How's 1.0.5.2 coming along?

There's a lot of repost that are still pending to be merged. After they are added, more testing will be required.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/network

@Rimblock - I'll give it a shot once it's merged, but I'm telling you right away - people who work on scripts usually tend to do things "the right way", hence it is hard to find problems. These things are better tested on a field... people are good at breaking them, at least they always find a way, usually with non-traditional methods, lol. P4L same as SBP got a lot of version bumps recently using mission file versions only.

So as long as you feel comfy with your script, it should be fine (plus it's toggleable, right?). I mean .. worst case scenario PBO/mission files (pot/kettle)... quick fixes can be applied to patch up a single file or two if the bug is game breaking, unless configs are used (which they aren't). Best example was 1.0.5 relase with broken config for chainsaws, but you are not using those kind of configs. Any other config file (SBP) can also be fixed within mission file... so there's that :)

I am glad modular build was accepted, this way doing minor fixes mission side will be a breeze, if required.

There's a lot of repost that are still pending to be merged. After they are added, more testing will be required.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/network

@Rimblock - I'll give it a shot once it's merged, but I'm telling you right away - people who work on scripts usually tend to do things "the right way", hence it is hard to find problems. These things are better tested on a field... people are good at breaking them, at least they always find a way, usually with non-traditional methods, lol. P4L same as SBP got a lot of version bumps recently using mission file versions only.

So as long as you feel comfy with your script, it should be fine (plus it's toggleable, right?). I mean .. worst case scenario PBO/mission files (pot/kettle)... quick fixes can be applied to patch up a single file or two if the bug is game breaking, unless configs are used (which they aren't). Best example was 1.0.5 relase with broken config for chainsaws, but you are not using those kind of configs. Any other config file (SBP) can also be fixed within mission file... so there's that :)

I am glad modular build was accepted, this way doing minor fixes mission side will be a breeze, if required.

Yeah, saw there was still quite a list of items to be pulled in.

APfL can be turned on or off but it still affects things either way.  The option variable just denotes whether to put the steamID of the owner or the characterID of the owner in the new objects ownerUID variable and what to compare it against for any checks.  This means, after it is installed that it will work turned on or off for any items build after the install without any sql or other trickery.  Items built before the install will work with it turned off but not with it turned on without some realignment sql or I may build a function.

The test server was made available for people to try it on without needing to do anymore than install the small pbo to their client but it seems less popular than I had hoped.  Oh well will do some basic testing on door up/downgrades and the tag refiendly system and that should be fairly good for a simple set of testing.

Yep, the modular building system should make patching a bit easier, for player_build at least.  Maybe we should tackle fn_selfactions as that also seems to have grown in to quite a monster ;) .

Yep, the modular building system should make patching a bit easier, for player_build at least.  Maybe we should tackle fn_selfactions as that also seems to have grown in to quite a monster ;) .

I've looked into it a little. Seems like that whole (and too damn huge) function is called like every 0.5 seconds (or something close to that). Splitting it up would be pain in the butt tho, it would affect too much of the current structure for little gain.. or no gain at all.

What I am thinking of would be actually getting rid of it completely and start utilizing dialogs on demand instead. 

So instead of walking up to a trader and waiting trough desync (or busy functions) for option to finally pop up, player could press TAB and a dialog would appear. Dialog controls would be hidden/shown (or activated by moving mouse over region) depending on what type of target it is, disregarding any useless information. 

Same dialog could be used for vicinity check like they do in Dayz SA as well as activating any extra scripts admins are adding - bike spawns, self BB etc, just to get rid off actions altogether. Another example is snap or vector building. Press tab, point your mouse to selection, release the button without any mouse clicks done at all. It could potentially even replace commanding menus with some clever coding of handles to do shortcuts like TAB+0/9 (which adds to current structure of saceinterrupt instead of replacing it)

Not a hard task, just time consuming.

Interesting and fairly radical idea.  I do like options popping up that I can access with the mouse rather than another key epecially when in combat  but could be worth a look.

Probably better taking it to another thread though ;) .

With that plot for life, will we be able to convert everything built by players to the new ID so everything they built can be maintained them?

The sql to do that on a one by one basis is already available on my thread.  Doing more than that is tricky as any characterID over 2 digits could be a door lock code and over 3 digits could be a safe code.

The other alternative would be to put in a one time function that can be turned on or off and will align all buildables in the plot pole radious to the plot pole owners ownership.  That would be pretty simple but it depends if that is what people want.

The sql to do that on a one by one basis is already available on my thread.  Doing more than that is tricky as any characterID over 2 digits could be a door lock code and over 3 digits could be a safe code.

The other alternative would be to put in a one time function that can be turned on or off and will align all buildables in the plot pole radious to the plot pole owners ownership.  That would be pretty simple but it depends if that is what people want.

Tbh, that is how Epoch SHOULD be.

Would give base raiding a whole new dimension... should also reset all door and safe codes to 000/0000.

That way, if someone breaks into your base, all they have to do is dig up your plot pole, put it back down again and All Your Base is Belong to Them.

I see one or two small pulls got merged yesterday so stuff is still being added.

Personally I think they need to set a cutoff point ofr items to be included in 1.0.5.2 or there is never going to be a pool of calm for testing pre release before the storm of bugs post release ;) .

Without an official statement I wouldnt expect any update of Arma 2 Epoch over the next weeks. I think they really try to finish up 0.1 of Arma 3 Epoch. I remember seeing that "release date" moving multiple times when we were awaiting 1.0.5. Not sure if they set this date or if its kinda procedual generated. Before 1.0.5. multiple RC where made to test the shit out of the patch. Nothing of that happened yet. I also remember one of them saying that they might skip 1.0.5.2 and directly jumping to 1.0.6. I think I heard that in one of their streams.

I figure for Epoch the way to get the release date is...

1. Get the date they said they'd release it.
  2. Add six.
  3. Square root it.
  4. Cube it.
  5. Times it by pie.
  6. Then find the square root again.
  7. Date + x = release date.

Ta da! You found the release date.

So between the 20th and 21st?