[Release] 2.1 Plot Management - UPDATED Object Counter

Zupa

Thanks for the help, i have copied the Compiles you have pasted above and i am still not getting any menu coming up on the plot pole other than the normal preview plot and maintain plot.

i have these errors

15:04:07 Error in expression <t_7 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_0 createUnit ["BAF_Soldier_AA_W",>
15:04:07   Error position: <_group_0 createUnit ["BAF_Soldier_AA_W",>
15:04:07   Error setunitability: Undefined variable in expression: _group_0

But i don't think that has anything to do with it does it?

Does the plot pole in show the friends in the Database under inventory? If not it's not saving the friend correctly so I'd look at the update_object.sqf  if it is then its not loading the friends list on the plot pole correctly in the player build most likely.

Does the plot pole in show the friends in the Database under inventory? If not it's not saving the friend correctly so I'd look at the update_object.sqf  if it is then its not loading the friends list on the plot pole correctly in the player build most likely.

I don't see nothing in my database knows like a friends. I have Character_DATA and I see only custom Cash_Money because I'm using Single Currency, I look at the update_object.sqf today. Thanks for trying to help! ;))

Hi, i am still having real trouble getting this to work. I have followed the steps but i am still not getting any menu come up on the scroll wheel.

Can someone please check over my files and see what i have done wrong?

http://www.filedropper.com/pmeditedfiles

These are all the files that the instructions said to edit.

I am not running plot 4 life.

So im having 2 issues when i go in game im using the maintain version of the script with the extra stuff i had to do in the post and when i hit dome the plot radius that shows the build area is like 0 all the dome bubbles are like right next to each other. The other one is how do i make it so people dont need a crowbar and toolbox to access the menu

Edit: Fixed build area but now it doesn't pick up when i build in the plot area when i go to click manage plot it says 0 objects to maintain but the default one works and says there are damaged stuff in the area, also still haven't figured out how to change it so u dont need toolbox or crowbar to see manage plot on a plot pole

I have this running good on the server, have build vector and snap pro, do not use plot 4 life. 

Only issue now is that no one can delete what they build so we admins have to run around and help with that.

Have double checked everything and cant see any error in the rpt file.

Does anyone have any idea what to do about this?

Im now getting a new error everytime i join my server it crashes (below) and the reason its stunping me is because there is nothing in that line (Lines 1-30 below error)

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\Scripts\plotManagement\plotManagement.hpp, line 27: /PlotManagement/Controls.RscShortcutButton_7009: Undefined base class 'Zupa_RscButtonMenu'

class PlotManagement
{
idd = 711194;
onLoad = "uiNamespace setVariable ['PlotManagement', _this select 0]";
class Controls {
class RscText_7000: RscTextT
{
idc = 7000;
x = 0.30 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
y = 0.15 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
w = 0.30 * safezoneW;
h = 0.65 * safezoneH;
colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0.8};
};

class RscText_7007: RscTextT
{
idc = 7007;
text = "Plot Management";
x = 0.30 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
y = 0.15 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
w = 0.30 * safezoneW;
h = 0.05 * safezoneH;
colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0.8};
colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};
};

class RscShortcutButton_7009: Zupa_RscButtonMenu
{
idc = -1;

Im now getting a new error everytime i join my server it crashes (below) and the reason its stunping me is because there is nothing in that line (Lines 1-30 below error)

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\Scripts\plotManagement\plotManagement.hpp, line 27: /PlotManagement/Controls.RscShortcutButton_7009: Undefined base class 'Zupa_RscButtonMenu'

This could mean that you don't have the class Zupa_RscButtonMenu in your defines.hpp. Check the file provided with plot management and compare it to your own defines.hpp

Either that or, in your description.ext, you have: 

#include "Scripts\plotManagement\plotManagement.hpp"

above

#include "Scripts\plotManagement\defines.hpp".

It needs to be the other way around.

This could mean that you don't have the class Zupa_RscButtonMenu in your defines.hpp. Check the file provided with plot management and compare it to your own defines.hpp

Either that or, in your description.ext, you have: 

#include "Scripts\plotManagement\plotManagement.hpp"

above

#include "Scripts\plotManagement\defines.hpp".

It needs to be the other way around.

Edit: Fixed just had to move what wasnt in the defines to the defines lol

ok so now i figured my problem out kinda my friend in my server can see the dome of green dots at the normal radius but when i click dome and it like like all right next to each other, is it because im not the original owner and im accessing it because i have admin in the config?

Edit: Never mind it was because i was using infistar and i had some things on and it changed client side 

No one bothering helping on here anymore? would help if everyone who created scripts done some kind of video then it would solve 80% of the problem. Seems to be no video tutorials anywhere.

I am getting stuck on defines like i do with the vast majority of scripts.

No one bothering helping on here anymore?

no one will bothers to help a lost cause ...

would help if everyone who created scripts done some kind of video then it would solve 80% of the problem. Seems to be no video tutorials anywhere.

the ones who writes scripts, does so in their free time and usually without any payment for doing so.

if you feel something needs video install instructions, then im sure many scripters will be pleased if you made one for them, to help others.

other than that i can suggest you write some scripts yourself and then on top of that find the time to document well with text and a good video install instructions aswell.

tbh i think you should be happy someone even took the time to modify it so others can use it, instead of keeping it private on their own servers where you would never see it or only dream of having it ...

I am getting stuck on defines like i do with the vast majority of scripts.

first off it sounds like you have duplicate entries for the same class in your defines, but who knows since you are not providing any error logs ... also i suggest you try and actually scan through some of the pages here, as most (if not all) problems has been covered multiple times.

5 E Remember to change the paths to any files you've moved to your mission folder!

player_upgrade.sqf

player_buildingDowngrade.sqf

player_upgrade.sqf"

What does that mean? do i have to move these files or what?

That means, If you do not have a custom player_upgrade.sqf - player_buildingDowngrade.sqf - player_upgrade.sqf" already  then extract them from dayz_code.pbo and put them somewhere in your mission .pbo say in a custom folder or scripts folder etc do the changes asked and then call them from that place where you put them in fn_selfActions.

MegaZ

Ive got an Problem with the Plot Management. The "Plotfriends" Cant Upgrade Doors with code or the Cinder Garage Door Frame with the "Panel" and when my players dying they must remove the Plotpole and have to rebuild it.

I don´t run P4L but hope the Problem can be solved.

My Errorlog don´t show any errors about the plotmanagement.

Player_build.sqf

player_buildungdowngrade.sqf

player_upgrade.sqf

fn_selfAction.sqf

server_monitor.sqf

server_updateObject.sqf

i know there are ow a lot of files and i hope someone of you can take a look on these files to find any error?

Would be great

regards

... to make sure owner can never be removed from a plot, you can add this line into plotRemoveFriend.sqf:

if((_toRemove select 0) == (_friends select 0) select 0)exitWith{systemChat "Cant remove owner!";};
exactly below this line:

_toRemove = (_friends select _pos);
(not sure if this is only relevant to non plot for life users)

Saved you the search

hey zupa, great mod, but theres a few things i was concerned about ...

i installed this without plot for life and when i build a plotpole it does not come with the builders uid and name pre entered in it, so i modified player_build and added this:

if(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") then {
	_tmpbuilt setVariable ["plotfriends",[[(getPlayerUID player),(name player)]],true];
	PVDZE_veh_Update = [_tmpbuilt,"gear"];
	publicVariableServer "PVDZE_veh_Update";
};

right below this:

if(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "Land_Fire_DZ") then {
	_tmpbuilt spawn player_fireMonitor;
} else {
	PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location],_classname];
	publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Publish";

and this seems to work fine ...

also in the edits for fn_selfactions.sqf you have an undefined variable in _playerUID, my guess is you forgot to add this somewhere?:

_playerUID = getPlayerUID player;

i added it right below this line myself so it wont have to check player uid each time it calls fn_selfactions, but only when conditions are met:

if(_hasToolbox && "ItemCrowbar" in _itemsPlayer) then {

other than that, i think its really cool mod, thanks for sharing this.

edit:

oh and i forgot to mention, you could make it way easier for users by adding an sql string to run on the database and fetch all pre mod poles and add owners (names and uid's) to inventory field ("plotfriends") on all pre mod poles, just saying its possible.

god im blind