[TUTORIAL] Harvestable hemp, smoking weed, pot farms.

FragZ

nice, but that dose not answer my question man, lol.  i seen it on a server that i was and still playing on but cant get a hold of the scripter. he added a little piece of script to the blackmarket trader to when u go up to him, u scroll on the mouse wheel and u have the option to sell all the weed u have for 2 10oz gold and it will sell all the weed in ur inventory 1 at a time instead of going in to the trader menu and selling it 1 at a time urself.

That is something you got to talk about with your scripter it's his job I don't know what he did lol.

As for the random spotting, that is pretty usefull!

would proberbly be better if you changed it to check if players inventory is full instead ... tbh i think setting a limit to how many you can have in your inventory is a bit stupid, since you can just put some down and harvest more, however checking if inventory is full will make sure the player can not have more magazines than allowed in inventory.

also i made a little somethin-somethin here for everyone who does not know how to use the editor or if you are just tierd of the same old field in the same old spot:

this script will create a random amount of farms and plants each restart, plants are created "labyrinth style" so it will seem like its placed perfectly close no matter how many plants you want and where they end up, markers are automaticly set for each farm and there is an option to blacklist areas like tradecitys ... (as always in my scripts) there is a few settings you can customize a bit ...

you can set how many farms you want max/min, how many plants you want max/min, how far from roads you want it to spawn and blacklisted areas where weed will not spawn (areas for cherno and napf is preset).

have fun:

The point of adding it was an easter egg about people saying its bad to have weed, of course if they want more they can still harvest some it's on their end.

I don't really want to limit it it was just for troll purpose :)

If you want to post the part you said about checking inventory I will add it to the OP and quote you.

Is there a way to make the plants re appear after some time after harvesting. 

I posted about that on scripting help got no reply. I wanted them to respawn every 30 minutes... Instead of every 4 hours (my restart time).

If someone has something to offer to do that they are free to do it :)

I posted about that on scripting help got no reply. I wanted them to respawn every 30 minutes... Instead of every 4 hours (my restart time).

If someone has something to offer to do that they are free to do it :)

my script dosnt include regrowing the weed (alltho i might add that at some point), but you can quite easy add more random farms, more weed in those farms or both ...

my script dosnt include regrowing the weed (alltho i might add that at some point), but you can quite easy add more random farms, more weed in those farms or both ...

I already did.

My version of the farms have randomisation spawning points, as well as around 50 plants at my AI villa. Though, lot of people (including me) wants to make them respawnable so people doesn't clear Ai villa for shit, and I want to lower their price (the weed price).

Hello there, i have a problem, when i click on the option to my knife it says i need to be near the weed plant.

If i spawn in some hemp myself i can take it so that part works...i just cant collect the weed

any help would be great plz

i have attached my server pbo if anyone can spare the time plz

cheers

robbie

dayz_server.zip

nice, but that dose not answer my question man, lol.  i seen it on a server that i was and still playing on but cant get a hold of the scripter. he added a little piece of script to the blackmarket trader to when u go up to him, u scroll on the mouse wheel and u have the option to sell all the weed u have for 2 10oz gold and it will sell all the weed in ur inventory 1 at a time instead of going in to the trader menu and selling it 1 at a time urself.

Do this...

In your Database under server_traders table. Find the Trader. IN his Static section put the following...

["ItemBriefcase10oz","ItemKiloHemp",1,10,"buy","Hemp","Gold Bar 10oz",101]

Now open up your Sever_traders.sqf in your mission file.

Find the Trader. For my custom trader it looks like this..

// Hemp Dealer

menu_Hooker4 = [

[["Hemp",693]],

[["ItemGoldBar10oz","ItemKiloHemp",1,10,"buy","Hemp","Gold Bar 10oz",101]],

"neutral"  

Done. The trader will now buy 10 stacks of Hemp! :)

Zero

P.s. If you need help, heres my teamspeak. sj01.gameservers.com:9330 If I am not on message me here with a meet time. If Im in my office on TS just poke me!

Hello there, i have a problem, when i click on the option to my knife it says i need to be near the weed plant.

If i spawn in some hemp myself i can take it so that part works...i just cant collect the weed

any help would be great plz

i have attached my server pbo if anyone can spare the time plz

cheers

robbie

We will also need your mission PBO. What Map are you using?

Zero

hiya, its working now thanks very much :)

i get a kilo from 1 cut..is there any to lower the amount and craft it into a kilo?

many thanks

robbie

No unfortunately, not without heavy modification to the game files and some custom modeiling and texturing, etc. You can change the price they sell for though. :)

Zero

EDIT:That retextured SUV is hilarious!!!

_vehicle_5 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_b_betulaHumilis", [4048.9565, 7805.9746], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_5 = _this;
  _this setPos [4048.9565, 7805.9746];
};

to

_vehicle_5 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["fiberplant", [4050.6616, 7809.3203], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_5 = _this;
  _this setPos [4050.6616, 7809.3203];
};

Do the usual changes for a building file and save it as weedfarm.sqf  then go to your server.pbo and put it in buildings folder.
What are the usual changes for a building file? :3

Default mission.sqf code example, areas to edit show indicated.

----------------------------------------------------------Remove start Here
activateAddons [
];
                                                                   Replace with: if (isServer) then {
activateAddons [];
initAmbientLife;
----------------------------------------------------------Remove End Here

_vehicle_4 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_ruin_corner_2", [14110.31, 2782.1448, 3.8146973e-006], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_4 = _this;
  _this setPos [14110.31, 2782.1448, 3.8146973e-006];
};

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Remove Start Here
_this = createCenter west;
_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = _group_0 createUnit ["GER_Soldier_EP1", [14116.508, 2764.6309, 4.0054321e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_2 = _this;
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
  if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
  if (true) then {setPlayable _this;};
};
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Remove End Here

_vehicle_192 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_a_stationhouse", [5160.0171, 2183.0002, 0.14117265], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_192 = _this;
  _this setDir 211.89264;
  _this setPos [5160.0171, 2183.0002, 0.14117265];
};

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Remove Start Here
processInitCommands;
runInitScript;                                                                                   Replace with: }; By Mr. Smith e.t.c
finishMissionInit;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Remove End Here

What are the usual changes for a building file? :3

you can use this to automaticly build random weed fields with markers on any map, each restart:

http://pastebin.com/juMsuJ1r

Default mission.sqf code example, areas to edit show indicated.

why dont you just add my script to your tutorial, so users dont needs to go in the editor and build them, unless they really want to?

you can use this to automaticly build random weed fields with markers on any map, each restart:

http://pastebin.com/juMsuJ1r

why dont you just add my script to your tutorial, so users dont needs to go in the editor and build them, unless they really want to?

Halv,

How is this script executed? Sorry if it is obvious, running on little sleep. lol

Zero

EDIT: This should definitely be added to tutorial, would make it way easier on some folks thanks to Halv! I already have custom fields put in with large amounts of plants and AI guarding them ;) I want my players to meet a challenge. I am now considering using Halvs script as well for some little small random fields for new players to visit with out AI spawns. Both options would make the tutorial well rounded :)

Halv,

How is this script executed? Sorry if it is obvious, running on little sleep. lol

Zero

EDIT: This should definitely be added to tutorial, would make it way easier on some folks thanks to Halv! I already have custom fields put in with large amounts of plants and AI guarding them ;) I want my players to meet a challenge. I am now considering using Halvs script as well for some little small random fields for new players to visit with out AI spawns. Both options would make the tutorial well rounded :)

I have added it 2 days ago or so. Look better :)