[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

Ai does not attack player in Vodnik. (BMP2, M113, BRDM2, LAV25 .....)

Ai can not attack APC. How can i slove?

Edit the DZAI config file and give them RPGs.

I just ran Major mission 9 and the construction materials where sitting there unguarded. Same thing happened for a crashed Ural earlier. Running 2.6 beta.

I'm having a lot of troubles with the missions not being able to get completed, is there anyway to fix that, or is there any of you that has a solution for that problem? 

Which missions? And which version are you using? I'm still on 0.2.5 and fixed most of the missions (i think^^)

Every things fine for me but the RPT says:

21:27:02 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SM7.sqf not found
21:27:02 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\minor\SM2.sqf not found

Those files are in Missions\Major and Missions\Minor but I can't find the file the log is reading from that's causing this warning.

Anyone got any idea where to look? I'll keep digging then I get home.

Which missions? And which version are you using? I'm still on 0.2.5 and fixed most of the missions (i think^^)

Well I'm using 0.2.5 but most of the missions just wont complete for some reason, its kinda wierd, and now all Vehicles just begins to despawn or roll back to the place where you got them, i don't know why that is happening either, is there anyone that has a solution for that? 

Hey guys! Ran into a couple of small issues with this EMS. 

1. Crashed Heli Missions - There is never a heli, no crash site, no loot. Just the map marker. Doesn't go away.

2. Supply Drop - Came across one at NWAF. Blew it up using satchel charge. Loot disappeared but the mission marker won't go away. Never got the all clear text either after coming upon it now that i think about it..

Because those two missions won't go away, the AI MIssions have ceased. I guess it only runs two missions at a time? Server restart doesn't clear them. Any idea on how to get these to go away? 

Thanks!

Hey guys! Ran into a couple of small issues with this EMS. 

1. Crashed Heli Missions - There is never a heli, no crash site, no loot. Just the map marker. Doesn't go away.

2. Supply Drop - Came across one at NWAF. Blew it up using satchel charge. Loot disappeared but the mission marker won't go away. Never got the all clear text either after coming upon it now that i think about it..

Because those two missions won't go away, the AI MIssions have ceased. I guess it only runs two missions at a time? Server restart doesn't clear them. Any idea on how to get these to go away? 

Thanks!

hi mate a few of the missions are broken atm the if you cant fix them your self i suggest removing them so they dont spawn in any more :)

Every things fine for me but the RPT says:

21:27:02 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SM7.sqf not found
21:27:02 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\minor\SM2.sqf not found

Those files are in Missions\Major and Missions\Minor but I can't find the file the log is reading from that's causing this warning.

Anyone got any idea where to look? I'll keep digging then I get home.

should have read your next post :P see you got the solution

@JerryAtricks

For the supplydrop the problem is propably in the "waitUntil"-line. 

i guess yours looks somethinkg like this:

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance box< 20  } count playableunits > 0}; 

but the actual crate is descriped as a crate therefore the mission can't be ended.

change your line to

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance crate< 20  } count playableunits > 0}; 

for the downed chopper i assume its minor SM10?

change line 25 to:

_itemType = [["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper","weapon"], ["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","weapon"], ["FN_FAL", "weapon"], ["bizon_silenced", "weapon"], ["M14_EP1", "weapon"], ["BAF_AS50_scoped", "weapon"], ["MakarovSD", "weapon"], ["Mk_48_DZ", "weapon"], ["M249_DZ", "weapon"], ["DMR", "weapon"], ["", "military"], ["", "medical"], ["MedBox0", "object"], ["NVGoggles", "weapon"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_556", "object"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_762", "object"]  ];

and line 26 to:

_itemChance = [0.08,  0.08, 0.02,  0.05,  0.05,  0.01,  0.03,  0.02,  0.03,  0.05,  0.1,  0.1,  0.2,  0.07,  0.01,  0.01  ]; 

I'm using an older version but those mistakes were already in my version :P

I think I've found my problem:

Changed:

[] execVM format ["\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\%1.sqf",_element];

To:

[] execVM format ["\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\%1.sqf",_element];

Testing soon.

I believe the author changed the folder that the missions go into because Epoch now has a "missions" folder used for other things. The new name of the EMS missions folder is "EMS".

Back from holidays ! Driven 5hrs im very tired now. Getting a shower and get the fixes on git up for 0.2.6 !!!!big big thx to the guys that found and fixed stuff while i was on holidays!! I will also carefully reading the last posts ! Btw anyone got a OOM bug ,means out of memory?!

Btw2 anyone saw mimic?

Whats up with him?

Hi guys so i've started a epoch server again and for the first time managed to get the mission system working.

Well sort off they spawn and despawn, but I am unable to talk to Fry or Phil ( the ammo seller) and the hero vendor these are the 2 ive noticed so far.

I reinstalled a fresh set of pbo's  and can use them so it has something to do with dayzai or the EMS does anyone know what might be causing this.

I'm guessing it might be dayzai skin clash but I have no real idea.

Currently it looks your the only one receving this bug ...

If anyone else is experiencing this ,i will look into it ! 

I have a very irritating issue with EMS.

I've set the server to 5 m static time. If I'm running EMS every time someone joins or relogs their time is reset to 5am.

So if someone has been in game for 3 hours it's 8 am for them, but if they die the log back into game with 5am.

Anyone new logging in regardless of how long the server is running, also gets 5am.

This makes this very complicated when one person in in the dark and another has full sun!

This happens on three servers.

Epoch Clean Test Server (Clean Test server is 100% stock) No time reset

Epoch Modded Test Server (no Epoch Mission System)  No time reset

Epoch Modded Test Server (with Epoch Mission System) Time resets for all clients

Epoch Modded Main Server (with Epoch Mission System) Time resets for all clients

Running Epoch 1.0.3.1 EMS 2.5 (also tested 2.6)

List of Mod for Modded servers ONLY.

Sarge AI

BTK Cargo

Artillery and Logistic (Towing/Lift) and Lock Restriction

BTC Fast Rope

Bury Corpses and Cannibalism

Tent Sleep

Self Blood

Headshot Suicide

Take Clothes

Fire Dance

Ha,lol nice bug !

Hint: We use local time for our servers ,maybe that fixes it soince we don not have seen this problem on our servers...

Is there a way to make it so the choppers and other vehicles in the missions can't be taken by players? Also is there a way to make loot random?

You can delete them ,but thats not a option for EMS, better only change the vehicle class names to whatever u like 

I'm having a lot of troubles with the missions not being able to get completed, is there anyway to fix that, or is there any of you that has a solution for that problem? 

Working on this

I was noticing this issue as well and I went through the mission files and noticed that some of the events were set to trigger completion on something that was not defined in the script. 

namely this line:

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _hummer < 30  } count playableunits > 0} 

Notice where it says _hummer sometimes what it has in that position is not defined anywhere in the script. I went through and changed that to something that had been defined. for instance chopcrash uralcrash lootcrate etc... do this and they should all be able to be completed. Some of the missions do not have any loot box or vehicles to call completion on and they attempt to use the ai alive count. I have found that these generally do not work for me. as the add unit server2 and 3 sqf files do not seem to spawn ai properly. This tends to cause 1/2 things to happen. Either the missions becomes unable to be completed or they complete instantly as there are no ai present. I was unable to see a reason for those file to not function unless it was defining different groups for the ai as that seemed to be the only real difference present in them from the standard one. Anyway, long story short I changed ever instance of add unit server2 or 3 to add unit server.sqf and the ai spawning seems to work. However, you will need to add something to trigger the completion on. Like a loot crate/vehicle  and use the above line instead of an ai alive count. Obviously this is not ideal but it is a work around that will get you buy until they get those missions in a more workable format. 

I hope that made sense and you are able to get everything working properly.

THX

Does anyone know if you can change the clear message to only activate if all the AI are dead? Currently the mission complete messages trigger regardless of the AI, it happens as soon as the player reaches the crates.

Looking forward for this into 0.5 release

Ai does not attack player in Vodnik. (BMP2, M113, BRDM2, LAV25 .....)

Ai can not attack APC. How can i slove?

By ginving ai rpg's in 

There is an issue in EMS 0.2.5 that doesn't allow vehicles to save on server restart. They get placed in their original locations or disappear.

Last time: i will not integrate this feature to EMS !

should have read your next post :P see you got the solution

@JerryAtricks

For the supplydrop the problem is propably in the "waitUntil"-line. 

i guess yours looks somethinkg like this:

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance box< 20  } count playableunits > 0}; 

but the actual crate is descriped as a crate therefore the mission can't be ended.

change your line to

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance crate< 20  } count playableunits > 0}; 

for the downed chopper i assume its minor SM10?

change line 25 to:

_itemType = [["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper","weapon"], ["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","weapon"], ["FN_FAL", "weapon"], ["bizon_silenced", "weapon"], ["M14_EP1", "weapon"], ["BAF_AS50_scoped", "weapon"], ["MakarovSD", "weapon"], ["Mk_48_DZ", "weapon"], ["M249_DZ", "weapon"], ["DMR", "weapon"], ["", "military"], ["", "medical"], ["MedBox0", "object"], ["NVGoggles", "weapon"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_556", "object"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_762", "object"]  ];

and line 26 to:

_itemChance = [0.08,  0.08, 0.02,  0.05,  0.05,  0.01,  0.03,  0.02,  0.03,  0.05,  0.1,  0.1,  0.2,  0.07,  0.01,  0.01  ]; 

I'm using an older version but those mistakes were already in my version :P

THX

Trying fixing all things/bugs/suggestions you guys posted , but not anymore today,i'm too tired from driving ,sry !

Edited by Fuchs

A C-130 has crash landed!Survivors secure the cargo!"

Missed a space

also

Survivors secured the crash site! We'll done

well done*

Imnotagrammarnazi

Major/Sm8.sqf

Minor/Sm8.sqf didn't finish when i tried it one restart but it did the next.

Love this script btw PLEASE keep up the good work :D

I was wondering though, how does one add an RPG to the AI? They just sort of engage retard mode when a tank comes.. I changed what i thought was the loadout but all i did was break the missions entirely

Fortunately Im not stupid enough to not make backups so.. if anyone can add tips to that id appreciate it :D

Are the AxeMurderer and SniperTeam Missions working?

With 0.2.5 these 2 Missions cleared automaticaly seconds after they appeared.

If they are still buggy i can takre a look at it.

AFAIK those two are running just fine and I'm still on 0.2.5. at least i remember doing both missions without any problems (the axemurderer with you btw)

Those two missions also cleared out instantly for me as well. I haven't tried 0.2.6 yet. I disabled the missions for now because I encountered too many problems, like I'd get to a mission and there'd be no AI there, vehicles would disappear after you opened the vehicle's gear, then closed it. Some people were killed by the vehicles exploding when they got into them. I asked my players to tell me specifically which missions had problems but I didn't get very good feedback so I can't say which ones aren't working correctly for me.

how can I add RPG to AI and remove them after a kill? Major SM9 no units?

greeZ

You can adjust the add_unit_server.sqf files for adding the launcher of your choice.

For example you can find this in one of the add_unit_server files:

if ((x == 1) || (x == 3) || (x == 5)) then //troop soldiers
            {
                "Bandit1_DZ" createUnit [_unitpos, _aiGroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];
                _rndLOut=floor(random 4);
                _ailoadout=
                switch (_rndLOut) do
                {
                  case 0: {["M1014","8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug","revolver_EP1","6Rnd_45ACP"]};
                  case 1: {["M1014","8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets","revolver_EP1","6Rnd_45ACP"]};
                  case 2: {["Remington870_lamp","8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug","Colt1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911"]};
                  case 3: {["Remington870_lamp","8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets","Colt1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911"]};
                };
            };

Then alter one of those weapons to this (i used the M136 in this example):

if ((x == 1) || (x == 3) || (x == 5)) then //troop soldiers
            {
                "Bandit1_DZ" createUnit [_unitpos, _aiGroup, "_aiunit=this;",1,"PRIVATE"];
                _ailoadout=
                switch (_rndLOut) do
                {
                  case 0: {["M136","M136","revolver_EP1","6Rnd_45ACP"]};
                  case 1: {["M1014","8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets","revolver_EP1","6Rnd_45ACP"]};
                  case 2: {["Remington870_lamp","8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug","Colt1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911"]};
                  case 3: {["Remington870_lamp","8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets","Colt1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911"]};
                };
            };

You could also add a new case 4 in this example (cope paste one of those cases, make the number say 4 and change the weapon/ammo), but make sure you add +1 to this:

so it becomes this:

_rndLOut=floor(random 5);

That will give one of the AI the chance to get an launcher, in this example the M136.

Then, to make them disappear after the AI dies, open up the bodyclean.sqf file. You will see this:

//Created by TheSzerdi
_ai = _this select 0;
sleep 2400;
deletevehicle _ai;

In this example i added an M136 with the belonging M136 ammo, so make it look like this:

//Created by TheSzerdi
_ai = _this select 0;
_ai removeWeapon "M136";
_ai removeMagazines "M136";
sleep 2400;
deletevehicle _ai;

That's it! If you want to use a different launcher, change the M136 classname with something else, and the ammo too ofcourse.