A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Is there any way of having ai take notice of player built items? ie. not being able to walk through and shoot through items.

That's not something that can be changed through scripting. It's not as easy as simply calling a command to magically make AI see things, editing basic AI behavior is only something the ArmA3 developers can do. Player-built objects and the construction system are under the control of Epoch devs. All A3EAI does is spawn AI.

Videos of A3EAI would be amazing. When I was developing DZAI, I've always searched YouTube for videos with DZAI in action. It often helps me see things from a player's perspective and helps development along.

Also A3EAI 0.1.5 alpha will be released soon with some more fixes.

I will start to put some up soon and for now i just updated to 0.1.4 lol

I installed A3EAI and then played for several hours on the Altis map this afternoon. A3EAI brings the A3 Epoch world alive with plenty of action. The AI killed my player a few times while I tried different tactics so it's challenging. Any chance that you will add the AI radio chatter like there is in DZAI? Excellent work on this mod Face. Thank you for your efforts.

:)

I installed A3EAI and then played for several hours on the Altis map this afternoon. A3EAI brings the A3 Epoch world alive with plenty of action. The AI killed my player a few times while I tried different tactics so it's challenging. Any chance that you will add the AI radio chatter like there is in DZAI? Excellent work on this mod Face. Thank you for your efforts.

:)

The client side radio addon is included with the A3EAI package and has the same functionality as DZAI. The install step is slightly different so make sure you double check your install instructions.

Videos of A3EAI would be amazing. When I was developing DZAI, I've always searched YouTube for videos with DZAI in action. It often helps me see things from a player's perspective and helps development along.

Also A3EAI 0.1.5 alpha will be released soon with some more fixes.

Don't do Youtube but if you wanna check out your AI mod on my server live streaming here ya go http://www.twitch.tv/corkitromano

Excellent work and amazing AI.

However in my RPT it shows this:

2:44:17 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 0:12:9. Server FPS: 50.1567 Active AI Groups: 1."
 2:44:17 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 1. Respawn Queue: 1 groups queued."
 2:44:17 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."

And in the sq file I have Random on, Dynamic on and Static on.
I also have 3 Air Patrols set and 5 Land Patrols...they just don't work...any ideas?

Plus I had it working a while ago then added custom vehicles/choppers so players could identify them instead of the Pawnee and Comanche...that didn't work so set it back to default vehicles...and nothing.

@Lost_Noob: Make sure you've edited both A3EAI_maxHeliPatrols and A3EAI_maxLandPatrols to a number above zero, because that sets the cap on the total number of vehicles of each type. In A3EAI_heliList and A3EAI_vehList, you'll also need to make sure that a non-zero amount has been set to at least one vehicle.

What I personally do to turn on vehicle spawns is just set maxHeliPatrols and maxLandPatrols to something above zero and I've never had anything unexpected happen.

If you're still stuck, paste a copy of your A3EAI_config.sqf to Pastebin and link it here.

@Face

I just had 2 AI randomly spawn in the middle of nowhere while I was checkiing out the rpt logs. This is what I saw in the log:

3:04:18 "A3EAI Cleanup: Cleaned up 2 dead units and 0 destroyed vehicles."
 3:04:18 "A3EAI Monitor :: Server Uptime: 0:32:10. Server FPS: 49.5356 Active AI Groups: 1."
 3:04:18 "A3EAI Monitor :: Static Spawns: 0. Respawn Queue: 0 groups queued."
 3:04:18 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 0. Land Patrols: 0."

I have set the below sections to above  0 as mentioned - snip in spoiler:

Air

//Global maximum number of active AI air vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).
A3EAI_maxHeliPatrols = 3;

//Classnames of air vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn.
A3EAI_heliList = [
["B_Heli_Light_01_F",5],
["B_Heli_Transport_01_F",5],
["O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F",2]
["I_Heli_Transport_02_F",2]
["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F",2]

Land

//Global maximum number of active AI land vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).
A3EAI_maxLandPatrols = 5;

//Classnames of land vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn.
A3EAI_vehList = [
["C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",5],
["C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",5],
["C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",5],
["C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",5],
["B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",5],
["B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",5],
["B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",5],
["B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",5]

Sorry bout being a pain in the butt...but it's confusing the hell outa me...

Looks like the problem is you're missing several commas in A3EAI_heliList, after the 3rd and 4th vehicle line.

Dam beat me to it FACE!

Great f'n work man. Im loving this AI system without a doubt.

Ive got it setup alongside several other mods and it works beautifully.

Original setup with choppers was really OP but still fun to do a 10m TP while the Blackfoot is chasing you across the map!

I will add that if anyone takes a deeper look into this system you will find some really kewl stuff he did.

Cant wait for MORE upgrades and updates

The missing commas would definitely prevent the vehicles from spawning properly since formatting errors prevent the .sqf from being from the point of the error onward. (Edit Correction: any formatting errors would prevent the entire file from being read. If that happens, A3EAI's built-in settings checker will revert settings to their default values).

Ok, so I made two vehicle patrols at the NWAF on Chernarus using the editor tool but they aren't spawning. I don't see an error message in the log. Here's what I have in A3EAI_custom_defs.sqf:

["nwaf1",[4700.63,9994,0.00143433],"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",500,[1,1],3] call A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue;
["nwaf2",[4335.71,10609.4,0.00143433],"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",500,[1,1],3] call A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue;

Is this correct?

Has anyone else run into the issue of specific AI groups not doing damage? Such as the ones that spawn in "remote areas"? I'm going to dig through my RPT files tomorrow but I wanted to put it out there in case someone has an easy solution. Thanks in advance!

Additional info:
- Other AI groups from this script work fine
- Previously installed AI missions had all damage functioning
- Major scripts/mods/tools installed parallel to this: Custom Welcome Message, Status Bar and a form of automated restart
- I don't think I've changed any settings in the config to cause this to happen (though I'm open to the possibility that I butchered something seemingly-unrelated)