[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

what does that mean?

That u cant  sell spawned in vehicles

This is from WIA

_vehname    = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehclass >> "displayName");

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Armed Vehicle Started At %1",_position];

_veh = createVehicle [_vehclass,_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehdir = round(random 360);

_veh setDir _vehdir;

_veh setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true];

PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Armed Vehicle spawned a %1",_vehname];

this is working coz u spawn in vehicles from Config.cpp , no more hassle with names and u got a tradersitem id (ObjectID)

i dont think its a problem with not being able to sell them because they arnt written to the database. if that was true i wouldn't be able to sell non hive versions of vehicles i spawn in with my admin tool. they are not database vehicles but i can still sell them fine.

Vehicles without an ID cannot be sold. It is fairly simple. The mission could be modified to save vehicles to the db allowing you to sell them but that it not on the cards at the moment. 

really sucks on missions where the only reward is a vehicle and you cant sell it.

You make more money from collecting the AI guns and selling them than you would selling most of the vehicles. In the meantime you can modify the loot boxes to increase rewards should that not be enough. I'll happily look into this but at the moment have quite a lot to do. 

Have you updated the main post with the correct instructions for 1.0.4? If not, you are confusing people. You haven't even updated the version number as you make fixes, which is confusing. A 29 page thread clouds things and makes it more difficult to find the correct answers. Since you have your own subforum now, why not clean it up, create a new post with the information about how to set up EMS properly, for the current version of Epoch?

I believe Fuchs has updated the first page although I don't beleive version numbers have changed. You are right about the long topics they are a waste of time especially since people often post when the fix was in the previous page. 

That u cant  sell spawned in vehicles

This is from WIA

_vehname    = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehclass >> "displayName");

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Armed Vehicle Started At %1",_position];

_veh = createVehicle [_vehclass,_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_veh setDir _vehdir;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Armed Vehicle spawned a %1",_vehname];

this is working coz u spawn in vehicles from Config.cpp , no more hassle with names and u got a tradersitem id (ObjectID)

so EMS can be modified to make mission vehicles sellable at traders? and if so where is this edited?

To make it simple, why not just lock out players from AI vehicles, like DZAI? 

U could see it this way  , a vehicle but only for use not for sale

Or go to Wia -173  Fuchs has already made a few missions running

For me wasnt  a issue   me set 'm on fire :lol:

@ins_slayer 

Try Wia-173 this will be the next gen side-mission

Or this for a template

private ["_coords","_vehname","_veh","_vehclass","_vehdir","_objPosition"];

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\SMGoMajor.sqf";

WaitUntil {MissionGo == 1};

sleep 2;

_vehclass = ["SUV_Camo","UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;   // make sure its a epoch-version vehicle

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,6500,25,0,10,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

diag_log format["EMS: Epoch-104 sm1 Started At %1",_coords];

_veh = createVehicle [_vehclass,[(_coords select 0) + 10, (_coords select 1) - 5,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_veh setDir _vehdir;

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _veh;

clearMagazineCargoGlobal _veh;

diag_log format["EMS: Mission sm1 spawned a %1",_vehname];

_objPosition = getPosATL _veh;

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Bandits have discovered a weapons cache!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

Ccoords = _coords;

publicVariable "Ccoords";

[] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_coords select 0) - 1, _coords select 1,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_crate] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\misc\fillBoxes.sqf";

_crate setVariable ["permaLoot",true];

_aispawn = [_coords,50,3,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";

sleep 2;

_aispawn = [_coords,60,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";

sleep 2;

_aispawn = [_coords,40,3,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";

sleep 2;

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _objPosition < 10 } count playableunits > 0};

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"The weapons cache is under control!", "PLAIN",6] call RE;

MissionGo = 0;

Ccoords = 0;

SM1 = 1;

[0] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SMfinder.sqf";

Most problems? Most of the problems on this 28 page post are caused by people failing to read instructions...

Wth, did you read the posts from users? Obviously not.

How many mission templates does the EMS system have? 26? So that is 26 missions that need to be converted, tested and changed for some of the features EMS does not have but would like to use. While having a job, a life, a family.

We know that you are the only one with Job and family.

Good for you. Have you shared those missions?

Why? That all servers have exact the same scripts and bases?

Fuchs is influenced by the community who uses those missions...

Read post 444 and 445...

Haha lol.

No EMS will not be shut down in any way !

Torndeco moved from arma2/dayz to arma3 .thats what im also looking forward to.

Dzai integration will be the next goal for 0.5 .

We also know about the bugs with 0.2.6 so i think the best thing for now is watch over wai with ported ems missions !

After integrating most of all missions from ems to wai . 

I will also start over with help from will and firefly to make ems better!

Cheers fuchs 

Adrianna:

I've read most of them, and from the previous version pages and yes there has been issues with class names and a couple of missions were notoriously buggy, those particular missions have never worked very well. 

My point is regarding life is you are not he one who has one and still finds time, unpaid to do this and release it for other people to use. No, you would rather use other peoples work for yourself, not share and then complain in a thread that's main purpose is to help other people. Either help people, post legitimate questions regarding issues or just leave it and revel in your own custom work. 

Regarding DAYZAI the gist of it was Buttface would help Fuchs add DAYZAI to the missions, which I believe he has. Many people, yourself included obviously assumed that he would drop DAYZAI completely and just work on EMS. That is an incorrect assumption and in fact had you read a few posts later you would see a clarification. 

somebody can suggest a solution? why not sell Vehicles with missions?

U can with EMS 0.26 but u need to modify the missions , i gave a idea (template in post #583) for the vehicles

Wrecks offcourse dont need modifying

Fuchs/umfufu - Just a shout out to both of you for all your help in all these posts.  I know how much work and time you put into this, and other threads/forums I see you work/comment on.  So, just know I appreciate the work.  Keep it up.

With that said - I will agree to one persons comment made.  May be a good time to close this thread and open up a new one based on 1.0.4 being out.  Seems like a whole lot of new issues.  For those on 1.0.3, I think these 29+ pages covers most of their problems. 

How about starting a new EMS 0.2.6 thread for Epoch 1.0.4 where we can post stuff related to installation and issues of EMS 0.2.6  and the 1.0.4 version/mod until you do a complete switch over to WIA or whatever else you decide.

It has been hard to track issues/solutions for the past week or so.

Thanks again

FUBAR

May a little update ahead but i'm not sure if i can release it in that state !

Now i got the Heli evac by using a call to dzai to protect the vehicle[working],if it's internally tested we will update it with EMS asap!

So all of this won't be needed anymore !

Around line 22 look for this:
{
diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
//force fail
_objectID = "0";
_uid = "0";
};
Insert this after it:
if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};
comment this out and add the line below :
 //if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
and add
if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

Located: dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf

Around line 298 look for this:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
Replace with this:
if (vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

Just Installed this this morning and followed the instructions, but it does not seam to be working, but I use DZAI and I am running Epoch 1.0.4b.

I saw where someone had EMS on their server with DZAI already so I thought I would try it as well. Guess I need to wait until the next update for the DZAI Mission.

Thanks

FrenzyFire000

Fuchs why can not sell the vehicles? (Mission Car)

Try this: (replace your current /Major/SM1.sqf)

//Weapons Cache by lazyink (Full credit for original code to TheSzerdi & TAW_Tonic)
//Edited for EMS by Fuchs

private ["_coords","_MainMarker","_wait","_uniqueid"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\SMGoMajor.sqf";

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_uniqueid = str(round(random 999999));

diag_log "EMS: Major mission created (SM1)";

//Mission start
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Bandits have discovered a weapons cache! Check your map for the location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

Ccoords = _coords;

_hummer = createVehicle ["UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",[(_coords select 0) + 10, (_coords select 1) - 20,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer1 = createVehicle ["UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",[(_coords select 0) + 20, (_coords select 1) - 10,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer2 = createVehicle ["SUV_Camo",[(_coords select 0) + 30, (_coords select 1) + 10,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_hummer setVariable ["ObjectID", _uniqueid, true];
_hummer setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true];
_hummer1 setVariable ["ObjectID", _uniqueid, true];
_hummer1 setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true];
_hummer2 setVariable ["ObjectID", _uniqueid, true];
_hummer2 setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true];

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_crate] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\misc\fillBoxes.sqf";
_crate setVariable ["permaLoot",true];

_aispawn = [_coords,80,6,6,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [_coords,80,6,6,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [_coords,40,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [_coords,40,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _hummer < 30  } count playableunits > 0}; 

//Mission completed
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"The weapons cache is under survivor control!", "PLAIN",6] call RE;

MissionGo = 0;
Ccoords = 0;

SM1 = 1;

[0] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SMfinder.sqf";

@Cen

Hope u never get a ID thats already beeing used , coz u never checked it against the DB

The odds are  small but what if ?

Best is to make use off the already known ID from the Database , aka ObjectID

As i said few dayz ago the best way is to use epoch own methods to pullin or even remove Objects

And deny any Object that aint part of your missionconfig or epoch's config

If you run into any performance issues with this method, try instead.

_yourvehiclehere setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];

so

//Weapons Cache by lazyink (Full credit for original code to TheSzerdi & TAW_Tonic)

private ["_coords","_MainMarker","_wait"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\SMGoMajor.sqf";

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Bandits have found a great big box of guns! Check your map for the location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

Ccoords = _coords;

_hummer = createVehicle ["UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",[(_coords select 0) + 10, (_coords select 1) - 20,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer1 = createVehicle ["UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",[(_coords select 0) + 20, (_coords select 1) - 10,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer2 = createVehicle ["SUV_Orange",[(_coords select 0) + 30, (_coords select 1) + 10,10],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_hummer setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
_hummer1 setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
_hummer2 setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];

_hummer setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];
_hummer1 setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];
_hummer2 setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_crate] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\misc\fillBoxes.sqf";

_crate setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

_aispawn = [_coords,80,6,6,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [_coords,80,6,6,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [_coords,40,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;
_aispawn = [_coords,40,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 5;

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _hummer < 10  } count playableunits > 0}; 

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"The weapons cache is under survivor control!", "PLAIN",6] call RE;

[] execVM "debug\remmarkers.sqf";
MissionGo = 0;
Ccoords = 0;

SM1 = 1;
[0] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\SMfinder.sqf";