Cleaning up dynamic vehicles script help

dishner2013

Question

Hey ! I apologize for having to ask this but I'm not finding clear information on how to do exactly what I need.

I mistakenly had the dynamic vehicle spawn set to the default 300 or so vehicles. This is way to many vehicles for my server and I actually lowered it to 10 (yeah i know, I like to make people work for it). However, there are still tons of vehicles on our server that need deleting. Is there a way that I can clean up all dynamic vehicles that have not been used by players and then just let the server respawn that 10 limit? There are 3 admins but it's going to take us quite a while to clean them all up by hand like that.

P.S.

I'm just learning all this database management and clean up with my server, I need a good way to start up mysql database and then schedule what I think is called "scheduled tasks" to do cleanups like this automatically and regularly. Any help of that would be awesome.

Thank you for any help in advance

Tri Cities Epoch Server Owner

ReconRecker

Server IP

97.81.7.73:2302

1 answer to this question

You need to go into your database and look in object_data  delete all cars with a character ID of 0. Lots of events posted all over the forums to have the database clean it's self up on a schedule. Just search forums/google "epoch database cleanup events" and im sure you'll find 100's