Most Popular Map to host?

celticwarrior06

I believe the top few servers are Altis, then Cherno so either on of those is good. Right now ALOT of Arma players are having trouble working out the Epoch mod. I probably get 200 "Player so and so is connecting," followed by "Player so and so disconnected" a day. I like to think the less mods needed for the player to have loaded the better for the players to connect.

Only 2 major maps seem to be Chernarus which seems to be a fan favorite at the moment for the nostalgic crowd and Altis which has more searchable building.  Not sure people have had a lot of luck getting loot spawns setup on the others in the AIA pack.

Also I recommend you don't call it overpoch.  In my opinion that was an Arma 2 term when there was 2 full mods consolidated. Using it here takes away from the hard work of the Epoch team.  Call it Epoch with extra weapons.  Call it Epoch & XYZ just give the Epoch name top billing and don't shortchange it.

Awww Zupa,

sounds like you need to find some good staff to help you so you can enjoy the fruits.

You know what they say about all work and no play....

Don't worrie ^^ the playing part i get with my girlfriend haha ^^ & i need to be her adc on league ^^

Yeah, but 15 is not that big of a number. 30 neither. There are about 1000 altis servers and there are like 10 full, but all the rest is near empty. I think starting a new altis server, will be a waste of money.

Just look at all the official servers, they all run altis, and they are never full.

Zupa, your commuty is dutch, or international?

Yeah, but 15 is not that big of a number. 30 neither. There are about 1000 altis servers and there are like 10 full, but all the rest is near empty. I think starting a new altis server, will be a waste of money.

Just look at all the official servers, they all run altis, and they are never full.

Zupa, your commuty is dutch, or international?

I couldn't care less how many people I have on my server As long as the ones I do have are enjoying them self. Guess you can't pleas everyone

The full servers you speak of are probably well established and heavily customised. Something I have noticed is if your server has a script that gives higher loot more people will play on it. The current epoch loot system makes looting for most a drag. We was running a custom loot script and we had 30 plus every night but due to it being an early release it was OP. So we removed it.

After doing so the numbers dropped rapidly. So we are in the proses of putting it back in because even the players that have stayed are asking for it.

It seems today's average player don't want to be looting for hours that want it fast. But that is just my opinion and observation. So long as you the owner admin listen to the players and what they want and come to a compromise you will build a good player base.

Everyone dreams of that full server and it can be achieved if you work hard listen well. Do those and it won't matter what map you use. And social media helps too

Cherno looks crap in arma 3! the trees look like tingles of green objects! i was looking forward to playing on cherno! I played it for few minutes and was very disappointed !!

if you like graphics and realism look go for Altis after all it was designed for arma 3!

I now only play on Atlis servers

You need to change the trees to arma 2 OA trees, then it looks sweet way better than on arma 2 with the light engine, no more twlight dusk and dawns. Altis looks crap for a survival atmosphere

Personally..I love Bornholm, Totally different feel to the altis/stratis (to dusty/desert for my liking) way of doing it (feels very european/british).. like others cherno just does NOT have the arma 3 Houses by default...and so offers nothing new bar brighter graphic.. but as others have said the tree's look awful on it:(

I'd suggest diving on a bornholm server and have a little peak... and if your in the southern hemisphere Oz or NZ def think about a setting up a server, on the UG server we have had a load of southern hemi guys gagging to play but getting kicked for ping problems..come on someone downunder be the first to offer those guys a good place to play

but as others have said the tree's look awful on it:(

As others said change the trees to Arma 2 OA trees!!! such a simple fix,as its trying to put 3 diffrent trees in the same place, it should have been the first thing everyone should think of trying before complaing.

You need to change the trees to arma 2 OA trees, then it looks sweet way better than on arma 2 with the light engine, no more twlight dusk and dawns. Altis looks crap for a survival atmosphere

Oh wow thanks I will try that tonight and let you know for sure! did not know you could do that! 

Do you know if Cherno has ATM or phone boxes? just wondering if it doesnt how would you go about storing your krypto?

Oh wow thanks I will try that tonight and let you know for sure! did not know you could do that! 

Do you know if Cherno has ATM or phone boxes? just wondering if it doesnt how would you go about storing your krypto?

Cherno has phone boxes. I haven't really seen any ATMs. Use those for storing your krypto.