A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

No RPT logs for radio messages as far as I know. Just find a static/random (custom should also work) AI group with at least 2-3 units and kill one to have them pursue/radio. Lone units will produce the radio chatter sound but no visible text.

Killing a member of an AI group will send them into a "pursuit state" which will produce this in the rpt log (this is when radio messages should begin):

"A3EAI Debug: Group R Alpha 3-2 has entered pursuit state for 180 seconds. Target: B Alpha 1-1:1 (Default Face) REMOTE. (fn_findKiller)"

Dynamic AI will only enter pursuit state on group member death if they are the non-seeking type. If they're seeking-type, they should produce radio messages on their own.

18:18:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 0:13:14. Server FPS: 48.1928 Active AI Groups: 0."

18:18:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
18:18:57 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 15. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."
18:20:57 Error in expression 0} &&
{!((_spawnPos nearObjects ["Construct>
18:20:57 Error position: <&&
{!((_spawnPos nearObjects ["Construct>
18:20:57 Error &&: Type code, expected Bool
18:20:57 File A3EAI\compile\A3EAI_unit_spawning\A3EAI_spawn_dynamic.sqf, line 48
18:23:58 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 0:18:15. Server FPS: 50.3145 Active AI Groups: 0."
18:23:58 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
18:23:58 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 15. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."
18:28:58 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 0:23:15. Server FPS: 48.048 Active AI Groups: 0."
18:28:58 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
18:28:58 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 15. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."

"],1500])>

Anyone have this error yet?  Looks like a expected Boolean in the dynamic spawner

I'm up to my eyeballs in work tonight, but I will be looking into all known issues tomorrow evening: custom spawns, LOS checks, AI spawning too close, etc.

Edit: AI spawning too close issue is confirmed for Random spawns. Recommend setting A3EAI_maxRandomSpawns = 0; in your A3EAI_config.sqf until version 0.2.2 is released. Static and Dynamic spawns should be unaffected and bug-free (except for the issue above my post).

Updated and working great on my Whoville Epoch Server.. Thanks again.. Donation inbound!

Glad to hear it's working out for you and thank you for your support. Be sure to grab the upcoming update to fix the issues I listed above when it is released, it should be completed and released sometime within the next 24-48 hours depending on how busy I am (this is a hectic week for me).

So far I haven't seen any radio messages from the AI. Perhaps I just haven't gotten into a situation where they'd use the radio, but is there anything written in the log when the AI send a radio message? I have debug level set to 2.

Radio messaging is ok, I got it engaging a 3 AI group on your Cherno server.

@face

Could you add a couple config settings (options) to make the Heli  have no gunners and crash when it is within x meters of a player. I changed this on mine but would have to change it with every update you do. basically give me the option of dynamic heli crash vs AI heli patrol. 

Maybe this could be either way... with a random chance of turning into a crash? idk just an idea i had. :)

@face

Could you add a couple config settings (options) to make the Heli have no gunners and crash when it is within x meters of a player. I changed this on mine but would have to change it with every update you do. basically give me the option of dynamic heli crash vs AI heli patrol.

Maybe this could be either way... with a random chance of turning into a crash? idk just an idea i had. :)

Check your config, there's already options to specify how many gunners to use, or none.

Just wanted to make a general announcement regarding user suggestions:

First off, I know everyone has new ideas on what to add or change about A3EAI. This is a great thing since it means that people have interest in pitching in ideas to the development of A3EAI. An addon that nobody gives their thoughts about is an addon that nobody cares about. Many features of A3EAI/DZAI were influenced by and brought to existence thanks to user suggestions: random and dynamic AI spawns, air vehicle patrols followed by land vehicle patrols, custom spawns, and a whole bunch that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I want to let everyone know that I read and consider every single idea that has been put forward, but I also have to stress the following things:

1. Not every idea will be implemented. It might not necessarily be because the idea is "bad", I may think some more thought and planning is needed.
  2. The idea may be implemented at a later time.
  3. The idea may be implemented in a different form.
  4. I might not respond to every single suggestion. I may be giving it some thought or I may keep it in mind for the future.

A3EAI is different from a lot of script packages in that it is (or tries to be) an all-in-one-package that tries to "do it all". This means that a lot of things are interconnected in different ways, and modifying one thing may break another seemingly unrelated thing. So, each change has to be made with consideration about how it can potentially affect the entire system as a whole. Example - adding the queuing system to the custom spawn system and adding LOS/distance checks broke the random spawns and possibly other spawn types. I'm trying my best to do damage control right now and fix the "leak" before the "ship" sinks.

Right now I'm focusing on developing A3EAI into something that is 100% stable and reliable and we still have a long way to go. Two years ago when I was still working on DZAI, my ultimate goal at the time was to make it adaptable to every single map without the need for spawn config files (making these files take a long time to make, test, and adjust), and I thought that was downright impossible. Now, A3EAI has achieved the "impossible" and no longer requires map config files - just throw it at any map and it will work. The next "impossible" goal for A3EAI is to give it yet another overhaul to support both dedicated and headless clients without forking it into two different projects. As you can see, A3EAI has a long, long, long way until it is considered a good "finished" product.

To summarize:

1. User requests are a good thing and I read every single one and give it serious consideration.
  2. I may not respond to every single request individually. This does not mean the idea is bad at all. I just take a long time to plan things out (think ents from Lord of the Rings).
  3. There's still a lot left to do to make A3EAI into a stable and reliable product.

I've released the A3EAI version 0.2.2 on Github. It contains fixes to most, if not all, of the bugs reported so far along with a few I discovered myself. Changelog is below.

A3EAI 0.2.2 Alpha

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo

[FIXED] Fixed issue with dynamic AI player-hunting and AI killer-hunting scripts becoming permanently stuck in certain situations.
[FIXED] Fixed issue related to custom spawns not working in certain situations.
[FIXED] Fixed "spawning too close" issue for random spawns.
[FIXED] Fixed error related to dynamic AI spawning.
[CHANGED] If AI killer target has logged out, AI will search last known position for any other possible targets.
[CHANGED] Unarmed helicopters will no longer be summoned as reinforcements for dynamic AI (for the time being).
[CHANGED] Failed custom spawns due to player proximity have respawn timings set to 25% of normal value instead of 50%.
[CHANGED] Failed custom respawns due to player proximity now re-attempt spawning with gradually increasing spawn radius.
[CHANGED] Reduced distance for player proximity check for custom spawns. LOS check distance remains unchanged.
[CHANGED] Auto static spawn generator should now consider more areas "acceptable" for creating static spawns.

Link to A3EAI Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

I been playing this on lan for a few days now in cherarusplus with no problems, I love it, I would love to see the guys run in the houses and up the steps so I can shoot at them from outside and maybe have a few spawn in houses and start sniping ppl, btw I also have tws_mod civ's running around what can I do to make the bandits attack and target these guys also?

I been playing this on lan for a few days now in cherarusplus with no problems, I love it, I would love to see the guys run in the houses and up the steps so I can shoot at them from outside and maybe have a few spawn in houses and start sniping ppl, btw I also have tws_mod civ's running around what can I do to make the bandits attack and target these guys also?

The default AI behavior already allows them to enter and investigate houses without any action from A3EAI. I know this because there have been a few situations where I'm going between houses then suddenly get shot in the face when I enter the door. The AI should also investigate any lootable objects within a certain distance of their waypoints but I haven't yet confirmed if it's working as intended.

Spawning in buildings is tricky since A3 has some buildings that are completely enclosed, meaning if AI spawn inside, they're permanently stuck inside until they're killed. That is why A3EAI specifically checks that spawn positions are not in/on buildings. The AI do seem smart enough to use balconies sometimes, I've been sniped by one myself. I didn't expect that AI could use balconies so obviously I died. If it is possible to spawn AI inside buildings without causing them to spawn inside those problematic buildings, it is something that I could look into in the future.

Getting AI vs AI action is more complicated/impossible in A3 Epoch since we're limited to using the "Resistance" side for AI. The other 3 sides (East/West/Civilian) are used for players, and using those sides for AI will open up a can of worms. Units on the same side can't attack each other as far as I know. There are scripting commands to force an AI unit to be hostile to everyone but this prevents them from working in groups.

There are scripting commands to force an AI unit to be hostile to everyone but this prevents them from working in groups.

Could that possibly be fixed with the upcoming 'setGroup' commands being added in a "coming soon" build of Arma 3 mentioned in the latest SITREP report?  It would be cool if when a group spawns in it becomes it's own...well...group, with allegiance only to itself.  Then you could do some really cool stuff with true 'hero' and 'bandit' AI.