How's 1.0.5.2 coming along?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow it seems updates are very slow these days. Good job there is a great community at hand to help out!

probably just lack of ideas, time or experience in the field.

edit: lol thought you are being sarcastic

-----

Either way if anyone wants to contribute, feel free to take over interior mod

https://github.com/raymix/epoch_interior

classnames/objects

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Sample_Models

to add new hiddenselections, copy over some object from samples, open in oxygen, ctrl + a > create "camo" selection > press E and add transparent texture (https://db.tt/SCbGUte2). Then simply adjust model.cfg. Texture paths and new classnames defined in configs (examples provided).

Simply pack a PBO and add it inside your @mod, it will automatically work.

Feel free to PM me if any questions.

They have a lot of things going on right now.  Getting A3 Epoch ready to be open to the public is probably their highest priority at the moment.  A2 Epoch 1.0.5.1 works fine for the most part, so it will likely be way down on the priority list.  And let's face reality here too, folks.  Shortly after A3 Epoch is released further development of A2 Epoch will likely cease.  A2 Epoch 1.0.6 will probably be the last A2 Epoch release.

probably just lack of ideas, time or experience in the field.

edit: lol thought you are being sarcastic

-----

Either way if anyone wants to contribute, feel free to take over interior mod

https://github.com/raymix/epoch_interior

classnames/objects

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Sample_Models

to add new hiddenselections, copy over some object from samples, open in oxygen, ctrl + a > create "camo" selection > press E and add transparent texture (https://db.tt/SCbGUte2). Then simply adjust model.cfg. Texture paths and new classnames defined in configs (examples provided).

Simply pack a PBO and add it inside your @mod, it will automatically work.

Feel free to PM me if any questions.

Moving to A3 are we? ^^

Moving to A3 are we? ^^

Yup, it's just... better, not only one thing in general... many things. Almost as if every single thing has some awesome extra in A3. Ever felt like adding a code to A2 from wiki just to notice it is only supported in A3? :P

Yup, it's just... better, not only one thing in general... many things. Almost as if every single thing has some awesome extra in A3. Ever felt like adding a code to A2 from wiki just to notice it is only supported in A3? :P

Apart from the futuristic looking vehicles and that it wont be 'dayz' any longer?

They have a lot of things going on right now.  Getting A3 Epoch ready to be open to the public is probably their highest priority at the moment.  A2 Epoch 1.0.5.1 works fine for the most part, so it will likely be way down on the priority list.  And let's face reality here too, folks.  Shortly after A3 Epoch is released further development of A2 Epoch will likely cease.  A2 Epoch 1.0.6 will probably be the last A2 Epoch release.

Apologies i didnt mean to sound so ungrateful or impatient but A2 epoch seems to have been a bit neglected lately with all the problems going on ie - battleye fhked, dayz commander a mess and the actually epoch mod having problems that need fixing.

Also the whole interface is getting stale and it takes the community to make the game more fun. Its just a whole lot of hassle to keep a server running and its upsetting to see players leave after all the effort.

I would tend to agree.  The demand on the dev team for A3Epoch is likely to be pretty high for quite a while and, even with the best of intentions, they most likely just don't have the time available to concentrate on A2 Epoch.

@MG-Maximus

It is kinda hard to justify spending lots of time on A2 based mods when A3 gives a lot more power with more security (for the most part), nicer graphics, more play options and character customisation.  Someone has also released a pack for A3 allowing you to load the A2 maps and someone else has a mod that puts all the A2 civ vehicles in A3.  DayZ in A3 may be possible although I think a lot of people are moving away from the questionable zombies :) .

@Raymix

Think of all those empty, non-loot spawning buildings that no one would ever go in to if they didn't have to get away from running zombies that can only walk indoors  ;) .

Not a huge fan of A3 Epoch mainly because the A3 maps suck. I also haven't found a single vehicle or any other players. I'll be staying with Dayz Epoch for a long time to come.

I agree. Also, as bad as the zombies are in A2 at least there are some. I won't be moving to A3 at all. If some other zombie game had the customization of A2 and Dayz, I might consider that - don't know of one that does.

Not a huge fan of A3 Epoch mainly because the A3 maps suck. I also haven't found a single vehicle or any other players. I'll be staying with Dayz Epoch for a long time to come.

Yeah the stock A3 maps aren't good for this style of gameplay.  They're great for a milsim.  Not so much for Epoch.  If I knew how to make maps I'd be all over it right now.  

I'm waiting quite impatiently for the public release.  Nearly all my players have left A2 Epoch in favor of A3 Epoch, so my dedi box is going largely unused.  As someone else mentioned, it sucks after putting all that work into it....just finally getting most of the bugs worked out and then everybody bails.  lol!  But....gotta go with what your players want.  It's their donations that pay the bills.  

The Devs have said A3 Epoch is meant to be good for customisation when it becomes fully available to players.  We will have to see how they have built the framework for modders to use.

Myself and Raymix have also just started working on a new (from scratch) A3 mod as well.

If you just recapture what A2 Epoch is and what A3 epoch is going to be like... well many wouldn't like where it is going

even if the A3 epoch wouldn't give you the option to lock bases and vehicles, modders would implement it..

Big big change from A2 to A3 is simply the atmosphere ... which is crap in A3 I think... just because of altis

Altis isn't the map I want to play on. well for the rest.. Zombies changed to some other things that are as annoying as zombies

the only thing I could complain about zombies as they are right now is the pathfinding and the that they are basicly all the same just other models

You can kill them for the loot/fun/humanity and they are quiet realistic compared to exploding things, super stone gods and witches... If you asked me I would prefer them over what is in now

You wouldn't even need to call the new antagonists zombies, they just should be hard to fight against because of their mass, like zeds are right now.

Sappers and the witches can be easily killed or avoided  if you actually find one of them..

Now a lot of people would complain... "Ahhh zeds so sh*t cuz they annoy during combat...!! This is better in A3 Epoch" you simply haven't played A3 Epoch for a long time now... if a sapper or a which attacks you during combat its the same or even worse..

You will be always fighting against 2 enemy groups if there are AI and AI should be hard, dumb but hard. (dumb in terms of not being the real enemy over other players)

Just for the AI.. well.. the atmosphere too.. Altis is no postapocalyptic map at all ( A3 Epoch still claims to be and would be if set in a good map)

All the other features are essential well thought about and well done but they are mainly A2 Epoch with some changes

-Cars that are itself lockable (just the idea)

-female everything

-traders

-basebuilding

and lockable vaults (lockbox only atm)

give it a try and read

http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php

Its still claimed to be something completely different (said on forums and twitch sometimes, well cant prove it since Iam bit lazy atm)

The only thing changed is the map ..

and the AI

so the AI is now even more "unrealistic" and futuristic

and there are normal patrols included, which is good in my opinion but well

The thing I felt let down about is the idea behind A3 epoch.

Survival theme and post apocalyptic ... I thought "yeah!"

Now it feels like Altis life with looting and base building... if the AI wasn't running by sometimes.. it would be a better made Altis life..

No need to survive, no need to rp, and the IDEA of what epoch was getting big of is sometimes totally missing..

We used to play A2 Epoch because it had additions to dayz... good additions but those additions were matching to the theme and were in beautiful balance with the dayz features

A2 epoch is the best thing to show that sometimes its the whole everything that makes everything good and fun

while A3 epoch is currently showing that a single part of the everything is just... not enough in terms of feeling

if dayz epoch would have been ported in the way that it isn't named dayz anymore (something like breaking point did, and I still dont like BP I was just searching for an example) it would have been a heck load of fun

and I really hope that this will change in later patches

as of now I wont do the loot-shot-lose-repeat cycle of A3 epoch

to refer that to the topic... I can only hope that 1.0.6. is coming out on 31st of October, so that at least A2 Epoch is going to be great for some more time