadCustomFile = true;

//----------------------------Add your custom spawn and dynamic area blacklist definitions below this line ----------------------------*/

To everyone using custom spawns, please be aware that the custom spawns are not 100% stable at the moment and are currently being worked on. So don't use them for any high-risk tasks such as guarding high-value loot. The next update will solve issue(s) I've found with custom spawns. A3EAI will be going through some significant changes during this time so users should be aware that features could break without warning.

To everyone using custom spawns, please be aware that the custom spawns are not 100% stable at the moment and are currently being worked on. So don't use them for any high-risk tasks such as guarding high-value loot. The next update will solve issue(s) I've found with custom spawns. A3EAI will be going through some significant changes during this time so users should be aware that features could break without warning.

yep. testing now. They wont respawn, config are 300 sec but 10 minutes and they wont come back)

yep. testing now. They wont respawn, config are 300 sec but 10 minutes and they wont come back)

If players are considered "too close" when the respawn is supposed to happen, the respawn won't go through and it will be retried at a later time. That's why I'm concerned about the possibility of players "blocking" custom spawns. This is something that will remain an issue even after the fixes.

Yep don't try and run this on an old or slow system its very resource demanding.   I have it going full bore and not much of any problem with 10-15 players on at any given time.  Biggest problem I have right now is players getting pissed when AI spawn 2 feet in front or behind them while looting.

haha, yeah! Trying to successfully loot a crate is quite the challenge now with all the AI anywhere, and everywhere. The FEAR is back..Love it!

If players are considered "too close" when the respawn is supposed to happen, the respawn won't go through and it will be retried at a later time. That's why I'm concerned about the possibility of players "blocking" custom spawns. This is something that will remain an issue even after the fixes.

Not only  when player are too close to spawn point they dont work, after i die, was 3 km near zone, run closer but they dont spawn, so if they despawn, after AI wont spawn, you are close or far way!

Respawning only AI, if they was killed before.

I will try with despawn time lets say  3600 

@Face -- Ok thanks.

Is it in the works for them to parachute out to reinforce ground units? We get the radio calls that a helicopter is in route.

Something may eventually be planned but it's a long way down on the to do list. The helicopter reinforcement is intended to be used with armed helis only so having unarmed helis will cause them to just hang around doing nothing.

Something may eventually be planned but it's a long way down on the to do list. The helicopter reinforcement is intended to be used with armed helis only so having unarmed helis will cause them to just hang around doing nothing.

Ok thanks Face, and hats off to you, was a big fan of DZAI and so far A3EAI is batting 100.

Every time we have had a chopper inbound, it seems as though they drop off ground support. They might not be actually "dropping off" soldiers, but soldiers do arrive before they make another pass. Also those Ghost Hawks..damn things are armored like no other. I guess the easiest way to bring them down is a hit to the rotors, otherwise I hope you have about 15 clips of APDS rounds for your M107

Regarding close spawning: I will see if I can release another update today to help solve the close spawning issues.

Regarding no damage: You can try force-enabling the allowDamage fix included with A3EAI:

1. You will need to un-pbo the A3EAI pbo first. @EpochHive/Addons/A3EAI.pbo
  2. Go to A3EAI/scripts/A3EAI_post_init.sqf
  3. Go to line 128 where you will find this (make the edit indicated):
if (false) then { //Change the (false) to (true)
   _ADP = [] execVM format ['%1\scripts\allowDamage_fix.sqf',A3EAI_directory];
};

After you've made the edit, repack the A3EAI folder into pbo format. If the fix works, then it means that something is setting allowDamage to false for players (definitely not A3EAI).

With the new 2.1 update. Do we still need to make this change?