[TUTORIAL] Harvestable hemp, smoking weed, pot farms.

FragZ

I love it when morons take other scripts and say they are their own. This is a modified takinstan life pot harvesting code, the only difference is instead of it being an proximity activation he just made it a right click on knife option.....

Seriously are people that dumb....

/*

put together for DayZ Epoch

Credits to Shogun338 from Insurrection gaming

modified for separate "gather weed" script

*/

private ["_gearmenu","_playerPos","_nearWeed","_weed","_objectID","_objectUID"];

_playerPos = getPosATL player;

_hempqty = {_x == "ItemKiloHemp"} count magazines player;

_nearWeed = count nearestObjects [_playerPos, ["fiberplant"], 4] > 0;

_weed = nearestObject [player, "fiberplant"];

if !(_nearWeed) exitWith {

cutText [format["You need to be near the weed plants in order to gather."], "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

if (_hempqty > 2) exitWith {

cutText [format["WARNING: %1, You have maximum amount of weed in your inventory! You could get arrested by the police ;)", name player], "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

if (dayz_combat == 1) then {

cutText [format["You are in Combat and Cannot Gather the Weed."], "PLAIN DOWN"];

} else {

disableSerialization;

_gearmenu = FindDisplay 106;

_gearmenu CloseDisplay 106;

player playActionNow "Medic";

r_interrupt = false;

sleep 6;

_objectID = _weed getVariable["ObjectID","0"];

_objectUID = _weed getVariable["ObjectUID","0"];

deleteVehicle _weed;

[_objectID,_objectUID] call server_deleteObj;

_weed setDamage 1;

player addMagazine "ItemKiloHemp";

sleep 2;

cutText [format["You've Gathered Some Weed! Smoke that shit or sell it at Black market dealer!!"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

};

I love it when morons take other scripts and say they are their own. This is a modified takinstan life pot harvesting code, the only difference is instead of it being an proximity activation he just made it a right click on knife option.....

Seriously are people that dumb....

/*

put together for DayZ Epoch

Credits to Shogun338 from Insurrection gaming

modified for separate "gather weed" script

*/

Where EXACTLY did He state he created this ?? The only info about its creation is where he states this  

"I DO NOT TAKE CREDITS FOR THE HARVESTING SCRIPT. Credits to original authors." 

"put together" does not say created by...

anyone want my teargas.sqf version of this ???

should I post it here or in releases ?

All I did was 

nearestObject [getpos player, "SmokeShell" 

and then used his effects to alter video for 60 seconds.

its not much of a release but my  "PLAYER" singular likes it.

I then have artillery strikes  with teargas instead of artillery 

this is cool, works great.

i wonder if it could be easily modified to incorporate Poppy plants but what would it give you for doing that? is that opium in Arma 2 classnames? maybe i could just make it give you morphine, lol. whats the classname for the poppy plants i see on Napf, anyone know?

is there a way to dynamicaly spawn the hemp , like with the building system or snap pro  and not in the mission file ?

I plant it like this with deploy anything

cost is 1 hemp and waterbottle 

it respawns after restart  harvested or not

["ItemEtool",[0,8,0],10,-1,false,false,false,true,true,false,false,["fiberplant"],[],["ItemKiloHemp","ItemWaterbottle"],"true"]

anyone know the classname of poppy plant ??

I plant it like this with deploy anything

cost is 1 hemp and waterbottle 

it respawns after restart  harvested or not

["ItemEtool",[0,8,0],10,-1,false,false,false,true,true,false,false,["fiberplant"],[],["ItemKiloHemp","ItemWaterbottle"],"true"]

anyone know the classname of poppy plant ??

This did not work for me

someone could help, I think my problem is with Right Click Options Add Items To maca134 not know exactly if I did well.
this code:
(player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code \ compile \ ui_selectSlot.sqf";)
replaces my day_code \ init \ compiles.sqf or my custom \ compiles.sqf ???
ui_selectSlot.sqf and modify or create a new one ???

thanks in advance I would like it to work this script on my server

This did not work for me

USE A COMMA IF ITS NOT THE LAST IN YOUR LIST. sry capslock 

It works great on my napf server.

what happends when you try to deploy it ??

Hey FragZ, I used your PPEFFECTS to create teargas.. 

since I could not find  a shared script for it anywhere.

teargas.sqf

Mind if I Share it  with credits ???

add to init.sqf

//Teargas
_null = [] execVM "custom\teargas.sqf";

That could be nice :_)

Is it possible that when you craft certain items with the weed, like gasoline, you can get the LSD effect? Kind of like "laced" weed.

What do you mean, like adding a right click option on the ItemKiloHemp to craft something? I guess you could use the smokeshit.sqf effects and add your *crafting* part after. Never tried so couldn't really tell! :P

What do you mean, like adding a right click option on the ItemKiloHemp to craft something? I guess you could use the smokeshit.sqf effects and add your *crafting* part after. Never tried so couldn't really tell! :P

Well,

If I were to add "ItemGoldBar" to it while smelting it down, I could have a "laced blunt" or something of the sort.

Well,

If I were to add "ItemGoldBar" to it while smelting it down, I could have a "laced blunt" or something of the sort.

As far as it is part of the game' engine it should be alright. Just add an option to give the player the said item I guess.

Example:

player addMagazine 'ItemGoldBar'; //This should work IMO correct me if I am wrong

Awesome Tutorial I smoke a Blunt in your honour. Thank You.

Curious if anyone figured out how to lower your Food & Drink levels...makes sense to me to give the tokers the munchies

as well is there a way to only smoke at the Hookah's? if so can someone tell me how or point me in right direction? 

How would we add green smoke effect when smoking also? Hmm Gotta try smoking while driving to see if that works..would love to see a green trail going down the road or throu the air while Fly'n High  8>)

"Ganja Airlines where we fly High"  currently that's my motto anyway as I always fly no higher than 100m usually only about 25m-50m.

http://youtu.be/X63hsIyw82o