1.0.5.1 - Player Built Structures Disappearing

Updated server to 1.0.5.1 and everything is going well except for one issue... There is a player on my server who has a fairly large base built on Skalisty Island. His base is 100% maintained and paid for on his plot pole. After every restart for the past 4-5 restarts, anywhere from 2-10 built walls/doors/floors just vanish. They are getting deleted from the database as well, so I know it's not an issue with it just not rendering. The items never reappear.

Any thoughts on what might be causing it? I feel like it has something to do with being over our vehicle limit, so I purged all unlocked vehicles with empty inventory and took the server below the max vehicle limit, but parts of his base still disappeared after the next reboot. Now I don't know where to look next. It seems to only be happening to this one player whose base is nowhere near any other player's base. Where should I look next to try to resolve this issue?

Cheers.

Updated...

...Cheers.

First thing you need to check is variable "CleanupPlacedAfterDays" in your HiveExt.ini

Be sure that CleanupPlacedAfterDayz doesn't have a ";" in the beginning. And check the amount of days (6 by default).

Second - check you SQL DB functions and events - some of them can wipe cars/objects if events are badly configured.

First thing you need to check is variable "CleanupPlacedAfterDays" in your HiveExt.ini

Be sure that CleanupPlacedAfterDayz doesn't have a ";" in the beginning. And check the amount of days (6 by default).

Second - check you SQL DB functions and events - some of them can wipe cars/objects if events are badly configured.

Can confirm neither of those are the issue. Any other ideas?  :unsure:

Also, it has started happening to people all over the map, not just on Skalisty Island. I haven't been able to decipher a pattern from the items being deleted. Some things getting deleted are newly built, some are towards the end of the maintenance time (8 days), and all matters in between. If I could figure out some sort of pattern of data then I'm hoping I can figure out the reason behind it happening. None of this happened before updating to 1.0.5.1.

Ran a SQL query to update the time stamp and damage of all objects in the database. For whatever reason, plot poles were saying 0 objects in range and weren't allowing anybody to maintain their base. Something got messed up between upgrading to 1.0.5, 1.0.5.1 and migrating from HFB server to a new host. After resetting everything, nothing is decaying anymore. In case anybody wants the SQL query that I ran (We use HeidiSQL) to refresh everything, here you go:

select count(*) from object_data;  

select * from object_data;  

update object_data set datestamp = curdate(), lastupdated = curdate();
update object_data set damage = 0 where damage = .1;

After our next server reboot, I plan on setting the damage of the buildables in my base to .1 to make sure the plot pole will give me the option to maintain this time so I know whether or not it's fully resolved and not just temporary.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ziggah
      The editor just seems really clunky and impractical. Plus when using it, most of the buildings and trees are gone, so I can't build bases on top of premade buildings (which is the meat and bone of DayZ in my opinion). Anyone know how to practice building?
      One of my favourite things in games is base building. To be more specific, making shooting ports. Arrow slit like holes that make it impossible to kill you from a certain angle. They're really OP in games like Rust. The building system in Epoch is my absolute favourite, I'd play on empty servers just so I can dupe glitch in cinder blocks and shit and make epic bases (then never play on the server again). But I usually practice on sandbox servers in Rust, Is there anything similar in DayZ Epoch? I have no experience making my own servers, so that is out of the question.
    • By Gabriel12237
      Hello Community 

Sorry for my bad English.

I Search a lingor Script With 2 mods. (Plot4life and plotmanagement) .can you send me pls a Script for Lingor With the 2 or more scripts? Thank you very much guys.

Cheers 
    • By Zer0Cool0
      I'm running Zupa coins on my dayz overpoch server. And whenever server restarts (and I assume when a player logs out) the player's coins disappear from their inventory .
      If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

Edit : I am missing banking_data in my db. How would I impliment it?
    • By THAC0_Gewch
      https://github.com/OlofTheBald/DayZ-Humanity-Loadout-Granter
    • By Guyver1
      Not sure if this has ever come up before but maintenance and maintaining bases currently is only aimed at a very specific set of Epoch players at the exclusion of players like myself.

I play regularly on Epoch, 3-4 times a week after work for an hour or two a night (full time job and a family)

Playing as a lone wolf sniper as well as not being able to play every day, pretty much excludes me completely from any form of meaningful base building as I simply cannot maintain any form of base as I cannot play often enough to do so.

Has there been any discussion within the dev team about this?

What about other forms of deterioration of building materials such as an 'age' value whereby say a wooden wall section 1 day old would require a satchel to destroy, whereas after 7 days, it would require only a grenade, something like that.

Or just remove maintenance and degradation completely and give each building component a damage value, and add new base building components such as reinforced concrete (scrap metal and Cinder block) that has a huge damage value (almost indestructible, but can only be used for walls and not for floors/roofs)

Right now, I am missing out on a significant part of Epoch simply because I have a full time job and family and cannot play the hours required to maintain base parts. That to me seems like a poor way of implementing that mechanic of the game that excludes a certain % of your player base from ever building anything that will last with any meaning.

At least add in an alternative to the maintenance system so that server admins can choose between the two?

• Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord