Add a custom image to the spawn box

machine6fd

You need the Tool dePbo and Make/ExtractPbo from Mikero...

My english is too bad to discribe how to use, but I think someone else could do this...

For me, I downloaded this Tools:

DePbo.4.90.0.11

Eliteness.3.25.4.89

ExtractPbo.2.11.4.81

MakePbo.1.88.4.58

From this LINK

All i have done is to install this DePbo and put all into one Folder, make a shortcut from MakePbo. Rightclick this and put on end of the line direction(target???) this: -R

Should look like: C:\Users.......\bin\MakePbo.exe -R

Now create a Folder, maybe named mission.altis. Put your mission.sqm into this and pack it as a PBO.

Now hold left mousebutton on PBO and drag it over ExtractPBO. This create a descrypted mission.sqm in your mission.altis-Folder (the old mission.sqm is now named mission.sqm.bak)

Workover the mission.sqm as you desire. If you complete your work, clear the folder mission.alts, so there is only your reworked mission.sqm in it.

Now hold left mousebutton on the folder and drag it over the MakePbo-Shortcut. There should be a new pbo generated with the new mission.sqm crypted. Put this mission.sqm back to your mission.pbo on the server....

Try my best to figure out this steps in english, maybe someone could do this better....

Hope this helps a little bit out

so just derap it and replace it? cant be that simple lol....

Yeah, from my limited understanding rap-ing the file (man that just looks wrong written down) just rejigs it into a format that makes it a little easier for arma to use but it will work regardless of whether it's rap-ed or not (there has to be better terminology than this). 

Just some tips for the less experienced server "scripters"

Convert the files to .paa files ( TextView2 ), This will reduce size alot for mission pbo.

keep image sizes to the power of 2 ( ex 128 *128 , 256*256). This must be if u have transparent images.

Setting textures is possible on alot of objects if they have a hiddenTexture array. This specific object is specially made for it tho with a 10x10 m view, There is also a 1x1 one if you are interested in that.

*EDIT* Removed set texture not needed per VEMP whom I trust knows what hes talking about  :)

OP doesn't seem to trust me :(

Just some tips for the less experienced server "scripters"

Convert the files to .paa files ( TextView2 ), This will reduce size alot for mission pbo.

keep image sizes to the power of 2 ( ex 128 *128 , 256*256). This must be if u have transparent images.

Setting textures is possible on alot of objects if they have a hiddenTexture array. This specific object is specially made for it tho with a 10x10 m view, There is also a 1x1 one if you are interested in that.

OP trusts no one! :) I actually didn't see your first post second post about it Zupa... thought you were going to confirm. but i trust you know what you're talking about also ;P

I was thinking, can you use:

init="this setObjectTexture [0, ""image.jpg""]";

on any building too? Like, could you technically spawn in, say a house, and add a pink objecttexture on it, and that entire building would then be completely pink? :D

I don't think you can set init's on objects anymore in Arma 3, instead they want you to use BIS_fnc_MP (which doesn't work in Epoch).

the setVehicleInit command no longer exists. You would have to use setObjectTextureGlobal after the object spawns.

PAA is definitely the way to go if you know how to convert them.

And yeah, you beat me to it. ;)

tried to add it to multiple areas on map but dont seem to work...not sure why

class Vehicles

{
items=3;
class Item0
{
position[]={6322.31,7687.61,0}; // For Altis us {23600.611,2.8548489,17990.768}
azimut=180.4026;
offsetY=5;
id=1;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="UserTexture10m_F";
skill=0.60000002;
init="this setObjectTexture [0, ""TIG.jpg""]";
};

class Item1
{
position[]={4710.92,10212.8,0}; // For Altis us {23600.611,2.8548489,17990.768}
azimut=180.4026;
offsetY=5;
id=1;
side="EMPTY";
skill=0.60000002;
};

class Item2
{
position[]={6426.04,2645,13.9471}; // For Altis us {23600.611,2.8548489,17990.768}
azimut=180.4026;
offsetY=5;
id=1;
side="EMPTY";
skill=0.60000002;
};
};

• vbawol unpinned this topic