[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

Has anyone found a way to fix the "Sorry you don't have a heli in the evac field" problem that occurs when you die and respawn or when you log out and back in?  I've tried moving, changing, editing lines...still same problem.  I can't figure out what the problem is?  The script "sets" the evac heli pad, takes the required briefcases for payment, and I can call heli as long as I haven't died or logged out and back in.

Hey All,

Have had this script installed for a while now and thought it was working fine,

Recently have had a few issues with the evac choppers hovering a couple of feet of the ground and not actually landing, they just sit there until they either run out of fuel, or you shoot the rotar out, any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance

Having a problem with this script and wanted to see if anyone else has run into this. Three things...

1.) When enabled, this script causes the load screen to hang just after the Character Setup has completed. If i comment it out of the inti, the load up is fast and doesn't hang.

2.) When first logging in, players will have the Call Evac Chopper in their action menu even if they don't have an Evac Chopper setup. Not a huge deal just causes some confusion occasionally.

3.) Like I have seen posted here before, on some occasions, a helipad doesn't get removed and cannot be removed by setting a new evac chopper. Must go through database and find and remove.

Anyone else get these two issues? Otherwise a great script!

Zero

Ever get any of these resolved?  We have the same issues.

Thank you for sharing this script. Everyone has had nothing but good things to say about it on my server. I was wondering if someone could help me reword the EvacChopper_init to allow me to Clear and Set evac chopper from my personal menu. Call for Evac pops up all the time and i would like to keep all my addons in one menu. I am using Action menu script to keep rules and other addons organized in one place. I can call the heli but I can't set or clear this way because I have no idea how to not break the code in the EvacChopper_init.sqf

HeliEvac =

[
["",true],
["Call Evac", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript6 ,"CallEvacChopper.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["Set Evac", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript6 ,"SetEvacChopper.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["Clear Evac", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript6 ,"ClearEvacChopper.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
];

Yo dude I really want to use your Skript but the Dropbox link seems to be outdated can you update/fix it or is it just for me?

The two posts above yours would indicate it is not only you.

OtterNas3 is listed as being online in the last 24 hours so I have PM'd him regarding this.

I also some understand people are experiencing issues with this mod.  I have found the solution to one problem with the evac not working due to a change BIS made after the release went live.  I will put it up here if OtterNas3 agrees but I think it is only fair to ask first as it is his mod and he may wish to fix it a different way (its his mod to support after all). 

If anyone is desperate then they can PM me and I will privately direct them to the instructions or you can have a search about on the forums.

Lets see what he comes back with.

Update 1.4

Hey folks,

i updated the JAEM to version 1.4

This update should fix all errors that occured.

However this mod is running on my Server completely on my Headless-Client so the port to a working version for non Headless-client was not that easy.

Thats why i did not updated it recently!

See changelog for 1.4 in the first post!

Moo,

Otter

Ok might be doing something wrong, get kicked for Publicvarianle #3

Hmm thats weird cause in the BE filter file publicvariableval.txt (at least the original Epoch ones) it would just log the action with this line in it:

1 "add" !="ladder"

1 means just log nothing else.

Maybe you have infistar AdminCheat, ummmm sory i meant AntiCheat ^^, installed and used his BE filter files?

Open publicvariableval.txt and have a look on line 4, should look like this:

5 "add" !="ladder"

i think it has a 5 on start of the line, thats why it kicks instead of log.

solution:

Make the 5 a 1

As this is Epoch default for it, should not harm your server and open it wide range for hackers ^^

Moo,

Otter

"PlayerUID with Characters"

A new check is implemented for these Players with the Arma2 anniversary edition.

Like RimBlock wrote me in a PM these Players have characters in their PlayerUID and cause the Database entry just hold numeric it doesnt worked good for them.

I tooked the function from RimBlock his "A Plot for life v1.1" and implemented it in the JAEM scripts so that should not be a problem anymore

As i took this function from RimBlock his scripts i gave Credits to him here! Dont know who wrote it first if it not was RimBlock himself!

The concept was first seen by me in the same sort of mod by WGC GeekGarage (as noted in my credits of )

but I rewrote it from scratch to make it a lot more efficient and remove any dependency on extra third party scripts he was using.

There are a number of potential limitations as noted in my thread and I hope to soon work on another mod which will completely remove them.  If the technique works (and it should) then it will make things a lot easier to tie items to playerUIDs and should be able to implement on just about all objects.

I previously had a problem where the evac chopper wouldn't work after some time. I'm not sure if it was after death or just after a restart because I didn't do extensive testing. I just noticed it didn't work at some point.

I saw a new version was released, so I updated to it. Now when I build the evac chopper, there's no helipad shown, no helipad is written to the database, and if I try calling the medivac chopper, it says there's no helicopter on my helipad.

I checked my server RPT log and it doesn't show any errors. I have snap building installed and this plotpole mod: 

Any suggestions?