Shizo_Phrenix

[Request] Other garage doors than standard wood/metal door?

Good morning from Austria,

is in epoch any other garage door available than the standard wood/metal doors?

It's just about driving into the base with a MTVR or URAL Truck. The only truck who fits is the V3S. 

Same issues with the Armored Hummer. No chance to geht in (because the weapon is too high).

Any chances to fix that?

I just want to park every car in my garage - if it's possible?!

Thanks!

Cheers Shizo

One page up will not create a nasty gap and urals will fit in the opening.

but what do you do with the gap on the floor? sandbags? 

i've tried it and it looks.....i've to get used to....

i mean - if you put a normal wall next to the large wall with the door it looks nasty but putting it higher looks.....strange^^

and if you want to have a second floor there's no chance to fit the walls above.

i just thought there's maybe an addon like "swing doors" or something like that. We r working with the normal snapping tool - i think we should try the snapp build pro + vector building.

Thanks for the answers and happy playing :)

cheers Shizo

Snap Build Pro with Vectors and Precise Base Building and your players will be in heaven! 

I have personally seen a replica Star Trek Enterprise base, an aircraft carrier made out of wood walls, floors and ramps, an entire massive castle and a giant letter S made with the help of these 3 programs :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By salival
      Hi guys,
      Here's an in vehicle garage door opener I wrote a while ago, Original idea was from Sanbird.
      It will scan while you're inside a vehicle for either a locked cinder or a locked wooden door, providing you have access to it, it will allow you to open/close it from inside the car.
      https://github.com/oiad/garageDoorOpener
    • By JakeQue
      Hi guys, need a few updates for the vehicle garage if possible. I need to limit the amount of vehicles per player... 

Also need to stop overpowered vehicles being stored in the garage. I have updated my player_storeVehicle.sqf with the following code but it's not working, it still stores them : 

// Developed by [GZA] David for German Zombie Apocalypse Servers (https://zombieapo.eu/) private["_unit","_obj","_wogear","_charID","_objectID","_keyavailable","_keyColor","_added","_objectUID","_key","_class","_noStore"]; if(lbCurSel 3802 == -1) exitWith {hint "No Vehicle selected"}; _unit = player; _obj = StoreVehicleList select (lbCurSel 3802); StoreVehicleList = nil; _wogear = _this select 0; closeDialog 0; _noStore = _obj in ["AH64D"]; if (_noStore) exitWith { cutText ["Woah, that vehicle is too overpowered. You can't store that here!", "PLAIN DOWN"]; }; _charID = _obj getVariable ["CharacterID","0"]; _objectID = _obj getVariable ["ObjectID","0"]; _objectUID = _obj getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"]; if (_objectID == "1") exitWith {cutText ["Can not store mission vehicle.", "PLAIN DOWN"];}; // Check for mission vehicle WAI Script _keyavailable = false; _keyColor = ["ItemKeyYellow","ItemKeyBlue","ItemKeyRed","ItemKeyGreen","ItemKeyBlack"]; if(_charID != "0") then { { if (configName(inheritsFrom(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) in _keyColor) then { if (str(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "keyid")) == _charID) then { _key = _x; _keyavailable = true; }; }; } count (items _unit); } else {_keyavailable = true;}; if (!_keyavailable) exitWith {cutText ["You need the key of the vehicle.", "PLAIN DOWN"];}; _added = false; if (!_wogear) then { _added = [player, Pricegear] call SC_fnc_removeCoins; } else {_added = true;}; Pricegear = nil; if(!_added) exitWith {cutText ["You don't have enough money.", "PLAIN DOWN"];}; if(_charID != "0") then { [_unit,_key] call BIS_fnc_invRemove; cutText ["Key removed!", "PLAIN DOWN"]; }; _obj setvehiclelock "locked"; PVDZE_storeVehicle = [_obj, _unit, _wogear]; publicVariableServer "PVDZE_storeVehicle"; waitUntil {!isNil "PVDZE_storeVehicleResult"}; PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [_objectID,_objectUID,_unit]; publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Destroy"; deleteVehicle _obj; PVDZE_storeVehicleResult = nil; sleep 2; cutText ["Stored Vehicle in Garage.", "PLAIN DOWN"]; Also would be nice to maybe implement an sql event which removes them out the garage after 14 days if anyone could write that? 

Merci ! xD
    • By Kimzer
      Hey! I need some help merging the vehicle garage script with the doormanagement. 
      As far as i can tell they will conflict in server_updateObject.sqf

The below is mine with doormanagement and vehicle paint added. And the last bit of code in this topic is from Overheat's github.
      Can anyone help me put the changes for vehicle garage in?
      private ["_object","_type","_objectID","_uid","_lastUpdate","_needUpdate","_object_position","_object_inventory","_object_damage","_isNotOk","_parachuteWest","_firstTime","_object_killed","_object_repair","_isbuildable"]; _object = _this select 0; if (isNull(_object)) exitWith {diag_log format["Skipping Null Object: %1", _object]}; _type = _this select 1; _parachuteWest = ((typeOf _object == "ParachuteWest")||(typeOf _object == "ParachuteC")); _isbuildable = (typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects; _isNotOk = false; _firstTime = false; _objectID = _object getVariable ["ObjectID","0"]; _uid = _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"]; if ((typeName _objectID != "string")||(typeName _uid != "string")) then { diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]); _objectID = "0"; _uid = "0"; }; if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then { if ((_objectID == "0")&&(_uid == "0")) then { _object_position = getPosATL _object; _isNotOk = true; }; }; if (_isNotOk and _isbuildable) exitWith {}; _lastUpdate = _object getVariable ["lastUpdate",time]; _needUpdate = (if (_object in update_whitelist) then {false} else {_object in needUpdate_objects}); /* Vehicle Paint Start */ _object_position = { private["_position","_worldspace","_fuel","_key","_colour","_colour2"]; _position = getPosATL _object; if (_object isKindOf "AllVehicles") then { _colour = _object getVariable ["Colour","0"]; _colour2 = _object getVariable ["Colour2","0"]; _worldspace = [ round(direction _object), _position, _colour, _colour2 ]; _fuel = fuel _object; } else { _worldspace = [ round(direction _object), _position ]; _fuel = 0; }; _key = format["CHILD:305:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_worldspace,_fuel]; //diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key)); _key call server_hiveWrite; }; /* Vehicle Paint End */ /* Door Management Start */ _object_inventory = { private["_inventory","_previous","_key"]; _isNormal = true; if (typeOf (_object)in DZE_DoorsLocked) then{ _isNormal = false; _inventory = _object getVariable ["doorfriends", []]; }; if(_isNormal)then { _inventory = [ getWeaponCargo _object, getMagazineCargo _object, getBackpackCargo _object ]; }; _previous = str(_object getVariable["lastInventory",[]]); if (str(_inventory) != _previous) then { _object setVariable["lastInventory",_inventory]; if (_objectID == "0") then { _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory]; } else { _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory]; }; _key call server_hiveWrite; }; }; /* Door Management End */ /* [_object,_type] spawn server_updateObject; */ private ["_object","_type","_objectID","_uid","_lastUpdate","_needUpdate","_object_position","_object_inventory","_object_damage","_isNotOk","_parachuteWest","_firstTime","_object_killed","_object_repair","_isbuildable","_garagelist"]; _object = _this select 0; if(isNull(_object)) exitWith {diag_log format["Skipping Null Object: %1", _object];}; if ((typeOf _object) in DZE_Garage) then {_garagelist = _this select 2;}; _type = _this select 1; _parachuteWest = ((typeOf _object == "ParachuteWest") || (typeOf _object == "ParachuteC")); _isbuildable = (typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects; _isNotOk = false; _firstTime = false; _objectID = _object getVariable ["ObjectID","0"]; _uid = _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"]; if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then { diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]); _objectID = "0"; _uid = "0"; }; if (!_parachuteWest && !(locked _object)) then { if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then { _object_position = getPosATL _object; _isNotOk = true; }; }; if (_isNotOk && _isbuildable) exitWith {}; if (_isNotOk) exitWith { deleteVehicle _object; diag_log(format["Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at pos [%2,%3,%4]",typeOf _object,_object_position select 0,_object_position select 1, _object_position select 2]); }; _lastUpdate = _object getVariable ["lastUpdate",time]; _needUpdate = _object in needUpdate_objects; _object_position = { private["_position","_worldspace","_fuel","_key","_colour","_colour2"]; _position = getPosATL _object; if (_object isKindOf "AllVehicles") then { _colour = _object getVariable ["Colour","0"]; _colour2 = _object getVariable ["Colour2","0"]; _worldspace = [ round(direction _object), _position, _colour, _colour2 ]; _fuel = fuel _object; } else { _worldspace = [ round(direction _object), _position ]; _fuel = 0; }; _key = format["CHILD:305:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_worldspace,_fuel]; //diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key)); _key call server_hiveWrite; }; _object_inventory = { private["_inventory","_previous","_key"]; if ((typeOf _object) in DZE_Garage) then { if (isNil "_garagelist") then { _garagelist = _object getVariable ["StoredVehicles",[]]; }; if (_objectID == "0") then { _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_garagelist]; } else { _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_garagelist]; }; _key call server_hiveWrite; } else { _inventory = [ getWeaponCargo _object, getMagazineCargo _object, getBackpackCargo _object ]; _previous = str(_object getVariable["lastInventory",[]]); if (str(_inventory) != _previous) then { _object setVariable["lastInventory",_inventory]; if (_objectID == "0") then { _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory]; } else { _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory]; }; //diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key)); _key call server_hiveWrite; }; }; }; _object_damage = { private["_hitpoints","_array","_hit","_selection","_key","_damage"]; if ((typeOf _object) in DZE_Garage) then { _damage = damage _object; _array = _object getVariable ["GarageFriends",[]]; } else { _hitpoints = _object call vehicle_getHitpoints; _damage = damage _object; _array = []; { _hit = [_object,_x] call object_getHit; _selection = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _object) >> "HitPoints" >> _x >> "name"); if (_hit > 0) then {_array set [count _array,[_selection,_hit]]}; _object setHit ["_selection", _hit]; } count _hitpoints; }; _key = format["CHILD:306:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_array,_damage]; //diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key)); _key call server_hiveWrite; _object setVariable ["needUpdate",false,true]; }; _object_killed = { private["_hitpoints","_array","_hit","_selection","_key","_damage"]; _hitpoints = _object call vehicle_getHitpoints; //_damage = damage _object; _damage = 1; _array = []; { _hit = [_object,_x] call object_getHit; _selection = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _object) >> "HitPoints" >> _x >> "name"); if (_hit > 0) then {_array set [count _array,[_selection,_hit]]}; _hit = 1; _object setHit ["_selection", _hit]; } count _hitpoints; if (_objectID == "0") then { _key = format["CHILD:306:%1:%2:%3:",_uid,_array,_damage]; } else { _key = format["CHILD:306:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_array,_damage]; }; //diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key)); _key call server_hiveWrite; _object setVariable ["needUpdate",false,true]; if ((count _this) > 2) then { _killer = _this select 2; _charID = _object getVariable ['CharacterID','0']; _objID = _object getVariable['ObjectID','0']; _objUID = _object getVariable['ObjectUID','0']; _worldSpace = getPosATL _object; if (getPlayerUID _killer != "") then { _name = if (alive _killer) then { name _killer; } else { format["OBJECT %1", _killer]; }; diag_log format["Vehicle killed: Vehicle %1 (TYPE: %2), CharacterID: %3, ObjectID: %4, ObjectUID: %5, Position: %6, Killer: %7 (UID: %8)", _object, (typeOf _object), _charID, _objID, _objUID, _worldSpace, _name, (getPlayerUID _killer)]; } else { diag_log format["Vehicle killed: Vehicle %1 (TYPE: %2), CharacterID: %3, ObjectID: %4, ObjectUID: %5, Position: %6", _object, (typeOf _object), _charID, _objID, _objUID, _worldSpace]; }; }; }; _object_repair = { private["_hitpoints","_array","_hit","_selection","_key","_damage"]; _hitpoints = _object call vehicle_getHitpoints; _damage = damage _object; _array = []; { _hit = [_object,_x] call object_getHit; _selection = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _object) >> "HitPoints" >> _x >> "name"); if (_hit > 0) then {_array set [count _array,[_selection,_hit]]}; _object setHit ["_selection", _hit]; } count _hitpoints; _key = format["CHILD:306:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_array,_damage]; //diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key)); _key call server_hiveWrite; _object setVariable ["needUpdate",false,true]; }; _object setVariable ["lastUpdate",time,true]; switch (_type) do { case "all": { call _object_position; call _object_inventory; call _object_damage; }; case "position": { if (!(_object in needUpdate_objects)) then { //diag_log format["DEBUG Position: Added to NeedUpdate=%1",_object]; needUpdate_objects set [count needUpdate_objects, _object]; }; }; case "gear": { call _object_inventory; }; case "damage": { if ( (time - _lastUpdate) > 5) then { call _object_damage; } else { if (!(_object in needUpdate_objects)) then { //diag_log format["DEBUG Damage: Added to NeedUpdate=%1",_object]; needUpdate_objects set [count needUpdate_objects, _object]; }; }; }; case "killed": { call _object_killed; }; case "repair": { call _object_damage; }; };
    • By Hunt3r
      Hello,
      After wasting many Cinder garage doors due to not placing them the way i wanted them to be facing, I wanted to 
      Ask you all if there is any Way to know what direction a door is facing when placing? 
      Would be a good idea to add an green arrow showing this when placing...

*Note, when using snap-pro it does it automatically so is impossible to tell!
    • By Liqu1dShadow
      Now I don't like the idea of indestructible bases before we start :) but this building system means any holes in your base are going to be a nightmare to patch up sometimes impossible as I found out by being forced to remove a full 50ft stretch of wall with doors and floor panels to do it. With explosives being so cheap and the addition soon of vehicles with guns its going to be very easy to spoil hundreds of hours of work....

How about this...

We are in the future, the Cultists are robots (reprogrammed) with special powers, we have working heli's, electronic door locks etc so its not out the question that the frequency jammer (FJ) could have additional features with appropriate upgrades.

1) When a player is offline his base will re-spawn any destroyed components (its a mugs game doing it when they are offline and unable to defend themselves)
                i) This will still allow the base raid but the player will only suffer a loss of stuff not nailed down or in lock box's
      2) This will start from the next server restart (so if you log out to try and exploit this during an ongoing base attack it wont work)
      3) If you are online and your FJ has been upgraded (with say the head/components off a dead cultist robot) you get a warning (after 2 minutes) to say you have a player in proximity of your base, but only if they have shot at or damaged your base in any way
      4) Any players camping you or just trying doors will not get flagged
      5) Players can further upgrade their walls/doors to be "hardened" with scrap or something appropriate (but make it expensive or time consuming to do so)
      6) It should cost a lot to break into a base, either
                i) Vehicle ammo (when if/it comes in ) is priced expensively so its an incentive for players to sell it rather than use it
                ii) The price of explosives are vastly increased with the spawn chance reduced (I took a wall down with a single satchel charge that cost me about £3 at a trader lol)
      7) If we are upgrading the FJ with the components off a dead cultist robots and using it as an amplifier how about letting the player remotely set off the same damage attack a cultist uses at the expense of the FJ getting downgraded (the proximity sensor element needing an upgrade with another dead cultist).
                i) This will also damage the player if they are in their own base

This way is more fitting with the game and does not punish those who are unable to defend themselves

Thought?

• Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord