Sign in to follow this  
Eddard

Craft building and disappearance

Question

Hi, first thanks for this mod 'cause i like it really !

I wanted to know how i can increasing the time of whole the craft (i don't want that they stay until 5 days after death but more) ?

I have a private server where we play in role play and we want that the building stay more longer time after death (and not just 5 days, it is not enough for us).

I search the information on google and i don't find it so i hope that someone will can help me and explain how i can change that on my server ?

Thanks you.

2 answers to this question

You need to edit your HiveExt.ini file with the following:

;Negative values will disable this feature

;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

Ok there is a line in your hiveExt.ini i got this from no one i had to find it from my friend. 

;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from ?

Table = object_data

Make sure that where it says object_data that it is case sensitive then it should stop cleaning objects.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By thegdog
      when attempting to upgrade my doorways.  im getting not setup yet error.  no errors in rpt other then one thats been spamming it the entire time.  i dont know if this error is causing the other issues im having that iv made other post about
      Error Type Any, expected String 0:36:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 41 0:36:55 Error in expression <ceFoot = 0;   
    • By iben
      Hello guys,
      currently I'm working on couple addons for my server and from time to time,
      when coding, some answers to your questions pops up in my head.
      Couple days ago I was asked about server restart time and uptime. Well,
      why not to share it - BUT... nothing bad about current solution you're probably using!
      In fact, the code for this is everywhere - that's right. I did it my way not because
      I couldn't use common code - but just because I'm still learning a lot - and because I needed
      restart time/uptime solution for my files.
      So here is it... if you want to try, test it and let me know. The true is, I haven't time to test
      it properly. So I'm gonna be happy to hear your thoughts...
      ===
      Big thanks always goes to:
      DayZ Epoch developers, collaborators and contributors (thank you guys for your excellent work!) ===
      Changelog:
      [2017-06-04], v1.0 | Initial release ===
      Read "Goodbye". Wish you the best guys!
      ===
      How it looks like:
      // =========================================================================== // FUNCTIONS LIBRARY >> Universal server timer function // =========================================================================== // @Function name: fnc_IBEN_uniSTime // =========================================================================== // @Remarks: // - Can be called 2 ways: // * Restart/Uptime with label // * Restart/Uptime without label // @Parameters: // - Time for restart cycle in seconds | number // - Time mode (values: "restart"/"uptime") | string // - Label (example: "Restart in") | string // @Related files: // - none // @Example: // - For server time we are using global var: SERV_RESTART = 10800; (3h) // - restart time with no label // * [SERV_RESTART,"restart"] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // - restart time with label // * [SERV_RESTART,["restart","Restart in"]] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // - uptime with no label // * [SERV_RESTART,"uptime"] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // - uptime with label // * [SERV_RESTART,["uptime","Time from start"]] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // @Returns: // - time string in format: "h:mm", or "Restart in: h:mm" // =========================================================================== private ["_serverCycle","_timerParams","_timerType","_label","_useLabel","_minArr", "_srvTime","_goTime","_leftTime","_opTime","_hours","_y","_minutes","_key","_sub", "_notLabel","_useLabel"]; _label = ""; // label reset _useLabel = false; _serverCycle = _this select 0; _timerParams = _this select 1; if (typeName _timerParams != "ARRAY") then { _timerType = _timerParams; _useLabel = false; } else { _timerType = _timerParams select 0; _label = _timerParams select 1; _useLabel = true; }; _minArr = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0]; _srvTime = "0h 00min"; // @info: default time _goTime = 0; _goTime = serverTime; _leftTime = (round (_serverCycle - _goTime)); _opTime = [_goTime,_leftTime] select (_timerType == "restart"); if (_leftTime > 0) then { _hours = (floor ((_opTime / 60) / 60)); _minutes = (floor ((_opTime / 60) - (_hours * 60))); _key = _minutes; { _sub = _minArr select _x; if (_sub == _key) exitWith { _minutes = _sub; }; } count _minArr; _minutes = [_minutes,format["0%1",_minutes]] select (_minutes < 10); _notLabel = format ["%1h %2m",_hours,_minutes]; _incLabel = format ["%1: %2h %3m",_label,_hours,_minutes]; _srvTime = [_notLabel,_incLabel] select (_useLabel); } else { _srvTime }; _srvTime // === :: fnc_IBEN_uniSTime END ===
      Check source code (Github)
      ===
      FEATURES:
      Not big deal, just small piece of code as output from my work to make things easier... Function is able to output Restart time or Uptime with single line code (see bellow) and can be easily integrated into your code. If you restart system fails (or you with settings :) and time is over, time stays formatted as: '0h:00min' Usage examples: debug monitor, log time (diag_log) etc. It's a function - you can easily maintain your "time" code... ===
      How to install:
      It's actually very easy: practical example is the best way to explain, what needs to be done. See repo structure and files.
      Source files are available at Github repo. You can download them from here.
      ===
      How to use it:
      = General usage:
      // @Parameters: // - Time for restart cycle in seconds | number // - Time mode (values: "restart"/"uptime") | string // - Label (example: "Restart in") | string // ========================================================== // @Scenario: // - First, we store our server restart time into global variable // so we can easily use it anywhere and change it at once later, // if we want to change time: if (isNil SERV_RESTART) then { SERV_RESTART = 10800; }; // @example 01: Restart time with no label [SERV_RESTART,"restart"] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // @example 02: Restart time with label [SERV_RESTART,["restart","Restart in"]] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // @example 03: Uptime with label [SERV_RESTART,["uptime","Time from start"]] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; // @Returns: // - Time string in format: "h:mm", or "Restart in: h:mm" ===
      ...easy enough, isn't it?
      ===
      = Specific usage:
      // === Scenario 01: // It's very easy to add it to your debug monitor code. In fact, we're not gonna to cover // this specific scenario - just look around forum, there are plenty of releases. // But... many time I heard question like: "How can I add restart time/uptime to the right // bottom screen corner the way how watermark is?". // Well, this is our first scenario: // === What to do: // It's actually pretty easy: just grab your files from my repo - how to implement you will // easily find out from prepared files - just follow repo structure. // Done? OK - so you integrated 'fnc_IBEN_uniSTime' into your compiled files and you can // use it now. // Everyone has some kind of debug monitor, right? So just add this piece of code: while {1 == 1} do { private ["_Tinfo","_Tval",...some local vars]; // ... your debug monitor code // ======================================================================= // GUI: RESTART TIMEOUT (see picture bellow) // (but you can add uptime with/withou label - look for examples above) // ======================================================================= _Tval = [SERV_RESTART,["restart","Restart in"]] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime; _Tinfo = format ["<t size='.35' align='right' font='TahomaB'>%1</t>", _Tval]; [ _Tinfo ,safezoneX * -1 ,0.98 * safezoneH + safezoneY ,9999 ,0 ,0 ,50009 ] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText; // your code for parsing text bellow uiSleep 2; }; // === Scenario 02: // Let's implement formatted time info into your debug output (logs). // === What to do: // Just add: diga_log format ["=== [DEBUG] Player %1 (%2) just found your secret item. [%3]", (name player), getPlayerUID player, [SERV_RESTART,["uptime","Uptime"]] call fnc_IBEN_uniSTime)]]; // RPT output: "=== [DEBUG] Player iben (8542514521...) just found your secret item. [Uptime: 1h:30min]" // === Done! ===
      Screen right bottom time watermark (showcase):

===
      ...that's all... Have Fun!!!
      Cheers...
      ===
    • By nova
      Hello. I was wondering if there was a way for when players take down their own wall or door for the item to go back into their inventory instead of it being deleted. 
    • By Thug
      In the HiveExt.ini if I wanted to set the time to say 1415, would you set it as 1415, 14:15 or does it have to be on the hour?
      [Time]
      ;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
      ;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
      Type = Static
      ;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
      Offset = -4
      ;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
      Hour = 14
    • By ziggah
      The editor just seems really clunky and impractical. Plus when using it, most of the buildings and trees are gone, so I can't build bases on top of premade buildings (which is the meat and bone of DayZ in my opinion). Anyone know how to practice building?
      One of my favourite things in games is base building. To be more specific, making shooting ports. Arrow slit like holes that make it impossible to kill you from a certain angle. They're really OP in games like Rust. The building system in Epoch is my absolute favourite, I'd play on empty servers just so I can dupe glitch in cinder blocks and shit and make epic bases (then never play on the server again). But I usually practice on sandbox servers in Rust, Is there anything similar in DayZ Epoch? I have no experience making my own servers, so that is out of the question.
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord