How does one get their server listed as an official server?

aairez

Just curious, I am running an A3 Epoch server currently and would like to know how to get the server to become "official".

Thanks!

Basically what you have done is taken server-files without permission,

the server-files are closed-alpha, meaning only people with direct permission from the developers may run servers.

The fact that you are running one, without permission, means you went against their directive in the first place.

The fact that you're writing here now to "get permission" just adds insult to injury.

Speaking of which.. Is there anywhere to report a "bad" server? The admin on the DonkeyPunch server (I'm not sure if it's even "official") feels like the server is his personal playground, TP's people, has god-mode on, etc. I guess I just got really disappointed after playing for hours only to have him kill me with rockets from a helicopter.. Then TP me all over the place.

Speaking of which.. Is there anywhere to report a "bad" server? The admin on the DonkeyPunch server (I'm not sure if it's even "official") feels like the server is his personal playground, TP's people, has god-mode on, etc. I guess I just got really disappointed after playing for hours only to have him kill me with rockets from a helicopter.. Then TP me all over the place.

It's about as official as the op's server

Basically, you don't.

We applied about 3 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing from Axle or Awol yet.

Apparently they won't be releasing server files full stop, instead you're going to have to rent your servers from GTX unless you're one of the very few people who got offered them early; ie, MGT and the others.

There was a thread about this a few days ago which mysteriously vanished not long after.

By Vanished... do you mean this one, or am I missing something?

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19983-trusted-community-server-hosting/

Basically, you don't.

Apparently they won't be releasing server files full stop, instead you're going to have to rent your servers from GTX unless you're one of the very few people who got offered them early; ie, MGT and the others.

There was a thread about this a few days ago which mysteriously vanished not long after.

http://gtxgaming.co.uk/forum/forum/main-category/other-games/arma-3/21049-will-gtx-offer-arma-3-epoch-servers-in-the-near-future?p=21076#post21076

We sponsor the ongoing development of Epoch and plan on selling Arma 3 Epoch servers as soon as it is ready.They have informed me that as soon as it is a stable enough version then GTX will be one of the first GSP's that will receive the server files before they are made public.

Just curious, how do I scrape the paint off these dollar bills Occifer?

All jokes aside, this wouldn't really be so much of an issue if you guys went through the Trusted Community Hosting thread and communicated with the people who have applied.

A lot of us (clearly not the OP) have been playing by the rules, refusing to use the leaked PBOs, and waiting patiently for a response, but we've heard nothing. Meanwhile, communities have been losing players to not only the few people who HAVE managed to get their servers "official", but also those who are using the leaked files. My posts in this thread probably sound butthurt, but to be honest, I am.

Didn't vbawol post some time ago that he would go through the trusted communities posts applications thingy mcthing and add communities to a list or something? 

Probably a list of servers to get the files by patch 0.5 or something but still, I don't really know. 

A lot of people are annoyed because they deem themselves worthy of an answer and bla bla bla and that they are entitled to get a response. 

Why can they not just wait and see what happens instead of going ape shit over something so trivial? Waiting abit has never hurt anyone.

Instead of whining and crying, do something constructive. I for example, am scripting loads of additions for Epoch for use once I become able to modify server files in the forseeable future.

Basically, you don't.

are you shitting me?  I asked a while ago to vbawol and he assured me that he wouldn't make the release GSP exclusive.  that is a shitty deal man.

right here: 

for those lazy:

first of all I'd like to say thanks for all the hard work.

I know you guys said you were going to limit server hosting to select few applicants.  I am concerned that you guys will go the route of only GSP hosting.  I really love epoch and I want to continue hosting in the future but it scares me with the way most mods are going exclusive GSP these days.

I know that making a mod is a thankless job with little to no monetary compensation on your part but please please do not go the gp/breaking point/standalone route of having GSP exclusive hosting.

Thanks

We are not making it GSP exclusive and anyone with a dedicated server will be able to apply to host a server after we reach 0.5. GSP customers will have limited access to files at first as we will not be able to make everyone of their customers agree to our terms.

If the epoch team is going GSP I am seriously disappointed.

They have stated several times that they release the files and they have stated several times that they will not go full Origins. You never go full Origins.

When they do it is unknown but from what I recall, around version 0.5 is where it's expected to come out. That is also the patch where the files will go live to GSPs. 

Now, some posts here and there discuss the fact that only a select few will be able to have the files at version 0.5 which worries me abit but it can easily be dispelled by a confirmation by the devs.

Just to clarify, I'm not "whining and crying", I'm just communicating the issue that myself and others are facing with regards to our players spending time on both the handpicked official servers and the "hacked" ones.

It doesn't particularly matter if they release them at 0.5, which could - for all we know - be 6 months down the line, if all the DayZ Epoch players have fucked off to A3 Epoch servers.

Just to clarify, I'm not "whining and crying", I'm just communicating the issue that myself and others are facing with regards to our players spending time on both the handpicked official servers and the "hacked" ones.

It doesn't particularly matter if they release them at 0.5, which could - for all we know - be 6 months down the line, if all the DayZ Epoch players have fucked off to A3 Epoch servers.

Just to clarify, we were not handpicked, I applied to the dev's just like everyone else. :)

Just to clarify, we were not handpicked, I applied to the dev's just like everyone else. :)

He's talking about the choice the Devs make on who gets and who doesn't, hand-picked you were ;)

If you weren't, then everyone who has posted and met the requirements would now have a server................ yes?

Maybe it's lost in his translation.

He should have not used the server files that were leaked, then spent around 3 months here sucking up to any man and his dog before applying, seems to work.