[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

Mission 10 looks okay. Do you mean major mission 7?

No he meant major 10 (the airdrop) 

There are some problems with clearing missions depending on which version you use

@WEB11:

i don't think you actually need DZAI in order to make the missions work. they spawn their own AI (add_unit.sqfs). So they neither use Sarge nor DZAI you just need the variable in order to prevent cleanup from deleting anything spawned by the mission

Any other missions bugged? I'm about to install this and I want to remove them until there is a fix. Please post the file names. thanks!

Yeah, other missions are bugged. Sometimes there's no loot, or the AI aren't there... considering removing this from my server until the author comes back and can implement all the fixes are posting in a new version.

Hi guys so i've started a epoch server again and for the first time managed to get the mission system working.

Well sort off they spawn and despawn, but I am unable to talk to Fry or Phil ( the ammo seller) and the hero vendor these are the 2 ive noticed so far.

I reinstalled a fresh set of pbo's  and can use them so it has something to do with dayzai or the EMS does anyone know what might be causing this.

I'm guessing it might be dayzai skin clash but I have no real idea.

I have a very irritating issue with EMS.
I've set the server to 5 m static time. If I'm running EMS every time someone joins or relogs their time is reset to 5am.
So if someone has been in game for 3 hours it's 8 am for them, but if they die the log back into game with 5am.
Anyone new logging in regardless of how long the server is running, also gets 5am.
This makes this very complicated when one person in in the dark and another has full sun!

This happens on three servers.
Epoch Clean Test Server (Clean Test server is 100% stock) No time reset
Epoch Modded Test Server (no Epoch Mission System)  No time reset
Epoch Modded Test Server (with Epoch Mission System) Time resets for all clients
Epoch Modded Main Server (with Epoch Mission System) Time resets for all clients

Running Epoch 1.0.3.1 EMS 2.5 (also tested 2.6)
List of Mod for Modded servers ONLY.
Sarge AI
BTK Cargo
Artillery and Logistic (Towing/Lift) and Lock Restriction
BTC Fast Rope
Bury Corpses and Cannibalism
Tent Sleep
Self Blood
Headshot Suicide
Take Clothes
Fire Dance

I use SARGE. 

1. Can someone tell me which of the 3 mission files these guys are working on is the one I should use?

2. Are all of them bugged?

3. Why are they jumping form one to the other instead of concentrating one one at a time?

4. Are they still supporting this?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm having a lot of troubles with the missions not being able to get completed, is there anyway to fix that, or is there any of you that has a solution for that problem? 

I was noticing this issue as well and I went through the mission files and noticed that some of the events were set to trigger completion on something that was not defined in the script. 

namely this line:

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _hummer < 30  } count playableunits > 0} 

Notice where it says _hummer sometimes what it has in that position is not defined anywhere in the script. I went through and changed that to something that had been defined. for instance chopcrash uralcrash lootcrate etc... do this and they should all be able to be completed. Some of the missions do not have any loot box or vehicles to call completion on and they attempt to use the ai alive count. I have found that these generally do not work for me. as the add unit server2 and 3 sqf files do not seem to spawn ai properly. This tends to cause 1/2 things to happen. Either the missions becomes unable to be completed or they complete instantly as there are no ai present. I was unable to see a reason for those file to not function unless it was defining different groups for the ai as that seemed to be the only real difference present in them from the standard one. Anyway, long story short I changed ever instance of add unit server2 or 3 to add unit server.sqf and the ai spawning seems to work. However, you will need to add something to trigger the completion on. Like a loot crate/vehicle  and use the above line instead of an ai alive count. Obviously this is not ideal but it is a work around that will get you buy until they get those missions in a more workable format. 

I hope that made sense and you are able to get everything working properly.

Is there a way to make it so the choppers and other vehicles in the missions can't be taken by players? Also is there a way to make loot random?

If they can't be taken by players then what's the point of having these missions? Delete the particular missions if you don't want the players to have them.

If they can't be taken by players then what's the point of having these missions? Delete the particular missions if you don't want the players to have them.

If you don't have a helpful answer then what's the point of replying? You don't know the type of server I run and the reason for my question.