Recent Commander Issues

Markokil321

Hello, Searched the forums couldn't find anything about these recent commander issues.

By recent i mean since yesterday, i know DZC has been severely screwed up for some people since the Steam Beta Update but i myself have not had any of the problems other people were reporting at that time.

Ever since yesterday approx 90% of servers are not listed on commander for me and a handful of other people i know, the remaining show up as grayed out/offline and obviously can't be joined due to the required addons not being enabled. Upon startup of the program it's only refreshing a fraction of the total servers online. (IE. was saying refreshing x out of 400 servers where it used to say 3000+) It doesn't seem to be refreshing all the actual servers, thus resulting in many of them not showing correctly/at all.

Have tried a bunch of things to get it to work with no result, will join servers a different way for the time being... or forever if they don't get this sorted.

Anyone else know more about this?

Thanks

nah, i meant ever since the 125548 Steam update.

Started using DayZ Launcher now, just wanted to see whether anyone else started experiencing this problem with DZC

:)

DayzCommander has always had screwed up problems. I guess since the only alternative was PlayWithSix for so long, people just sort of accepted it.

DZC works fine for me and always has, i would like to try launcher but the three times ive tryed it gave my pc black screen of death, so i'd be silly to try it again, shame tho as it sounds good

It's almost completely impossible for managed code (.NET Framework stuff) to cause a BSOD, and certainly nothing that is in DayZ Launcher. If I were you, I'd have a very serious look at your system and figure out what the real problem is.

As for everyone else, our community now refuses to support DayZ Commander, because EVERY time a user either a) reports a problem getting on the server, or b) says that their friend can't join, it's because they're using DayZ Commander. It's utterly broken, doesn't support mod detection, and worse still, the developer frankly just doesn't give a single shit about the community. My guess is that the donations dried up, so he stopped bothering with it.

So our server still isnt visible in the commander anymore. I told everyone to use DayzLauncher but the majority of our player base doesnt seem to find a way to join. We dropped from 25/30+ constant to 10+ players (more in the evening).

I dont know if this has to do something with people using the commander and not wanting to change, but I think its not caused by our administration..

Many still do not know about Launcher, I hear it every day .. if more of the youtube lets play folks mentioned this and more of the twitch streamers.. the issue would be as much of an issue... and on top of that people have to figure out how to get rid of the old non functional version of steam they had and download the new version of the beta, and with launcher they also have to dl a version of the client files that they already had installed.. big download if your on a slower dsl or cable connection..then you have the folks that need to manually update the battleye filters for what ever reason .. firewall etc they aren't getting the newer updates...

I have posted all of this on my website .. and on load screen.. so the ones that do actually hit the load screen and fail .. know where to find the info they need..

And many just cant figure it all out even with step 1, 2, 3 etc some never will .. trying to be nice here lol .. its hard  :rolleyes:  .. people are generally lazy..and or impatient .. all want a one click fits all fix.

The die hards who really want to play will fig out .. the others .. just move on to another game.. a3, or standalone .. no matter that standalone sux balls lol..

Get the twitchers and lets play peoples involved .. and it will resolve faster.. after all thats how I found out about dayz many many moons ago .. my 8yr old son .. kept telling me about this game .. I was like yea yea yea.. uh huh .. tell I finally sat down and watched it with him .. instantly hooked .. 4 yrs later .. still hooked

I stopped using DayZ Commander about a week ago. DZL has a few issues still, would be nice if it remembered previous instance filters, but at least it actually displays the servers correctly. The mod detection works perfectly, and I've never had a problem joining servers with DZL. No dicking around with launch parameters anymore.

I would highly recommend everyone ditch DZC and switch to DZL.